PDA

View Full Version : Stinger VIP laser VS Poliscan

hiddenboy
07-14-2016, 07:45 AM
Looking for some information from Stinger vip owners as to how the laser side of things deal with Poliscan. I've read ALP is and has been doing very well against it, but most information on the VIP is quite dated.

Would like to know:
1. How much advance warning do you get with forward facing (poliscan) setup.
2. Does the VIP JTG
3. Much luck defending against Rear face (poliscan) setups??

Any information would be great!!!!!

RedRocket
07-14-2016, 07:54 AM
The members here from OZ can update you best as they have far more experience w/ the Vitronic Poliscan's than we do here in the USA.
Defending against the Poliscan REQUIRES very special Off-Axis Sensor alignments than the typical install of straight forward facing & perfectly level placement.

dinkydi
07-14-2016, 04:59 PM
as mentioned above catch up on all u can read, nothing is straight forward when the polis is around, regarding Stinger there is only one user vip laser Stinger as i know of ,rest mainly ALP , fronts hits are not to bad rears that's where the fun begins ,range varies to how the angles of polis is set up to road

dragons
07-14-2016, 07:55 PM
It's hard to get any reliable testing results that are verifable, right now the best we have when testing against a poli is if we get something in the mail a week or two later. Winterbrew has quite a lot of experience with what works against a Poli.

Personally I would be hesitant to use Stinger laser gear on the rear of my car just due to the depth of it make the recievers and transmitters much harder to hide, right now the gold standard is still the AntiLaser Priority, they are much easier to hide on the rear of a veichle, and are also much more forgiving on placement errors.

winterbrew
07-14-2016, 11:28 PM
I've got no experience with the VIP laser against poliscan, but I did briefly test the old Stinger laser squares using a Stinger Card. I had two succesful runs against a fixed rear facer (the ones in the metal cabinet), and one run against a mobile tripod mounted rear facer where I got flashed, but never received a ticket.

I was runing two laser squares angled out on the back, and one under the passenger door mirror angled out to give maximum response time. I didn't do any front facing tests.

ALP is currently the most reliable and best supported laser solution, that's why most people on here in Oz with VIP's just use the radar side, and go ALP for laser.

beingaware
07-15-2016, 12:09 AM
Looking for some information from Stinger vip owners as to how the laser side of things deal with Poliscan. I've read ALP is and has been doing very well against it, but most information on the VIP is quite dated.

Would like to know:
2. Does the VIP JTG

Keanu, drop about $8500 in stinger laser kit, that will do the trick.
Will need about 8 fibres and then another 8 receive heads, plus about 4 labs and lots of creative cabling.

Personally, I just would learn situational awareness and maybe not speed past bushes, underpasses or up Turbot street in the city doing 140kph in a 60kph zone.

Otherwise, we have been hearing interesting things about the Blinder HP-905, you can pick them up at a good price too!!!

All options are very valid.

***Mileage may very***

shanetrainST
07-15-2016, 07:20 AM
Good luck with Poliscans, hope you got deep pockets.

RedRocket
07-15-2016, 07:51 AM

Would like to know:
2. Does the VIP JTG

Any information would be great!!!!! hiddenboy
I'm curious about what you are using at the present time on your car ?
Have you received citations in the mail from Poliscans you have passed by ????

dinkydi
07-15-2016, 04:40 PM

Would like to know:
2. Does the VIP JTG

:hail: Poliscan

hiddenboy
07-18-2016, 10:46 AM
Currently have:
Blinder HP905
Stinger VIP (Rader only)
Beltronics STI
1. No i haven't received anything (Touch wood) secondly i try to do my best by behaving on the roads but there are moments where we all get carried away or miss a speed change. Mind you the Blinder has saved me on 3 separate occasions against the LTI trucam on VPN mode i think.
2. I sorta like to know where and when i get pinged or speed checked

So far been very happy with the Blinder HP 905, get enough warning against front facing poliscans and Trucam, but forget it when it comes to Rear shots

hiddenboy
07-18-2016, 10:51 AM
On a side note would love to see Stinger bring out or give a option of Expert mode on the VIP.
More specifically select what frequency you want to get alerts for, ie 24.125 for gatso in QLD
seems very unlikely though

dinkydi
07-18-2016, 06:52 PM
# 2 = check ur mail box :D

hiddenboy
07-22-2016, 02:57 AM
Nothing there bud

dinkydi
07-22-2016, 03:14 AM
Currently have:
Blinder HP905
Stinger VIP (Rader only)
Beltronics STI
1. No i haven't received anything (Touch wood) secondly i try to do my best by behaving on the roads but there are moments where we all get carried away or miss a speed change. Mind you the Blinder has saved me on 3 separate occasions against the LTI trucam on VPN mode i think.
2. I sorta like to know where and when i get pinged or speed checked

So far been very happy with the Blinder HP 905, get enough warning against front facing poliscans and Trucam, but forget it when it comes to Rear shots

#--2 nothing in the post (mail) :)

hiddenboy
07-27-2016, 08:47 AM
#--2 nothing in the post (mail) :)

Haha i behave.

From the post thus far, ALP beside for laser and stinger vip for radar which can be annoying due to false alerts

rrdusr
07-27-2016, 05:10 PM
Reading it appears the wisdom is to use VIP with ALP? Will the VIP fibres be easier to conceal? rather than the apparently bigger ALP heads?

Any reason Stinger cannot update software to overcome limitations?

Newby so pardon the questions :-)

beingaware
07-27-2016, 11:44 PM
You should get blinder man, good pricing too!

rrdusr
07-28-2016, 12:04 AM
Is the blinder as effective as others? ALP/stinger etc?

curmudgeon
07-28-2016, 07:39 AM
Is the blinder as effective as others? ALP/stinger etc?

Not even close

RedRocket
07-28-2016, 08:36 AM
Is the blinder as effective as others? ALP/stinger etc?Doesn't matter if it's effective or not.
Obey the Law & you don't have to spend any money !

beingaware
07-28-2016, 06:37 PM
Doesn't matter if it's effective or not.
Obey the Law & you don't have to spend any money !

Pretty much

Every km over is a killer