Close
    Thanks Given

Question Mid-Installation question

Hey guys, I'm in the middle of my installation today, and so far my focus has just been on getting the wires where they need to be.. figuring I'll deal with aiming the heads later.

Of course now I am almost to that point and I realize I'm an idiot and didn't label the wires before running them from the firewall to the front and rear of the car.

Got any advise on how to determine which wire is which? I can easily unplug and move the RJ45 end, but the only thing I can think of is running a jumper on one end of the wires and an ohm meter on the opposite.

Any install tricks to help with this issue?

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    Yes, there are a couple of ways, the easiest only requires yourself if you have HiFi. If not, you need 2 people.
    With HiFi set the speaker near a window so you can hear it beeping while you're in Front (or Rear) of the car.

One wire at a time (of the 5) plug it into F1 of the Control Box...now go to each Sensor individually & place the palm of your hand about 4" in Front of each Sensor until you hear the HiFi beeping - now label that Sensor cable by its physical location - eg: Front Driverside or Front Center or FrontPass,etc. Remove that wire & select the next wire & plug into F1, etc., etc.

*Important - make sure the Front Center Sensor is plugged into the F2 port of the Control Box if you have a Quint. If you have a Quad, use F1,F2 & Rear use R1 & R2 !
    Last edited by RedRocket; 08-13-2017 at 10:49 AM.

3. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to RedRocket For This Useful Post:

curmudgeon (08-14-2017), Tman (08-13-2017)

Thanks Given
    Awesome! Quad + TX in center front.

Thanks!

5. The Following User Says Thank You to R0b For This Useful Post:

KeithB (08-20-2017)

Thanks Given
    Thanked 1,543 Times in 846 Posts
    I'm confused - do you have a Quint...5 Sensors total ? (3 Front n' 2 Rear)

p.s. - The TX sensor doesn't have a 'receiving' function (only Transmits) so you will not get a "beeping" alert w/ your hand.
    Last edited by RedRocket; 08-14-2017 at 06:48 AM.