Close
    Thanks Given

Redflex cams in NZ

Ok so I keep asking this question but get no answers. The redflex cams in vans and on fixed poles are damn hard for any windscreen mounted RD to pick up.

You're practically on top of them before u get a warning and then it's just too late.

They apparently run a low frequency K band with very little scatter unlike Ka which broadcasts to the universe!

My Max international windscreen mount just doesn't cut it against these redflex cams

Does anyone know of any windscreen mounted unit that already has the technology to defeat the redflex cams and give much earlier warning?

Does anyone know if any serious research is being done by any RD manufacturer into the redflex technology?

Step up step up don't be shy.......

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 929 Posts
    Hi mate,

There's not too many kiwi's on this forum.

The Uniden R1 and R3 (USA model) does quite well with the K filter turned off. However, their current hardware only goes down to 24.050 GHz (designed for USA k band spec), so detection can literally be hit and miss, if the Redflex is tuned lower than this.

The only manufacturer I'm currently aware that is testing in different countries against Redflex is the new NetRadar DSP which will be a radar add-on to the AL Priority laser jammer, and not a stand alone unit.

Radenso (Genevo) Pro-M edition is supposed to be good against MultaRadar CD/CT, but not seen/read how it fairs against the Redflex.

Other than this, your only other option is Stinger VIP for mega bucks.
    2 x ALPriority (Quint) with STi-R+ and BT/HiFi/GPS integration | V1C (sold) | Bel RX65 S7 | 2015 Intl Redline Pro-A (sold) | Uniden R3 | Uniden LRD950 (sold) | Stalker Lidar | UltraLyte LRB | Kustom Raptor RP-1 2 x K band, 1 x Ka band antennas | Decatur Genesis-II K band |

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,697 Times in 929 Posts
    There's more kiwi's that participate on the other forum in the AU/NZ section - a few threads there on Redflex;

https://www.rdforum.org/index.php?forums/104/
    2 x ALPriority (Quint) with STi-R+ and BT/HiFi/GPS integration | V1C (sold) | Bel RX65 S7 | 2015 Intl Redline Pro-A (sold) | Uniden R3 | Uniden LRD950 (sold) | Stalker Lidar | UltraLyte LRB | Kustom Raptor RP-1 2 x K band, 1 x Ka band antennas | Decatur Genesis-II K band |

Thanks Given
    KIWI signing in.

Sorry, have been away on RDF all this time. Will try log onto here more often.

"Does anyone know of any windscreen mounted unit that already has the technology to defeat the redflex cams and give much earlier warning?"

As winterbrew mentioned, unless you want to spend a few mortgage payments on a Stinger, then there are not many options. In my experience the International versions of detectors which go down to 23.950 on K band have some chance on the older redflex technology (like in the vans). My redline PROA and V1 give me 100-200m notice on a good day. Noting, I normally spot the van (marked or unmarked) with my eyes before the detector goes off. Obviously harder to do in the dark. The newer technology on the pole mounted redflex, is hit and miss.

I think the issue is that redflex is not used in the US except in a few states, hence the demand for detectors to effectively detect low powered K band is not huge.

Fingers crossed Uniden come to the party and release an International model which can shine on redflex detection.

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,222 Times in 911 Posts
    thats the BIG problem all the stuff is mainly USA and a lot of the new low power coming AU/NZ aint over there as yet so we are out in cold