Close
Results 1 to 10 of 10
  1. #1
    Junior Member favg233's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    USA FLORIDA
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts

    Hi Everyone From florida

    Hi all, Computer tech here from south florida. I am Glad to be part of this forum .Been tinkering around for years with radar and laser stuff from blinder extreme to cobra radar detectors. Currently i have a remotely stealth mounted Valentine 1 with remote display And a ALP 3 head soon to be 5 head system in this current car in my profile. Oh and a killer elite sound system in there too 1100 watts .

  2. #2
    Senior Member RedRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,997
    Thanks Given
    1,073
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 835 Posts
    DragonEye Lidars are used in Fla. & only 2 Rear Transponders is not enough to protect you against this gun !

  3. #3
    Junior Member favg233's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    USA FLORIDA
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    i agree 100 % with you Red . In florida you do need 3 heads all the way around the car for Dragon eye lidar protection. the reason i do not like the alp tx transponder is it needs GPS to work . Say the GPS signal goes out at the time a LEO is hitting you with a dragon eye lidar gun the tx transponder will go out too. and the LEO will get your speed.I might go the dual cpu route but it is very costly.Still thinking about that one. Alp needs to protect there property i think with out the gps needed for the tx transponder. There are other ways to do this but alp did not go this route. i will use 3 heads in rear of my car for sure .
    Last edited by favg233; 05-21-2019 at 10:41 AM.

  4. #4
    Senior Member RedRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,997
    Thanks Given
    1,073
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 835 Posts
    I'm not 100% certain, but I believe if you lose the GPS when under assault the system will continue to defend. I do not use a TX myself, but I believe @BestRadarDetectors stated it does when a user brought this question up in another Forum elsewhere.

  5. #5
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,466
    Thanks Given
    471
    Thanked 5,541 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by favg233 View Post
    i agree 100 % with you Red . In florida you do need 3 heads all the way around the car for Dragon eye lidar protection. the reason i do not like the alp tx transponder is it needs GPS to work . Say the GPS signal goes out at the time a LEO is hitting you with a dragon eye lidar gun the tx transponder will go out too. and the LEO will get your speed.I might go the dual cpu route but it is very costly.Still thinking about that one. Alp needs to protect there property i think with out the gps needed for the tx transponder. There are other ways to do this but alp did not go this route. i will use 3 heads in rear of my car for sure .
    If you lose GPS Signal you will not lose protection. You can go through a tunnel and not lose protection. Please don't listen to those that are uninformed how the ALP System works.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  6. #6
    Junior Member favg233's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    USA FLORIDA
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BestRadarDetectors View Post
    If you lose GPS Signal you will not lose protection. You can go through a tunnel and not lose protection. Please don't listen to those that are uninformed how the ALP System works.
    Ok now i am confused. If the Tx transponder on the ALP SYSTEM needs GPS to function at all ,how will it still protect you if you need 3 rear transponders for DRAGONEYE LIDAR if your GPS signal goes out? Please explain how this works. And if this was tested at all with out a GPS signal present.

  7. #7
    Junior Member favg233's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Location
    USA FLORIDA
    Posts
    13
    Thanks Given
    0
    Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    When it comes to countermeasures, i do not rely on anything wireless to protect me from getting my drivers license taken away or going to prison or getting my insurance rates hiked up or getting a ticket , period . I think if ALP wants to use GPS on there tx transponders to protect you then the tx head is not for me. The reason for me is that anything wireless is prone to interference. And i think a lot of people will agree with me on this one when when it comes to countermeasures . I really like the ALP SYSTEM . I think they have a fantastic system and company . I hope ALP CHANGES THERE TX HEAD to not rely on GPS in the future .
    Last edited by favg233; 05-24-2019 at 06:46 AM.

  8. #8
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,466
    Thanks Given
    471
    Thanked 5,541 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by favg233 View Post
    Ok now i am confused. If the Tx transponder on the ALP SYSTEM needs GPS to function at all ,how will it still protect you if you need 3 rear transponders for DRAGONEYE LIDAR if your GPS signal goes out? Please explain how this works. And if this was tested at all with out a GPS signal present.
    We will not explain propriety operating information and the use of GPS when TX sensors is used. This functionality will not change and will always be a requirement.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  9. #9
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    4,466
    Thanks Given
    471
    Thanked 5,541 Times in 2,127 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by favg233 View Post
    Ok now i am confused. If the Tx transponder on the ALP SYSTEM needs GPS to function at all ,how will it still protect you if you need 3 rear transponders for DRAGONEYE LIDAR if your GPS signal goes out? Please explain how this works. And if this was tested at all with out a GPS signal present.
    We will not explain propriety operating information and the use of GPS when TX sensors is used. This functionality will not change and will always be a requirement.
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  10. #10
    Senior Member RedRocket's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    North America
    Posts
    1,997
    Thanks Given
    1,073
    Thanked 1,531 Times in 835 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by favg233 View Post
    Ok now i am confused. If the Tx transponder on the ALP SYSTEM needs GPS to function at all ,how will it still protect you if you need 3 rear transponders for DRAGONEYE LIDAR if your GPS signal goes out? Please explain how this works. And if this was tested at all with out a GPS signal present.
    Actually it has been Tested a couple of times by 2 different(Canadian & USA) independent Testing Groups that I'm aware of, & it did perform/defend as @BestRadarDetectors states above.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •