Close
Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6141516
    Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by dragons View Post
    The current gen LI has had a pretty amazing run, from 2007 to now, I know there have been small upgrades here and there, but by and large has remained unchanged, that's pretty amazing for any piece of technology.. But I agree it would be awesome to see them release heads with microprocessors in the heads similar to the G9 and ALP, but also with a powerful CPU as well.
    It does.... It's been an awesome unit and still is really.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 2,189 Times in 1,020 Posts
    I think LI should try to resolve current Gen issues before creating something new that's not up to the task.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to shanetrainST For This Useful Post:

dragons (10-29-2014)

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by shanetrainST View Post
    I think LI should try to resolve current Gen issues before creating something new that's not up to the task.
    Actually they have probably went about as far as they can with the current gen. I commend them for keeping this peice of equipment working as well as it has, for as long as it has. It's like those old windows XP computers. Windows XP in my opinion was an AWESOME OS. It worked well and many times better than the new stuff. But it comes a point where it just can't keep up with the new stuff. Thats what is happening. I wish they would have had more of a sense of urgency on updating hardware earlier, but I do realize they wanted to keep existing customers happy. But like ALL technology is sooner or later becomes obselete for the most part. I think it will take a long time for the current gen LI to actually become obsolete but it will eventually happen. It will eventually happy probably for ALP to, but the point is ALP is way ahead and set for many years of protection IMO.

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to kasher1979 For This Useful Post:

Qui-Gon (10-28-2014), Yellowcab (10-28-2014)

Thanks Given
    If they use the best they can get today it will have a channel that is very future proof. If I was designing something like this one of my goals would be a ten year life span so it should be able to meet not only those reliability goals but meet the computing power needed for possible future tech.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Given
    Quote Originally Posted by kasher1979 View Post
    Windows XP in my opinion was an AWESOME OS.
    From this Linux user: *cough*

8. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to awj223 For This Useful Post:

dragons (10-29-2014), kasher1979 (10-29-2014)