PDA

View Full Version : Waze falses driving me nuts

awj223
09-27-2015, 11:41 AM
Drove up and down I-280 yesterday and got about 5 "Police reported ahead" announcements. There was only a cop up the road 1 out of the 5 times. If there was a cop sitting somewhere and he moved down the road to nab someone, I'd expect to see a cop car down the road from where I got the alert with the disco lights on. I wonder how long Waze continues to alert to cops after they're marked...

jdong
09-27-2015, 03:34 PM
Waze reporters are idiots around our area. I can't remember the last time I had a useful Waze alert.

awj223
09-27-2015, 10:02 PM
Waze reporters are idiots around our area. I can't remember the last time I had a useful Waze alert.

There was also a legitimate LEO on the side of CA-85. He did have a customer with him, but some moron reported that as "vehicle stopped on shoulder" instead of as a LEO. :rolleyes:

jdong
09-27-2015, 10:04 PM
There was also a legitimate LEO on the side of CA-85. He did have a customer with him, but some moron reported that as "vehicle stopped on shoulder" instead of as a LEO. :rolleyes:

Not to mention a LEO with a customer is essentially never a threat here. I've never seen a CHP go from a stop to clocking / another stop immediately unlike other states. They seem to have spots they love to use and go back there after a stop.

Tman
09-27-2015, 10:07 PM
Surprisingly i very rarely get falses , even today the copwoman shooting Stalker was wazed.

awj223
09-28-2015, 10:41 AM
Not to mention a LEO with a customer is essentially never a threat here. I've never seen a CHP go from a stop to clocking / another stop immediately unlike other states. They seem to have spots they love to use and go back there after a stop.

Still better to mark it as a LEO, because where there's one LEO, there are often more, and where there was an LEO stopped with a customer, there is often the same LEO hiding about 10-15 minutes later, waiting for the next customer.

AirMoore
12-19-2015, 05:59 PM
I guess I'm just lucky - Waze doesn't bother me.

(Edit because the original post seemed a bit rude towards awj223 when it wasn't meant to be)

ptatohed
05-10-2017, 12:24 PM
Just started using Waze (yeah, I am late to the game). So far, I like it. It has given me several false positives (shows police reported but no police there) but it hasn't missed a genuine reporting yet.