PDA

View Full Version : New Kit enquiry: Stinger VIP & Laser

Hazey82
12-03-2015, 06:15 PM
Hi All, came over from RDF a while back but not been very active- cheers Dinky.

I currently have the STiR PLUS and LI fronts. I'm in NSW and next year will be getting my new BMW M3 and want to explore upgrading to the Stinger VIP only if its really worth it and there will be any extra benefit as its quite $$$$.

The things I dislike about my current setup is the amount of K band falses coming from other cars like new commodores and the Honda Oddessy and when GPS hasnt activated yet and I get all the falses leaving my home or office. I sometimes think about just turning K band off altogether given it doesnt pickup the mobile cameras with enough warning and there is enough warning with signs anyway. Thoughts??

I like the idea and look of the Stinger VIP, with its removable interface also the fact it is future proof?? If im to spend this money I really want to be getting a number of years out of it.

Im leaning toward Stinger laser as I want to avoid having a seperate control/interface to the radar. Will they come through or likely to fail me?

Also I am finding more and more HWP I pass are not shooting radar, even on the motorways. I see lots of them parked and I think they have been instructed to focus on scanning plates for expired rego or license.

Here are some images of the front and rear of the model car I will be getting. Appreciate help with palcement. I def want rear laser too as I feel exposed currently. How many send and recieve units do I need on front and rear?

Many thanks!

5016http://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/04/8f0f0082c91a40ff307f52c116470e5f.jpghttp://images.tapatalk-cdn.com/15/12/04/df96fd51f2e5f08694ad142190c678ee.jpg5015

cheers

dinkydi
12-04-2015, 02:58 PM
Hi Hazey welcome we have Overtaken in ur neck of the woods he may chime in about Stinger laser and rd, not familiar with NSW, the pik u posted is it from a USA BMW garage ?

Hazey82
12-04-2015, 03:45 PM
They are just from the Internet. Any suggestions on placement for stinger head and lasers

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dinkydi
12-04-2015, 03:59 PM
chek advice on placement

RedRocket
12-04-2015, 05:15 PM
They are just from the Internet. Any suggestions on placement for stinger head and lasersWhich versions do you plan on getting, MPHD & F/O ?

shanetrainST
12-05-2015, 07:40 AM
I could go on and on about how good the VIP is but here are the facts.
1. It will beat the STIR on redflex(mobile car) detection everytime and give more responce time
2. It will detect MRCT and unless you have the STIR-M your probably missing speed cameras
3. The laser side should be able to handle every gun in your state, but your LI's already do that (no need to update)
4. Placement of the patch is quite easy with the provided bracket.

OverTaken
12-06-2015, 08:15 PM
Where are you in NSW?

Hazey82
12-06-2015, 10:21 PM
Which versions do you plan on getting, MPHD & F/O ?

Just the single MPHD up front, Sorry I couldn't workout what you mean by F/O

Hazey82
12-06-2015, 10:23 PM
Where are you in NSW?

Sydney :thumbs2:

Hazey82
12-06-2015, 10:51 PM
I could go on and on about how good the VIP is but here are the facts.
1. It will beat the STIR on redflex(mobile car) detection everytime and give more responce time
2. It will detect MRCT and unless you have the STIR-M your probably missing speed cameras
3. The laser side should be able to handle every gun in your state, but your LI's already do that (no need to update)
4. Placement of the patch is quite easy with the provided bracket.

What is the deal with MRCD & CT in NSW? Do they setup multiple warning signs before like the Redflex? or do they not have to advertise. OverTaken Can you help?
Cheers

dinkydi
12-07-2015, 01:08 AM
dunno live in wrong state ,but Stinger will look after you np

Hazey82
12-07-2015, 02:06 AM
What's the deal with the stinger laser. How many send and receive units required for that car ? A send/receive in the center and same for the rear?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

dinkydi
12-07-2015, 02:47 AM
talk to Paul https://www.radars.com.au/contact.php

RedRocket
12-07-2015, 08:39 AM
Just the single MPHD up front, Sorry I couldn't workout what you mean by F/OF/O is the letter abbreviation for Fiber/Optic. Here in North America Stinger offers 2 versions for laser defense transmitters. The Standard full size "Lens" type of Transponders & the other type is a very small (tiny) F/O that can barely be seen w/o knowing what it looks like.

There are pictures of them here on the Forum if you do a search to find them. However, come to think of it, maybe that version isn't offered yet in Oz.

Hazey82 - for some pictures of F/O emitters:

1. Go to Section "TESTING RESULTS & PRODUCT REVIEWS"
2. Find Thread - "Radar Roy's Radar Detector and Laser Jammer Shootout 2015"

rrdusr
07-27-2016, 05:18 PM
Are the fibre optics offered in oz?

beingaware
07-27-2016, 10:35 PM
Are the fibre optics offered in oz?

If you have the cash. :)

rrdusr
07-28-2016, 12:03 AM