Close
Results 1 to 8 of 8
  1. #1
    Member REVNURAZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Given
    8
    Thanked 50 Times in 21 Posts

    WA Laser Jammer Crackdown

    Just a FYI for those who didn't catch the news in the last few weeks.

    https://thewest.com.au/news/wa/wa-to...-ng-b88631469z

    $1200 and 7 demerits for those caught using them from December...

    Thoughts?

    Anyone still game enough to run them, mounting discreetly will become the new challenge..

  2. #2
    Senior Member dinkydi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    cosmos
    Posts
    4,585
    Thanks Given
    5,814
    Thanked 1,804 Times in 1,264 Posts
    join the club, welcome to the land of bans

  3. #3
    Senior Member dragons's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    811
    Thanks Given
    797
    Thanked 594 Times in 339 Posts
    Sadly there have been a few cases of people not using JTK correctly that have brought this issue into the spotlight. I dare say until Antilaser and Stinger come up with more inconspicuous heads this is going to be a problem in WA for a while to come since most current options stick out like dogs balls if you know what to look for.

    I'm sure it will blow over in a couple of years, it reminds me a bit of when RD's were banned in the eastern states, LEO's were specifically trained how to spot them etc but within a couple of years it was less of an issue. I suppose we have a new challenge at foot in creating more covert mounting methods.
    Last edited by dragons; 11-22-2017 at 05:27 PM.

  4. #4
    Moderator winterbrew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Western Australia
    Posts
    1,978
    Thanks Given
    2,188
    Thanked 1,924 Times in 1,024 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by REVNURAZR View Post
    J
    $1200 and 7 demerits for those caught using them from December.
    14 demerits during holiday season, 22nd Dec to 7th Jan is quite a while. That would earn you a 3 month demerit ban in one go.
    2 x ALPriority (Quint) with STi-R+ and BT/HiFi/GPS integration | V1C (sold) | Bel RX65 S7 | 2015 Intl Redline Pro-A (sold) | Uniden R3 | Uniden LRD950 (sold) | Stalker Lidar | UltraLyte LRB | Kustom Raptor RP-1 2 x K band, 1 x Ka band antennas | Decatur Genesis-II K band |

  5. #5
    Senior Member beingaware's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    FIFO
    Posts
    2,672
    Thanks Given
    2,012
    Thanked 2,586 Times in 1,205 Posts
    Careful, this is the pubic section of the website.

    But in saying that, guess a few people keep hot lapping speed cameras/taunting the Police with JTG until they decided to crack down on it.

    Usual a few bad eggs ruins it for everyone else.

    Good to see they didn't ban detection, only jamming, means they still want to make it fairish.

    End of the day, if they get you to slow down either via an alert or a fine 3 weeks later it means they were successful in their objectives.
    Defence: ALP x 3 Front / 2 x Angled Rears | Stinger VIP Radar x 2 Patch Panels / Stinger VIP LIDAR (testing)| Escort Redline 2013 int | Escort Redline MRCT 2015 int | STI-R+ | V1 (testing) | Veil
    CM Testing: Spectre RDD Mrk IV | UltraLyte LR UX 125pps | UltraLyte LRB 125pps | Stalker LZ1 | ProLaser 2 (The Hole Finder) | Kustom Talon 2 KA | Bushnell Velocity K Band
    Intelligence: Front/Rear Dash Cam | 477MHz 2-WAY Radio
    Want your jammer setup tested? Want to confirm your RD is stealth? Send me a PM.
    <a href=http://www.raletc.com target=_blank rel=nofollow>http://www.raletc.com</a>

  6. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to beingaware For This Useful Post:

    dinkydi (11-22-2017), dragons (11-22-2017), melbVt (11-23-2017), System (11-22-2017)

  7. #6
    Member REVNURAZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Given
    8
    Thanked 50 Times in 21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dinkydi View Post
    join the club, welcome to the land of bans
    Was only a matter of time, WA...the Nanny state eh

    Quote Originally Posted by dragons View Post
    Sadly there have been a few cases of people not using JTK correctly that have brought this issue into the spotlight. I dare say until Antilaser and Stinger come up with more inconspicuous heads this is going to be a problem in WA for a while to come since most current options stick out like dogs balls if you know what to look for.

    I'm sure it will blow over in a couple of years, it reminds me a bit of when RD's were banned in the eastern states, LEO's were specifically trained how to spot them etc but within a couple of years it was less of an issue. I suppose we have a new challenge at foot in creating more covert mounting methods.
    Always those who ruin it for the majority sadly.

    Hoping for a similar outcome, ALP is on the ball with the new covert idea...

    Quote Originally Posted by beingaware View Post
    Careful, this is the pubic section of the website.

    But in saying that, guess a few people keep hot lapping speed cameras/taunting the Police with JTG until they decided to crack down on it.

    Usual a few bad eggs ruins it for everyone else.

    Good to see they didn't ban detection, only jamming, means they still want to make it fairish.

    End of the day, if they get you to slow down either via an alert or a fine 3 weeks later it means they were successful in their objectives.
    Yeah the detectors still being legal is a big bonus, still doesn't do squat for the Poliscan (automated teller machine) 3m deep in the bushes behind you.
    Last edited by REVNURAZR; 11-23-2017 at 11:12 AM.

  8. #7
    Member REVNURAZR's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Given
    8
    Thanked 50 Times in 21 Posts
    On a side note, is there any Aussie suppliers for these;

    TX only head for the ALP

    http://www.alpriorityusa.com/TX-Lase...s.html?AffId=1
    Last edited by REVNURAZR; 11-23-2017 at 11:12 AM.

  9. #8
    Senior Member BestRadarDetectors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    6,039
    Thanks Given
    709
    Thanked 7,346 Times in 2,847 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by REVNURAZR View Post
    On a side note, is there any Aussie suppliers for these;

    TX only head for the ALP

    http://www.alpriorityusa.com/TX-Lase...s.html?AffId=1
    They are only made for the US & Canada.

    Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
    Need Help Choosing a Radar Detector for your needs? Visit our website: http://www.bestradardetectors.net, Send us a PM or call us at 1-888-229-7594
    Before looking at an Escort Radar Detector you should really check out Uniden Detectors.. Uniden R1 & R3 are the best performing radar detectors for the money.

  10. The Following User Says Thank You to BestRadarDetectors For This Useful Post:

    System (11-24-2017)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •