Close
    Thanks Given

Cool Hello to all from Colorado

New member from Fort Collins Colorado. Just had my Bel Stir plus installed last weekend and am having a dual Al priority installed this weekend. Looking to learn as much as I can about properly using my new toys as I have read quite a bit online but really look forward to gaining knowledge from the seasoned vets on this forum.

Thanks Given
    Welcome to the forum! I also have STiR-plus and ALPs(3 front, 2 rear). So far, I haven't been lidar tagged in the wild, but the Stir has worked very well for me.

I'm jealous, as Colorado is my favorite playground.

Thanks Given
    Really looking forward to having the ALP system installed this weekend. Not sure how often lidar is used out here as this will be my first experience with jammers. Do you know where I might find information on getting my set up tested out here?

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    Welcome to RALF. I spent many years living in Colo. (Boulder, Nederland, Longmont, Berthoud & Loveland) & sure do miss skiing the Rocky Mtn's.
    Unfortunately there isn't anyone in your area that I'm aware of...the Lone Star State would be the closest & that's a long haul down the Valley Highway into the Pan Handle.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    Welcome to RALF. I spent many years living in Colo. (Boulder, Nederland, Longmont, Berthoud & Loveland) & sure do miss skiing the Rocky Mtn's.
    Unfortunately there isn't anyone in your area that I'm aware of...the Lone Star State would be the closest & that's a long haul down the Valley Highway into the Pan Handle.
    That's a long road trip. I've found a few lidar guns for sale on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. May have to just buy one. That would be a heck of alot cheaper although the road world be fun.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rcordova719 View Post
    That's a long road trip. I've found a few lidar guns for sale on ebay for a couple hundred bucks. May have to just buy one. That would be a heck of alot cheaper although the road world be fun.
    You need to know what you're doing to buy off eBay, it's easy to get ripped-off by scammers selling Lidars that have problems or don't work at all. Best way to buy a trouble-free Lidar gun is off one of the Forums (like this one) from a reputable Member who can be trusted.

7. The Following User Says Thank You to RedRocket For This Useful Post:

curmudgeon (11-02-2016)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by RedRocket View Post
    You need to know what you're doing to buy off eBay, it's easy to get ripped-off by scammers selling Lidars that have problems or don't work at all. Best way to buy a trouble-free Lidar gun is off one of the Forums (like this one) from a reputable Member who can be trusted.
    Thanks for the heads up. Main reason I joined this forum is to get info exactly like this. So awesome to see enthusiasts helping each other out.

Thanks Given
    Welcome to RALF

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 911 Posts
    welcome from down under