Close
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 929 Posts
    Thanks - they run the S350 tripods here without the white outer enclosure, probably beacuse a black unit is easier to hide in the bushes (they paint the Poliscan mobile tripod enclosures green here )
    2 x ALPriority (Quint) with STi-R+ and BT/HiFi/GPS integration | V1C (sold) | Bel RX65 S7 | 2015 Intl Redline Pro-A (sold) | Uniden R3 | Uniden LRD950 (sold) | Stalker Lidar | UltraLyte LRB | Kustom Raptor RP-1 2 x K band, 1 x Ka band antennas | Decatur Genesis-II K band |

Thanks Given
    Yeah.. They have these green tripods over here as well - and they are very creative in hiding (well, we have no bushes but behind edges, buildings or even cars - specially in those conditions where your sight is departed or obstructed by traffic

since i'm getting more and more experience in detection of these green buggers, i also do recognize a pattern where the towers are switched on and or off in directions by time - so in some cases they try to follow the traffic into and out of cities not leaving both directions on all the time - some of the towers are completely switched off over night since we have great law regulations where you are not allowed to be blinded with a daylight flash over night.. but then they have these special falsely called "blacklight" flashes (which are actually near IR) where you only see a very dark red dim flash - they use them specially in tunnels over here - havent seen one yet, but heard of - here i found a datasheet from a company specialized in building these:

https://www.phoxene.com/wp-content/u...ct%20Guide.pdf

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Michael_MA For This Useful Post:

dinkydi (03-21-2018), dragons (03-21-2018)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 929 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael_MA View Post
    hmm .. not that i'm aware of in my area - they have these towers with road buried piezo sensors, but not with LIDAR technology - PoliScans are the unsung hero's here in the Heidelberg/Mannheim Area - i've seen videos on YT where S350s mobile trailer were placed in the Cologne/Dusseldorf Area in a similar form as the law enforcement trailer from Vitronic - they were placed ilegally on the Highways A40/A46 in contruction sites by the local/ Town communities - in the state of NRW it is not allowed town/communities to place mobile traffic control equipment on higfhways - only police is allowed to do that -

here is a video of the PoliScan installation in NRW: (sorry the video creator made it in german only - i can try to translate most important infos, if anybody is interested)

On the other hand, the Jenoptik TraffiStar S350 is officially known here in germany to have a measure range, which is not meeting german law regulations - the range was found to be too short wit 8.31m - the min requirement by the certification is 10.0m - there is a smart layer for road traffic law has done quite some stirring up and has a great video explaining this fact - affected communities which use the S350 have been notified by Jenoptik to shutdown the operation until this issue is clarified and the certification is activated again.

here is the video of the layer - for those of you understanding a bit german:

The trailer enclosure is here now

http://radarandlaserforum.com/showth...8539#post68539
    2 x ALPriority (Quint) with STi-R+ and BT/HiFi/GPS integration | V1C (sold) | Bel RX65 S7 | 2015 Intl Redline Pro-A (sold) | Uniden R3 | Uniden LRD950 (sold) | Stalker Lidar | UltraLyte LRB | Kustom Raptor RP-1 2 x K band, 1 x Ka band antennas | Decatur Genesis-II K band |

5. The Following User Says Thank You to winterbrew For This Useful Post:

dinkydi (03-29-2018)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 911 Posts
    put it on RDF see what re action we get
    https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?threads/73119/

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 911 Posts
    double post some thing about 29 sec delay
    Last edited by dinkydi; 03-29-2018 at 05:13 PM.