Close
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by awj223 View Post
    Both times, right here: https://www.google.com/maps/@37.3610...3i2v4-TGhg!2e0

Northbound, near the Holiday Inn.
    Drove through here after work with wideband Ka enabled on my STiR+. Went on both sides of N 1st, making two U-turns. Picked up nothing.

Thanks Given
    It does not. I really need that AL Display so I can figure out what band I'm detecting.

I've twice detected Ka on N 1st Street in San Jose between 880 and Gish. I haven't a clue what band it's detecting, and it's been only one blip then gone. I'm going to try to enable Ka wideband on my STiR+ and see if it detects a stronger signal next time I drive through there.
    Likely scatter from CHP either on Hwy 880 or 101 nearby or the courthouse which is near there. CHP unit going to-from the courthouse leaving his unit on. See it all the time in Santa Cruz.
    Go ahead, make my day.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    Yes, I've seen confirmed 35.5 from the U.S. Park Police inside Yosemite, as well as the blue DHS federal police vehicles near Golden Gate Bridge. They also sometimes run radar from Suburbans on 101 near SF. Those vehicles have the white conical Kustom antennas.
    Are the DHS vehicles allowed to issue tickets on 101 and the GGB? All of the stories I've seen about people issuing tickets on the Golden Gate Bridge are about CHP.

Thanks Given
    Are the DHS vehicles allowed to issue tickets on 101 and the GGB? All of the stories I've seen about people issuing tickets on the Golden Gate Bridge are about CHP.
    If DHS were issuing traffic tickets, we would hear about it on CNN. I seriously doubt it.
    Go ahead, make my day.

Thanks Given
    They might be doing it as an excuse to pull over a carload of suspected "illegals".
    Go ahead, make my day.

Thanks Given
    I am not sure if they do. They certainly are "allowed" to -- California has an EXTREMELY broad definition of "Peace Officer", who are allowed to enforce CVC/CPC. And that even includes some railroad employees and DMV officers.

But will they randomly ticket you on 101? I doubt it. But they have radar for a reason. I presume they do have some enforcement duty near the Presidio, but it's always such a traffic jam there that I can't imagine speeding is even feasible.

The last time I was stuck there, I did see one of the white and blue Suburbans put on his lights and sirens and race towards the bridge but who knows why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by jdong View Post
    I am not sure if they do. They certainly are "allowed" to -- California has an EXTREMELY broad definition of "Peace Officer", who are allowed to enforce CVC/CPC. And that even includes some railroad employees and DMV officers.

But will they randomly ticket you on 101? I doubt it. But they have radar for a reason. I presume they do have some enforcement duty near the Presidio, but it's always such a traffic jam there that I can't imagine speeding is even feasible.

The last time I was stuck there, I did see one of the white and blue Suburbans put on his lights and sirens and race towards the bridge but who knows why.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Hmm...maybe they enforce limits in the Presidio itself (not on Doyle Drive or Park Presidio Blvd, but on the side roads) or more likely, in the Golden Gate National Recreation Area, where it IS feasible to speed.