Close
    Thanks Given

Question What's the worst punishment for having a RD and a laser jammer in Onterrible?

If a licenced driver violates no laws other than having speed measurement warning devices (SMWDs) in his vehicle, and a LEO catches him, what's the worst punishment?

I'm pretty sure you would get 3 points off your licence, a fine, and have you devices confiscated (if applicable). Now, say the LEO sees a jammer, and he fills a charge on behalf of the province, can the province, based on legal grounds,

1) suspend your licence?

2) impound your vehicle?

3) permanently seizure your vehicle?

4) put you in jail?

Also, if the LEO sees the jammer heads or controller module, does he confiscate it by just ripping the jammer off from you car, or issue you an instrument violation ticket that you must go to a certified shop to have it removed?

Thanks in advance. I wish you all safe on the roads.

Thanks Given
    I'm particularly interested if the LEO can forfeit the vehicle under civil forfeiture:

Thanks Given
    I will answer for Quebec .

Question 1 to 4 : No.

Seizure : yes
    Fine : yes $ 500 + $ 150 fees , no points lost , fine can go up to $ 1000 if catch again.

About seizure of jammer here , as of now , i never heard it was done ...yet.

Following the rules you can drive without issues : Jtk , only use an approved parking assistant

As for rd , use only rdd-proof and hide it well ...very well , no cords\connection\switch\plug you cannot prove the legal use.

4. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Tman For This Useful Post:

dinkydi (10-06-2014), Out for Germany (10-28-2014)

Thanks Given

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Tman View Post
    I will answer for Quebec .

Question 1 to 4 : No.

Seizure : yes
    Fine : yes $ 500 + $ 150 fees , no points lost , fine can go up to $ 1000 if catch again.

About seizure of jammer here , as of now , i never heard it was done ...yet.
    So you mean they may reasonable seizure the laser jammer but not your vehicle if they catch a user of laser jammer?

My greatest concern is that I don't want to put my vehicle at risk by misconfiguring my parking sensors. I believe many friends at our forum would have the same concern as well.

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by Out for Germany View Post
    So you mean they may reasonable seizure the laser jammer but not your vehicle if they catch a user of laser jammer?

My greatest concern is that I don't want to put my vehicle at risk by misconfiguring my parking sensors. I believe many friends at our forum would have the same concern as well.
    At least in Q they would only seize your equipment , there is no provision to seize the vehicle.

Take the basic precautions and you should be fine ...JTK fast , hide wires\switch .
    Last edited by Tman; 10-28-2014 at 04:11 PM.