Close
    Thanks Given

Simple Stealth Trick (Black Sharpies Are Your Friend)

Hi all I just wanted to share. I have used cream color RJ11 cable and have found that if you need 6 pin cable for some reason black one is hard to come by. I noticed on my dads 9500IX setup his cream color cord kept popping out at me. I said, "Dad you would be much more stealth to have black cord, I wrap all mine in black tape so I will do it for you." Well I did and sure enough his whole setup seemed to disappear. What difference it made! However I wanted to share that I colored one with sharpie tonight and it actually turned out PERFECT. It is also much faster to do and, looked just like an original black one and it really makes for much more stealth install. It's funny to me what difference little things like this make. I used sharpie on screws, and I also used it to color the little white stripe on the cable coming out of my STIR Plus, this really makes it blend. While this is simple idea I just hoped I would be able to help someone out that needs to find simple cost effective ways of making your install more stealth. Just remember the sharpie is your friend when it comes to stealth!!! By the way as soon as I colored it and blew on it bit it didn't rub off at all, which was one of my concerns but it didn't! Perfect!!

2. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kasher1979 For This Useful Post:

melbVt (03-31-2014), modsl55amg (02-20-2015)