PDA

View Full Version : Newbie question

jthomp26
07-28-2016, 09:35 AM
Hello,

If I have the Net Radar/ALP combination, I've read that the Net Radar is not "invisible" to RDD, but only within 24 feet of the front of the vehicle.

So... if I were to get pulled over somewhere like Canada, is there a way to turn off the system so that it isn't detectable at all?

BestRadarDetectors
07-28-2016, 11:15 AM
Hello,

If I have the Net Radar/ALP combination, I've read that the Net Radar is not "invisible" to RDD, but only within 24 feet of the front of the vehicle.

So... if I were to get pulled over somewhere like Canada, is there a way to turn off the system so that it isn't detectable at all?

Just press the power button.

RedRocket
07-28-2016, 12:02 PM
Hello,

So... if I were to get pulled over somewhere like Canada, is there a way to turn off the system so that it isn't detectable at all?If you're in a banned Province, it would be prudent to turn power OFF 300ft BEFORE you get close to Him !

jthomp26
07-28-2016, 04:31 PM
Just press the power button.

Cool, so the power button on the ALP controller will turn off both the Net Radar and the ALP?

Thanks!

jthomp26
07-28-2016, 04:32 PM
If you're in a banned Province, it would be prudent to turn power OFF 300ft BEFORE you get close to Him !

That will definitely be my goal!

jthomp26
08-24-2016, 01:42 PM
Cool, so the power button on the ALP controller will turn off both the Net Radar and the ALP?

Thanks!

Just for the record; in case anyone else has the question, the answer given was incorrect.

Pressing the power button does not turn off the radar detector. It will still be detectable. In order to be undetectable, you need to splice into the power and have a switch in the car.

PAPACUCU
08-24-2016, 02:24 PM
Not doubting you, just hoping to learn
How did you come to this conclusion?

Just for the record; in case anyone else has the question, the answer given was incorrect.

Pressing the power button does not turn off the radar detector. It will still be detectable. In order to be undetectable, you need to splice into the power and have a switch in the car.

BestRadarDetectors
08-24-2016, 04:03 PM

This is nonsense. When powering off the system with the power button the antenna has no power and there is nothing to detect.

dinkydi
08-24-2016, 07:42 PM
:thumbs2:

Holla
08-24-2016, 09:48 PM

Say WHAAT-- press the power button and its OFF. basic electronics!

jthomp26
08-29-2016, 08:23 AM
This is nonsense. When powering off the system with the power button the antenna has no power and there is nothing to detect.

Is this an "official" answer? I have talked to several people that have said that hitting the power button doesn't turn off the RADAR antenna. It turns off the laser function.

BestRadarDetectors
08-29-2016, 10:46 AM
Is this an "official" answer? I have talked to several people that have said that hitting the power button doesn't turn off the RADAR antenna. It turns off the laser function.

A Quick Press is kill during a laser alert. A Full Press at any time turns off the unit completely and nothing is detected. So yes, That is an official answer... If you press the power button and not a quick press during a laser laser everything shuts off.