PDA

View Full Version : AL Priority + Dual Net Radar + BT running ALP Connect & External LED

BestRadarDetectors
03-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Here is a video which shows the AL Priority + Dual Net Radar + BT running ALP Connect. Its a good example showing the dual antennas in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xD-d-X7Jqk4

Marcv125
03-07-2017, 06:37 PM
Tom i love the interface i think its darn near perfect. very legible and all right in your face. Im very excited for the release...Ill be the first to ask though because you know its going to be asked... there is a decent amount of lag from the front to rear switch..Im sure this isnt a easy project to tackle and you are probably still working on this but again , just asking here because you know it will be asked at some point

BestRadarDetectors
03-07-2017, 06:57 PM
Tom i love the interface i think its darn near perfect. very legible and all right in your face. Im very excited for the release...Ill be the first to ask though because you know its going to be asked... there is a decent amount of lag from the front to rear switch..Im sure this isnt a easy project to tackle and you are probably still working on this but again , just asking here because you know it will be asked at some point
The app is slightly behind at the moment but if you watch the LED you will see the LED switched yellow almost immediately after the cop passes. Look carefully and you will see the reflection on the LED in the front cam.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

radargeek
03-07-2017, 07:05 PM
Nice! That Ka alert tone will wake the dead. ;)

Is that 2nd icon from the left during the alert a bogey counter? I saw it jump as high as 4 when the LEO passed.

Marcv125
03-07-2017, 07:52 PM
The app is slightly behind at the moment but if you watch the LED you will see the LED switched yellow almost immediately after the cop passes. Look carefully and you will see the reflection on the LED in the front cam.

yup hard to see but your right.. Glad to see man.. Once its "said" in the app and switched as quick as the LED changes you really will have a winner here.This is getting to be a monster system paired with ALP. Also i pretty much run only BT now but for those that run HiFi will it announce over HiFi also or is this just a BT/App thing?.

BestRadarDetectors
03-07-2017, 08:03 PM
yup hard to see but your right.. Glad to see man.. Once its "said" in the app and switched as quick as the LED changes you really will have a winner here.This is getting to be a monster system paired with ALP. Also i pretty much run only BT now but for those that run HiFi will it announce over HiFi also or is this just a BT/App thing?.
It announces direction over HiFi as well.

BestRadarDetectors
03-07-2017, 08:04 PM
Nice! That Ka alert tone will wake the dead. ;)

Is that 2nd icon from the left during the alert a bogey counter? I saw it jump as high as 4 when the LEO passed.
Yes, it tracks multiple alerts like the V1's bogey counter.

BestRadarDetectors
03-07-2017, 08:27 PM
Here is a HiFi only alert. We have it programmed to only repeat a direction voice if there is a pause or a frequency hop. If there is no fluctuation in frequency you should only receive one verbal alert and track it from the LED.

https://youtu.be/t8Y5l9Nsq7o

jakevsnake
03-07-2017, 10:13 PM
Im really excited to get this feature. I know for some this may be unnecessary but I find it essential to enhance SA while driving. I like knowing where the threat might be so I can adjust my driving accordingly :)

SurrealOne
03-08-2017, 03:06 PM
When you say dual net radar is the one in the front and one in the back?

BestRadarDetectors
03-08-2017, 04:28 PM
When you say dual net radar is the one in the front and one in the back?

Yes, You can connect multiple Net Radar antennas to the ALP with the RG3 module.

Marcv125
03-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Tom..is there and option in the works if only running HiFi to audibly say Radar ahead and if you want when you pass the source let HiFi say radar behind also?..im assuming you did this so it wouldnt be "annoying" as some would say but personally i dont run the Led and would want the notification when i passed the source..just so you can leave that up to the owner...?

BestRadarDetectors
03-08-2017, 07:30 PM
Tom..is there and option in the works if only running HiFi to audibly say Radar ahead and if you want when you pass the source let HiFi say radar behind also?..im assuming you did this so it wouldnt be "annoying" as some would say but personally i dont run the Led and would want the notification when i passed the source..just so you can leave that up to the owner...?
It becomes very annoying especially in parking lots when the bogeys are all over the place and it can jump back and forth many times. All you need is the initial direction and track it with either the external LED or LED on the control pad.