Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2958
Everything you need to know about the new AL Priority - Page 2
Close
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 140
  1. #11
    Senior Member dinkydi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    cosmos
    Posts
    4,662
    Thanks Given
    5,894
    Thanked 1,834 Times in 1,290 Posts
    Yep if the thickness of the Li cable will handle power ok ,also wil be able to fit in the front grill better on my q5, the Li are sitting just behind at the moment not good but did ok when we tested them just the angle is reduced

  2. #12
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks Given
    712
    Thanked 7,396 Times in 2,865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkydi View Post
    Yep if the thickness of the Li cable will handle power ok ,also wil be able to fit in the front grill better on my q5, the Li are sitting just behind at the moment not good but did ok when we tested them just the angle is reduced
    If the time comes and cutting the cables is something you really want to do I will get both cables and help you with the pin-out changes.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestRadarDetectors For This Useful Post:

    dinkydi (01-01-2014), modsl55amg (02-27-2015)

  4. #13
    Senior Member RigToFly01's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    588
    Thanks Given
    424
    Thanked 403 Times in 179 Posts
    BRD, Is there any kind of time table for a release of the "add-ons"? For example I am very interested in the Graphics Display and the GPS antenna. Are we looking at weeks? or Months? or dare I even say... Years?
    AL-PRIORITY (3 Front Heads & 2 Rear Heads) + PASSPORT MAX
    PowerUCC Panorama G DashCam
    Waze Royalty. Ranked 66th in CT. 772,579 points and counting!
    --> RALETC TESTED! <--


    Install
    Prius_C_Install
    Testing
    April_4_2014
    April_13_2014_RALETC_MEET

  5. The Following User Says Thank You to RigToFly01 For This Useful Post:

    modsl55amg (02-27-2015)

  6. #14
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks Given
    712
    Thanked 7,396 Times in 2,865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RigToFly01 View Post
    BRD, Is there any kind of time table for a release of the "add-ons"? For example I am very interested in the Graphics Display and the GPS antenna. Are we looking at weeks? or Months? or dare I even say... Years?
    Out of all the add-on's those two will be some of the last ones released. Radar Modules are done and are in final testing, Bluetooth module went under several changes to make the integration better and will be released in a few weeks. After that some new support for some newer guns (Will not discuss specifics) will be improved. GPS Module will not be an AntiLaser product, It will be a generic GPS Module and AntiLaser is testing several of them to find certain ones that work the best. Graphics Display unfortunately is at the end of the list and I dont have an ETA.

    Considering we only released the AL Priority a few months ago there has been alot of growth already. I dont think any other company could come out and move any faster. They agree with my motto that its best to test properly and fix any bugs before releasing any product or module. We have found a few issues with the Bluetooth module and it had to be redesigned to make it better.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  7. The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to BestRadarDetectors For This Useful Post:

    curmudgeon (11-23-2013), dinkydi (01-01-2014), modsl55amg (02-06-2015), Radarrob (11-23-2013), RigToFly01 (11-26-2013), winterbrew (11-23-2013), Yellowcab (11-23-2013)

  8. #15
    Moderator winterbrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    2,020
    Thanks Given
    2,216
    Thanked 1,954 Times in 1,042 Posts
    Good news on the GPS module - being able to choose a couple of generic ones sounds very useful, and should keep costs down, and add some useful functionality.

    I think the Stinger is currently the only defence system that you can set a minimum speed at which not to deploy jammers if travelling below the set speed.
    2 x ALPriority (Quint) with STi-R+ and BT/HiFi/GPS integration | V1C (sold) | Bel RX65 S7 | 2015 Intl Redline Pro-A (sold) | Uniden R3 | Uniden LRD950 (sold) | Stalker Lidar | UltraLyte LRB | Kustom Raptor RP-1 2 x K band, 1 x Ka band antennas | Decatur Genesis-II K band |

  9. The Following User Says Thank You to winterbrew For This Useful Post:

    modsl55amg (02-27-2015)

  10. #16
    Administrator Mirage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,915
    Thanks Given
    856
    Thanked 2,544 Times in 856 Posts
    There are a couple of really cool things that could come from some of these modules. One feature I can think of that would be excellent is if the GPS module could also interpret the speed limit and turn the ALP defense mode off when the speed is below that limit after receiving an initial alert. The of course recycle after a period of time. I know this wouldn't be perfect but with a little tweaking it could be quite effective. Of course nothing replaces knowing when and how to JTK.

    MirageTools.net
    - Laser CM Reviews and Tools
    RALETC.com - Radar and Laser Expert Testing Cooperative
    AL PRIORITY (Quint) w/BT, RG, & STiR | V1 3.892 + YAV1 | BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

  11. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mirage For This Useful Post:

    modsl55amg (02-27-2015), Radarrob (11-23-2013)

  12. #17
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks Given
    712
    Thanked 7,396 Times in 2,865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage View Post
    There are a couple of really cool things that could come from some of these modules. One feature I can think of that would be excellent is if the GPS module could also interpret the speed limit and turn the ALP defense mode off when the speed is below that limit after receiving an initial alert. The of course recycle after a period of time. I know this wouldn't be perfect but with a little tweaking it could be quite effective. Of course nothing replaces knowing when and how to JTK.
    Quote Originally Posted by winterbrew View Post
    I think the Stinger is currently the only defence system that you can set a minimum speed at which not to deploy jammers if travelling below the set speed.
    This is already part of the current firmware:

    Name:  Laser-Defense.jpg
Views: 1929
Size:  80.1 KB
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to BestRadarDetectors For This Useful Post:

    modsl55amg (02-27-2015), RigToFly01 (11-23-2013)

  14. #18
    Administrator Mirage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,915
    Thanks Given
    856
    Thanked 2,544 Times in 856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BestRadarDetectors View Post
    This is already part of the current firmware
    Almost. This is a user defined speed limit. I want the GPS to change this limit based on location. ie the posted PSL.

    MirageTools.net
    - Laser CM Reviews and Tools
    RALETC.com - Radar and Laser Expert Testing Cooperative
    AL PRIORITY (Quint) w/BT, RG, & STiR | V1 3.892 + YAV1 | BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

  15. The Following User Says Thank You to Mirage For This Useful Post:

    modsl55amg (02-27-2015)

  16. #19
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,082
    Thanks Given
    712
    Thanked 7,396 Times in 2,865 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mirage View Post
    Almost. This is a user defined speed limit. I want the GPS to change this limit based on location. ie the posted PSL.
    That will be a challenge. Look at all the problems Escort Live has with accurate PSL's and the Max? It would be almost impossible to be able to rely on GPS for actual PSL data and in many times it could cause you a ticket if the PSL data is wrong and the Jammer does not fire because of it. I think that would be a bad idea and its much safer to manually set your limit where you feel safe.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  17. The Following User Says Thank You to BestRadarDetectors For This Useful Post:

    modsl55amg (02-06-2015)

  18. #20
    Administrator Mirage's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    1,915
    Thanks Given
    856
    Thanked 2,544 Times in 856 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BestRadarDetectors View Post
    That will be a challenge. Look at all the problems Escort Live has with accurate PSL's and the Max? It would be almost impossible to be able to rely on GPS for actual PSL data and in many times it could cause you a ticket if the PSL data is wrong and the Jammer does not fire because of it. I think that would be a bad idea and its much safer to manually set your limit where you feel safe.
    Agree there are certain aspects that would not be 100% accurate, but the jammer should ALWAYS fire initially; however, I can see where it might a challenge determining how long to wait before turning off due to the GPS check.

    MirageTools.net
    - Laser CM Reviews and Tools
    RALETC.com - Radar and Laser Expert Testing Cooperative
    AL PRIORITY (Quint) w/BT, RG, & STiR | V1 3.892 + YAV1 | BlackVue DR650GW-2CH

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •