PDA

View Full Version : NJ Lidar Testing Meet 8/16

Salty
07-22-2015, 10:50 AM
We will be holding our annual meet on the 16th of August. If you are interested in attending, please sign up here. Looking forward to seeing some old faces, and meeting new ones!

All lidar guns will be available for testing. Time and location will be sent out via pm the night before the meet. Please do your best to show up on time. If anyone has two way radios, please bring them as well. Bring a pair if you can so you can loan one to someone that does not have one. While it's not critical to have one, it does help speed things up when everyone is on board and aware of what's going on. When we are on our testing site, please do not play loud music, drive recklessly, or speed. There are local office buildings nearby with active security. Security has approached us in the past, and we have a good relationship with them. We'd like to keep it that way. Be respectful of the local traffic and of the property we will be on. Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Additional Info added 7/28
The meet with begin at 8AM sharp. We will meet at a local restaurant at 7:30. At 7:50, we will convoy to the meet location which is roughly 5 minutes away.
For those of you who can bring 2 way radios, can you post here and how many you will be bringing? If you plan on bringing an extra radio for another member to use, please place your name on a sticker and stick it to your radio. Thank you!

Additional Info added 7/30
Here is a list of gun that will be at the meet. (There will be more added to the list)
1.TSS
2. TS SX
3. TS LR
4. LRB
5. XLR's (2)
6. Compacts (2)
7. Full Size DragonEye (2)
8. Stalker LZ1
9. Stalker LR
Attending:
BRD
Salty (2 radios)
Andrew21
SunTzuAOW (2 radios)
modsl55amg
spankyaf
midd
TeamQuack
jk111
itwasntme
mikedotd (2 radios)
RedRocket (3 radios)
specifics
lenin
whatsup
Jibiki

Results Added:

modsl55amg
07-22-2015, 02:52 PM
Salty, Please include me as a definite attendee for the Sunday, August 16th, 2015 NJ LIDAR Test Meet.

As this will be the first LIDAR test session I have attended, do you have the appropriate info to notify
me by PM?

Thanks, I look forward to the test session, as well as meeting fellow members!

modsl55amg

spankyaf
07-22-2015, 03:54 PM
I'm in and may have to bring Mrs Spankyaf as she loves a big geekfest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dinkydi
07-22-2015, 03:56 PM
to far for us OZZies, look forward to testing results :D

Salty
07-22-2015, 04:05 PM
Salty, Please include me as a definite attendee for the Sunday, August 16th, 2015 NJ LIDAR Test Meet.

Please verify/confirm the test meet is for Sunday, August 16th, as you have the 18th in the first sentence of your post.

As this will be the first LIDAR test session I have attended, do you have the appropriate info to notify me by PM?

Thanks, I look forward to the test session, as well as meeting fellow members!

modsl55amg

Thank you for pointing that out. Yes, it's Sunday, the 16th of August. Looking forward to meeting you!

whats up
07-22-2015, 04:34 PM
Salty Im new here so where in NJ is it located. Would like to attend if not to far.
Thank You

Salty
07-22-2015, 04:41 PM
Salty Im new here so where in NJ is it located. Would like to attend if not to far.
Thank You

What system are you running?

whats up
07-22-2015, 04:44 PM
Im installing dual up front alp this weekend

Salty
07-22-2015, 04:46 PM
Im installing dual up front alp this weekend

Who did you purchase it from?

whats up
07-22-2015, 04:47 PM
Best Radar Detectors

TeamQuack
07-22-2015, 06:37 PM
sign me up please! looking forward to seeing some old faces :)

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

Salty
07-22-2015, 07:06 PM
Best Radar Detectors

I'll get back to you tomorrow.

jk111
07-22-2015, 08:17 PM
Please sign me up.

tawwwd
07-23-2015, 12:02 AM
I'd love to attend but I think 4500km each way is a little excessive...Ill pass on this one haha

itwasntme
07-23-2015, 07:27 AM
Please sign me up. Can't believe how the months have flown by since the last one. Looking forward to seeing everybody. I'll bring something lower and darker color than that reflective bohemuth I had last year. Interested to see how the ALP quad set up does with the VPR guns on my current ride vs the quint on the SUV. Have about 10,000 mi. on the front heads. The lenses are a bit hazed now but have saved me a couple of times. Still seem to be sensitive in terms of outer limits of detection and jam the Truspeed. Need the harsh truth of a RALETC acid test.:eek:

Salty
07-25-2015, 10:16 AM
BRD, can you confirm "whatsup" bought a unit from you?

whats up
07-25-2015, 12:19 PM
Salty will this help My order#A11072

Salty
07-25-2015, 01:42 PM
Salty will this help My order#A11072

The event will be in Burlington County. If you want to pm me with your location, I can tell you approximately how long it will take you to get there. (Sorry for the late response)

RedRocket
07-27-2015, 05:42 PM
I would like to attend & can bring 3 walkie-talkies.

midd
07-27-2015, 08:32 PM
I'm about an hour (maybe less) from the testing site.

Salty
07-28-2015, 11:21 AM
Update on first post added.

Qui-Gon
07-28-2015, 01:06 PM
Have fun everyone! One of these days I'll get officially RALETC approved...

curmudgeon
07-28-2015, 01:40 PM
One of these days I'll get officially RALETC approved...

After you serve up a smoked pork shoulder or beef brisket to the team :boink:

Qui-Gon
07-28-2015, 01:59 PM
After you serve up a smoked pork shoulder or beef brisket to the team :boink:
Funny, I'm doing a pork shoulder for a party on the 15th...wonder if they'll miss some?

curmudgeon
07-28-2015, 02:04 PM
Funny, I'm doing a pork shoulder for a party on the 15th...wonder if they'll miss some?

FedEx overnight? :roflmfao:

specifics
07-28-2015, 03:08 PM
I'm in.... 90% sure... that's if the boss gives me the day off from painting:-(

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Lenin
07-28-2015, 06:22 PM
Add me to the list.

Need info on the radios. I have a Motorola Talkabout two-way radio. Would that work? There are different radios that operate on different frequencies. Just want to make sure.

Salty
07-30-2015, 09:21 AM
Add me to the list.

Need info on the radios. I have a Motorola Talkabout two-way radio. Would that work? There are different radios that operate on different frequencies. Just want to make sure.

Yes. That should work. Thanks Lenin! I will add those to the OP.

Salty
07-30-2015, 09:24 AM
OP updated with lidar gun info. Keep in mind, more guns will be added to the mix.

RedRocket
07-30-2015, 09:39 AM
We should consider closing the list b/c of so many attending & a large arsenal of Lidars to cycle through.
Members need to bring fluids for themselves so we don't have any hydration problems, something for lunch also...it'll be straight out running- we won't have time for eating breaks.

Salty
07-30-2015, 11:00 AM
We should consider closing the list b/c of so many attending & a large arsenal of Lidars to cycle through.
Members need to bring fluids for themselves so we don't have any hydration problems, something for lunch also...it'll be straight out running- we won't have time for eating breaks.

We are going to list all the lidars that will be at the meet. However, you are right. We are not going to have time to test all of them. So we'll start with the most important ones for our areas, and work our way down. If we have time, we can test the rest of the gun.

BestRadarDetectors
07-30-2015, 11:07 AM
We are going to list all the lidars that will be at the meet. However, you are right. We are not going to have time to test all of them. So we'll start with the most important ones for our areas, and work our way down. If we have time, we can test the rest of the gun.
Would be nice to know what systems people are also coming down to be tested. If ALL ALP's then there is no need to test multiple Compacts or DragonEye's guns because if they can jam the harder ones than there is no need to test the easier ones and we can get more people tested. I dont expect to be able to do testing again soon with my schedule so if anyone is on the fence I would highly suggest making this meet.

RedRocket
07-30-2015, 02:08 PM
Would be nice to know what systems people are also coming down to be tested. If ALL ALP's then there is no need to test multiple Compacts or DragonEye's guns because if they can jam the harder ones than there is no need to test the easier ones and we can get more people tested.I've already composed the list & it looks like it's near 100 % AL-P so far.
jk111 - no Parking Sensors listed
Lenin - no Parking Sensors listed

modsl55amg - Quint
JoeBrunoDesign - Quad
itwasntme - Quad
ddlopresti - has cancelled

I also have the running order established by Date/Time sign-ups for the Meet.

I can be the caboose if Andrew21 wants his ride Tested w/ me as Pilot.

BestRadarDetectors
07-30-2015, 02:46 PM
I've already composed the list & it looks like it's near 100 % AL-P so far.

itwasntme - the only Quad
specifics - the only Triple

I can be the caboose if Andrew21 wants his ride Tested.

I thought you wanted to shoot Specifics...

Salty
07-30-2015, 03:34 PM

Awesome! Thanks RR!

RedRocket
07-30-2015, 06:21 PM
I thought you wanted to shoot Specifics...I only have 1 LE-10 notch on my Pistola- another who has been on my Hit List for take down was the 2nd Owner I knew of.
Guess his trip to Philly isn't happening, so I'm the Start Line S.o.B. :grumpy: :moody:

Lenin
07-30-2015, 06:25 PM

I have two ALP sensors in the front and two in the rear. I have a fifth sensor that I would want to try and fit in the best spot in the front using two sided tape for now.

RedRocket
07-30-2015, 06:31 PM
I have two ALP sensors in the front and two in the rear. I have a fifth sensor that I would want to try and fit in the best spot in the front using two sided tape for now.Make sure the 3rd (Front CM) Sensor is connected to the F2 port on the Control Box.

dinkydi
07-30-2015, 07:06 PM
will the stinger laser be @ the for testing

Holla
07-30-2015, 07:16 PM

That would be nice to have at the test, hopefully someone will be there!

modsl55amg
07-30-2015, 07:37 PM

Salty, I have been waiting and asking about a test meet for months. Always asking and checking for info on this forum. I don't know how many members "signed up" with you for the test meet prior to your OP, but I was the first to sign up on this forum. There was never a question asked about how many cars are coming, just who is coming. I have two (2) cars that I am bringing. Both have recently had ALP systems installed, one a Quint, one a Quad. I sure hope that there is not going to be a problem with me bringing my two (2) cars.

specifics
07-30-2015, 08:34 PM

I'm still running a dual setup

RedRocket
07-30-2015, 09:10 PM

That would be nice to have at the test, hopefully someone will be there!None signed-up so far !

Salty, I have been waiting and asking about a test meet for months. Always asking and checking for info on this forum. I don't know how many members "signed up" with you for the test meet prior to your OP, but I was the first to sign up on this forum. There was never a question asked about how many cars are coming, just who is coming. I have two (2) cars that I am bringing. Both have recently had ALP systems installed, one a Quint, one a Quad. I sure hope that there is not going to be a problem with me bringing my two (2) cars.So noted in Post #33.

jk111
08-04-2015, 06:30 PM
I've got triple ALP up front. Moved my heads around from last year's meet in hopes of fixing DALA gun PTs so I really only need to be tested with them. Other than that I'd be glad to help out in any other way.

spankyaf
08-04-2015, 08:04 PM
I've got triple ALP up front. Moved my heads around from last year's meet in hopes of fixing DALA gun PTs so I really only need to be tested with them. Other than that I'd be glad to help out in any other way.

Me too ... doubled up the front & back on the bike so I'm more interested in the specific problem guns

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

RedRocket
08-05-2015, 09:29 AM
Here's the starting order lineup for Testing runs:

*Front Only*
SunTzuAOW - ALP Dual
midd -ALP Dual
whatsup - ALP Dual
jk111 - ALP Triple
mikedotd - ALP Dual
specifics - ALP Dual

*Front+Rear*
TeamQuack - ALP Quad
spankyaf - ALP Quad
modsl55amg - ALP Quint
JoeBrunoDesign - ALP Quad
itwasntme - ALP Quad
Lenin - ALP Quad

Please set LID time to: - "Unlimited" for Testing !

*IMPORTANT* Rule:
AL Priority MUST BE ALWAYS OFF...& ONLY turned-ON just prior to entering Start Line !!!
When Test run is completed, turn Sensors off immediately !

BestRadarDetectors
08-05-2015, 09:45 AM
Here's the starting order lineup for Testing runs:

*Front Only*
SunTzuAOW - ALP Dual
midd -ALP Dual
whatsup - ALP Dual
jk111 - ALP Triple
mikedotd - ALP Dual
specifics - ALP Dual

*Front+Rear*
TeamQuack - ALP Quad
spankyaf - ALP Quad
modsl55amg - ALP Quint
JoeBrunoDesign - ALP Quad
itwasntme - ALP Quad
Lenin - ALP Quad

Please set LID time to: - "Unlimited" for Testing !

*IMPORTANT* Rule:
AL Priority MUST BE ALWAYS OFF...& ONLY turned-ON just prior to entering Start Line !!!
When Test run is completed, turn Sensors off immediately !

If everyone shows up that will be a full testing day. If anyone needs any parts please let me know so I can bring them with me.

Jibiki
08-05-2015, 01:33 PM
Jibiki here from NY. Please count me in for the testing date on 8/16. What time is the gathering? Thanks!

Salty
08-05-2015, 01:41 PM
Jibiki here from NY. Please count me in for the testing date on 8/16. What time is the gathering? Thanks!

What system are you running and where did you purchase it from?

Jibiki
08-05-2015, 01:45 PM
ALP Quad/Stir-Plus
Purchased from, & installed by Joe Bruno Designs

Salty
08-05-2015, 02:07 PM
ALP Quad/Stir-Plus
Purchased from, & installed by Joe Bruno Designs

Time of meet is in the OP.

RedRocket
08-06-2015, 05:34 AM
If anyone needs any parts please let me know so I can bring them with me.I would like you to bring:
Part Number: BelVisorClip - 2ea. (2pcs total)
Part Number: Bel-Suction-Cups - 2ea. (4pcs total)

Cash pymt for above. (total: $27.80USD)

modsl55amg
08-06-2015, 02:07 PM
Tom/BRD,

If you possibly have a couple of extra ALP supplied bubble sensors, would you please bring them. I'll pay cash. Thanks.

BestRadarDetectors
08-06-2015, 02:10 PM
Tom/BRD,

If you possibly have a couple of extra ALP supplied bubble sensors, would you please bring them. I'll pay cash. Thanks.

Don't have them but you can buy them on Amazon for around $4 shipped. They are packed with levels from the factory and I dont have extras. Sorry

BestRadarDetectors
08-06-2015, 02:12 PM
I would like you to bring:
Part Number: BelVisorClip - 2ea. (2pcs total)
Part Number: Bel-Suction-Cups - 2ea. (4pcs total)

Cash pymt for above. (total: $27.80USD)

Cash ONLY from you... No checks. Last check I got from you was in April 14 and its still sitting somewhere on my desk in a pile of old paperwork.

curmudgeon
08-06-2015, 02:35 PM
Cash ONLY from you... No checks. Last check I got from you was in April 14 and its still sitting somewhere on my desk in a pile of old paperwork.

Probably not negotiable any more

BestRadarDetectors
08-06-2015, 02:39 PM
Probably not negotiable any more

Yeah.. I am sure its not.. It was April 14th of 2014.

modsl55amg
08-06-2015, 02:51 PM
Don't have them but you can buy them on Amazon for around $4 shipped. They are packed with levels from the factory and I dont have extras. Sorry

No problem. I'll check on Amazon. Thanks for directing me there. See you on 8/16.

RedRocket
08-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Cash ONLY from you... No checks. Last check I got from you was in April 14 and its still sitting somewhere on my desk in a pile of old paperwork.Bring it w/ the parts above & I will pay in full w/ ca$h money !

BestRadarDetectors
08-06-2015, 03:15 PM
Bring it w/ the parts above & I will pay in full w/ ca$h money !

LOL.. After 14 months we will consider the original transaction complete and not worry about it.

RedRocket
08-06-2015, 03:23 PM
Yeah.. I am sure its not.. It was April 14th of 2014.hahaha...that's one hell of a memory for a "nifty" !
(the date made it easy to check bank records,tks)

p.s. - I'm honest & pay my debts.

Yellowcab
08-06-2015, 09:09 PM
I will be stopping by the meet in the early morning. I am bringing some LIDARs that I am selling

LTI Truspeed
LTI Truspeed S
LTI LRB
LTI Ultralyte 100 (100PPS)
LTI Ultralyte 100 LR (100PPS)
LTI Ultralyte 200 LR (125PPS)
Kustom Prolaser 3
Kustom Prolite +
Stalker LR
Stalker LZ1 a few of them. Early and later firmwares
DALAs

Cash only.
All sales final
No returns
No refunds

Try it before you buy it.

Also available:
For Stalker LZ1: 12V power cords, batteries and chargers
For Kustom PL3: batteries
Blinder m27, Blinder M47
Laser Interceptors

dinkydi
08-07-2015, 01:54 AM
wow YC long time no see

Salty
08-07-2015, 09:02 AM
I will be stopping by the meet in the early morning. I am bringing some LIDARs that I am selling

LTI Truspeed
LTI Truspeed S
LTI LRB
LTI Ultralyte 100 (100PPS)
LTI Ultralyte 100 LR (100PPS)
LTI Ultralyte 200 LR (125PPS)
Kustom Prolaser 3
Kustom Prolite +
Stalker LR
Stalker LZ1 a few of them. Early and later firmwares
DALAs

Cash only.
All sales final
No returns
No refunds

Try it before you buy it.

Also available:
For Stalker LZ1: 12V power cords, batteries and chargers
For Kustom PL3: batteries
Blinder m27, Blinder M47
Laser Interceptors

VERY happy that you'll be there YC!

Salty
08-12-2015, 02:28 PM
Only 4 days left. Addresses to locations will go out Sat evening.

itwasntme
08-15-2015, 06:30 AM
BRD, two (2) sets of suction cups for a Redline windshield mount, if it's not too late. Thanks.

mikedotd
08-15-2015, 02:21 PM
I just finished installing my rear ALP heads, looking forward to testing them tomorrow!

Mirage
08-16-2015, 06:38 AM
Where are the live results? Geez it's 6:38am and no results... man...

j/k

Radarrob
08-16-2015, 01:36 PM
PT tour? ��

BestRadarDetectors
08-16-2015, 03:31 PM
Where are the live results? Geez it's 6:38am and no results... man...

j/k
Dehydrated and driving home. It was hot as hell at 99 and sunny today.

whats up
08-16-2015, 04:58 PM
Just what to say a BIG THANKS to BRD- Radarrob - RedRocket for giving up there time today for testing our systems. A great day for all.

BestRadarDetectors
08-16-2015, 06:47 PM
Testing Results from Today:

mikedotd
08-16-2015, 06:56 PM
Just what to say a BIG THANKS to BRD- Radarrob - RedRocket for giving up there time today for testing our systems. A great day for all.

X2. Thanks for roasting in the sun so we could verify our setups.

dinkydi
08-16-2015, 06:56 PM
dragon looks very interesting in the results

BestRadarDetectors
08-16-2015, 07:02 PM
dragon looks very interesting in the results

Just shows how important a good install is. If you look at JK111 he is driving a White FULL Size Pickup and only got 2 PT's in the same spot going over a bump in the road.

This also needs to serve as a reminder:

With a DUAL Front Setup you must use the F1 & F2 ports for the front sensors
For a 3 Head System you must use F1, F2 & F3 and the F2 port needs to be the center head.

3 cars were IPT on all VPR guns because the wrong ports were being utilized (F1 & F3). For VPR protection you NEED 2 heads and both heads need to be in the F1 & F2 port. If using 3 heads the center head needs to be in the F2 port.

If you are not sure of your configuration please double check the install and make sure your wiring is correct.

dinkydi
08-16-2015, 07:12 PM
wow thats suprising, wrong ports being used, congrats to all great combined efforts,

modsl55amg
08-16-2015, 07:30 PM
I want to extend my sincere Thanks to Tom/BRD, RedRocket, Radarrob, and the other members who manned the equipment, transcribed the information for each run, and ran a very well organized meet earlier today! I also want to extend a sincere Thank You to the club members who manned the radios and kept everyone advised as to when they were to line up, start their individual runs, and who kept the pace of runs flowing. I met many friendly members at this meet, which was the first one for me. It was great to finally put faces to the forum members user names, as well as to learn the members actual names. It was also interesting to speak with various members about the specific installation of their equipment and components. There were a lot of friendly people assembled today, all with one goal in mind, and I look forward to the next meet, when I intend to provide help, as needed, to fellow members, just as they provided to and for me at today's meet. Again, Thanks to everyone who helped organize and run today's meet. I now look forward to reading the results of our runs, and see if any adjustments need to be made in order to have our systems operating at peak performance.

BestRadarDetectors
08-16-2015, 07:33 PM
I want to extend my sincere Thanks to Tom/BRD, RedRocket, Radarrob, and the other members who manned the equipment, transcribed the information for each run, and ran a very well organized meet earlier today! I also want to extend a sincere Thank You to the club members who manned the radios and kept everyone advised as to when they were to line up, start their individual runs, and who kept the pace of runs flowing. I met many friendly members at this meet, which was the first one for me. It was great to finally put faces to the forum members user names, as well as to learn the members actual names. It was also interesting to speak with various members about the specific installation of their equipment and components. There were a lot of friendly people assembled today, all with one goal in mind, and I look forward to the next meet, when I intend to provide help, as needed, to fellow members, just as they provided to and for me at today's meet. Again, Thanks to everyone who helped organize and run today's meet. I now look forward to reading the results of our runs, and see if any adjustments need to be made in order to have our systems operating at peak performance.

Glad you were able to come down and bring Joe Bruno with you. We posted results in Post # 1 and also in Post # 72

itwasntme
08-16-2015, 07:58 PM
Many thanks to BRD and RedRocket. Yes, it was hot. Especially when you guys thought all the runs had been completed and took the umbrella down. But no! You stuck around to honor special testing requests. That was generous and greatly appreciated by all. And Radarrob, who genuinely had a very full plate today made time to do some shooting right up to the last moment he was forced to leave. If your lucky enough to have Radarrob test your setup, it better be perfect if you expect JTG and even then...
My take away from today's event was that with the higher pulse rate guns, it only takes a second to exploit a weakness. That weakness could be less than perfect sensor placement, lack of level or, not being perfectly square. You could also have heads that are perfectly placed and aligned yet, have them dip below the horizontal plane by a few degrees while traveling over a road imperfection causing a PT. This is why it's critical to understand that less than perfect might have flown to some degree in the past with lower pulse rate non VPR guns but, those days are over. If a dip in the road can foil a near perfect set up (mine is not), imagine what it will do to a less than perfect one.

curmudgeon
08-16-2015, 08:05 PM
Glad you were able to come down and bring Joe Bruno with you. We posted results in Post # 1 and also in Post # 72

I'm very happy to see that JoeBruno (whose work is beautiful) made it to the meet. One can never learn too much in the pursuit of perfection.

modsl55amg
08-16-2015, 08:11 PM

Tom/BRD, Thank you for the extremely quick posting of today's test results. I am sure both Joe and I learned a lot from today's activity. I am sure the knowledge and experience today will help Joe (Joe Bruno Designs) provide excellent installation services of ALP systems to his customers and forum members.

Tom, would you happen to know the approximate distance from the finish line/equipment to the starting line where cars entered the street from the parking lot?

Also, regarding the test results, would you know which of my autos ( SL55 AMG or E55 AMG) was the modsl55amg #1 and which was the modsl55amg#2?
This information will be vital in determining how or what must be adjusted on one auto or the other. I seem to think, from my informal notes, that the SL55 was the modsl55amg#1, and that the E55 was the modsl55amg#2.

Finally, if modsl55amg#1 was the SL55 AMG, there were two runs where the Dragon Eye Lidar and the Dragon Eye Compact obtained PHL PTs at over 1,500 feet, which is slightly more than 1/4 mile from the finish line. The SL55 has dual ALPs in the front grill, at the same level as the headlights. Without seeing the car as you answer this (although there are pictures of the car in the Show Your Install Thread), would you feel that the ALP sensor, on the passenger side of the front grill, be adjusted/angled ever so slightly toward the driver's side, in order to possibly avoid the PT at over 1,500 feet. Or do you think I should wait for the front/center ALP sensor to become available, and have it installed to possibly avoid the PHL PT? Of course, no matter which action I may take, testing will either prove or disprove the action taken was actually accurate in avoiding a Dragon Eye PT. Thanks in advance for your advice, when you have the time.

BestRadarDetectors
08-16-2015, 08:30 PM
Tom/BRD, Thank you for the extremely quick posting of today's test results. I am sure both Joe and I learned a lot from today's activity. I am sure the knowledge and experience today will help Joe (Joe Bruno Designs) provide excellent installation services of ALP systems to his customers and forum members.

Tom, would you happen to know the approximate distance from the finish line/equipment to the starting line where cars entered the street from the parking lot?

Also, regarding the test results, would you know which of my autos ( SL55 AMG or E55 AMG) was the modsl55amg #1 and which was the modsl55amg#2?
This information will be vital in determining how or what must be adjusted on one auto or the other. I seem to think, from my informal notes, that the SL55 was the modsl55amg#1, and that the E55 was the modsl55amg#2.

Finally, if modsl55amg#1 was the SL55 AMG, there were two runs where the Dragon Eye Lidar and the Dragon Eye Compact obtained PHL PTs at over 1,500 feet, which is slightly more than 1/4 mile from the finish line. The SL55 has dual ALPs in the front grill, at the same level as the headlights. Without seeing the car as you answer this (although there are pictures of the car in the Show Your Install Thread), would you feel that the ALP sensor, on the passenger side of the front grill, be adjusted/angled ever so slightly toward the driver's side, in order to possibly avoid the PT at over 1,500 feet. Or do you think I should wait for the front/center ALP sensor to become available, and have it installed to possibly avoid the PHL PT? Of course, no matter which action I may take, testing will either prove or disprove the action taken was actually accurate in avoiding a Dragon Eye PT. Thanks in advance for your advice, when you have the time.

I can spend sometime with you going over the systems in the next few days but I am swamped with catching up and getting weekend orders processed to get them out tomorrow so I cant do it now. Joe was driving the #2 from our notes so that should answer which vehicle was which. Course was around 1700ft.

modsl55amg
08-16-2015, 09:21 PM
I can spend sometime with you going over the systems in the next few days but I am swamped with catching up and getting weekend orders processed to get them out tomorrow so I cant do it now. Joe was driving the #2 from our notes so that should answer which vehicle was which. Course was around 1700ft.

OK, Thanks for now TOM. I'll contact you later in the week to see if/when I may have a couple of minutes of your valuable time, and see if you can possibly help.

midd
08-16-2015, 10:30 PM
Had a good time today. Nice to put faces to forum names. Thanks to everyone who made it out!

TeamQuack
08-16-2015, 10:52 PM
i just woke up from a long nap after todays meet and i wanted to give special thanks to BRD, RedRocket, and RadarRob for taking their time to test the members. Also it was great to see some old faces and meet some new ones too. There were some really nice cars today and a whole variety of setups so it was very interesting to test. Thanks again to everyone that participated and made it for a fun day!

Sent from my iPhone 6+ using Tapatalk

SunTzuAOW
08-17-2015, 07:17 AM
Just wanted to say thank you guys. Its my second meet and first test. Next time I'll bring the strippers, and hopefully keep RadarRob around all day. ;-)

Lenin
08-17-2015, 07:34 AM
I also want to add my voice to the many "thank you" comments here. Thank you Tom/BRD, RedRocket, Radarrob and everyone lese that was helping out with the coordination of this event. Was nice meeting everyone.
I have some more work to do on the wagon and am sure will do better the next time around.

Salty
08-17-2015, 08:55 AM
Thanks Tom and Rocket for stepping up. I'm sorry I had to bail at the last minutes guys. We got word late Saturday afternoon that my wife's grandfather had passed away. She was really upset and asked me to stay home to watch our son as she paid her respects to her grandfather one last time before he was taken away. They also had family things that they needed to get sorted out. Once again, I apologize, but it was out of my control.

whats up
08-17-2015, 01:12 PM
I have one question about yesterday's results. Because i had sensors in the wrong ports 1-3 does that make the sensor in port 3 not work at all . And if It was set up right would the result be that much different.
Thank You

BestRadarDetectors
08-17-2015, 02:23 PM
I have one question about yesterday's results. Because i had sensors in the wrong ports 1-3 does that make the sensor in port 3 not work at all . And if It was set up right would the result be that much different.
Thank You

The sensors in the wrong ports only affect VPR Guns as is evident in the IPT's you received against the Dragon Guns. The sensors would work normally against standard guns in the wrong ports as long as you are not mixing front and rear ports.

spankyaf
08-17-2015, 04:04 PM
Just rolled in guys .... no flat on the freeway this time so a minimum of drama coming home aside from the dehydration. I also want to thank RedRocket BRD and RadarRob for setting this up and their continued support of the ECM community.

Enjoyed see old faces and meeting some new ones. This is one event that is definitely worth the time effort to attend.

Spankaf & Mrs Spankyaf

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

jk111
08-17-2015, 04:54 PM
Wanted to give a huge thanks to Radarrob, BestRadarDetectors, and RedRocket for their time and effort yesterday. It's also not easy sitting in the sun all day in the 99 degree heat.

It was great to meet some new people and to catch up with those who also attended last year. I'm looking forward to helping out with more testing in the future.

Tman
08-17-2015, 07:24 PM
Concerning this meet i heard of a report stating that your group could be the source of increased infrared radiation sensed by NOAA satellites in your area !

Laser Lightly has to become your slogan :roflmfao:

Radarrob
08-17-2015, 09:49 PM
Concerning this meet i heard of a report stating that your group could be the source of increased infrared radiation sensed by NOAA satellites in your area !

Laser Lightly has to become your slogan :roflmfao:I was undetected by the Rays of the sun.

RedRocket
08-18-2015, 10:04 AM
I feel guilty about not being able to fully Test the Rear installs of the 6 who attended the Meet. Weather conditions were just unbearable for me & I just had no energy left from baking in the Sun all day. Once the weather cools & before Winter arrives perhaps if skeds of all 6 permit another session could be held to focus exclusively on the Rear locations & finish the job completely.

I'm open to doing so if the interest is there.

spankyaf
08-18-2015, 10:50 AM
I was undetected by the Rays of the sun.

Strangely my eye sight seems different today ... B@stards!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jk111
08-18-2015, 12:35 PM
I feel guilty about not being able to fully Test the Rear installs of the 6 who attended the Meet. Weather conditions were just unbearable for me & I just had no energy left from baking in the Sun all day. Once the weather cools & before Winter arrives perhaps if skeds of all 6 permit another session could be held to focus exclusively on the Rear locations & finish the job completely.

I'd be glad to assist if needed.

Radarrob
08-18-2015, 02:01 PM

I'm open to doing so if the interest is there.Lets make this happen.

modsl55amg
08-18-2015, 02:51 PM

If another test meet is held in order to complete the items not performed on 8/16, I WILL definitely attend, wherever and whenever it is held. Just keep me informed, please.

RedRocket, Thank You again for your work on an almost unbearably hot day. I want you to know I sincerely appreciate your help, as well as the other members at the "Finish Line" table, in order to "Shake Down" our systems.

A Question, please....at the end of a run, when you gave a "Thumbs Up", did that mean JTG?, or did it mean the car/system did well?, or did it mean that useable information (good or bad) was obtained during the run? I am just interested to know, separate from the actual test results as printed earlier in this thread.

Again, Thank You very much.

BestRadarDetectors
08-18-2015, 03:20 PM
If another test meet is held in order to complete the items not performed on 8/16, I WILL definitely attend, wherever and whenever it is held. Just keep me informed, please.

RedRocket, Thank You again for your work on an almost unbearably hot day. I want you to know I sincerely appreciate your help, as well as the other members at the "Finish Line" table, in order to "Shake Down" our systems.

A Question, please....at the end of a run, when you gave a "Thumbs Up", did that mean JTG?, or did it mean the car/system did well?, or did it mean that useable information (good or bad) was obtained during the run? I am just interested to know, separate from the actual test results as printed earlier in this thread.

Again, Thank You very much.

LOL.. RedRocket only gives the Thumbs Up if you JTG on the run, If he got a reading you would have noticed the Thumbs Down.

modsl55amg
08-18-2015, 04:25 PM
LOL.. RedRocket only gives the Thumbs Up if you JTG on the run, If he got a reading you would have noticed the Thumbs Down.

OK, Thanks Tom. Now I am more confused than ever. I may have to communicate further with you off-line about this, but I will provide a few thoughts here.

I drove my SL55. After every run I wrote down on a pad as to what equipment was used on that particular run, as informed by my system's voice. Every run, except two, were "Thumbs Up". I can't recall if RedRocket was the only person giving the "Thumbs Up" to me, or if someone else may have filled in for some runs. On the two runs I did not get a "Thumbs Up", I received no sign, as after one run RedRocket was retrieving the umbrella that had blown down (this run was against a Stalker), and after the other run RedRocket was walking from his car to the table (this run was against a Truespeed).

Yet, according to the test results, if my SL55 was, indeed, the "modsl55amg #1" per the test results, the SL55 had a PHL PT at 1545 feet versus a DE on one run, and had a PHL PT at 1582 feet versus a DE Compact on another run. I should have/would have received a "Thumbs Down" after each of those two runs. But I did not receive a "Thumbs Down" after any of my runs. All other runs against the DE and the DE Compact, as well as against all of the other equipment were JTG. According to my notes, I received a "Thumbs Up" after each run against the DE and the DE Compact.

I also wonder if there may have been any confusion between the start line member with a radio and the finish line table. Joe Bruno drove my other car, an E55 ("modsl55amg #2" per the test results ?). He always ran immediately in front of me. He did say that he received a couple of "Thumbs Down" sometime after the initial runs. The DE equipment was used after approximately the first three or four runs. So, I do not know if any results, or all results, were possibly written down for the incorrect car.

So, overall, I am very pleased with the results, except for the two runs I just mentioned. I do not know, without a doubt, if I need to perform adjustments on the sensor near the SL55's PHL. I know I will test that car again, as soon as possible, in order to see if the sensor near the SL55's PHL needs to be adjusted in some way, or if the sensor is OK as is.

Any thoughts or advice would be sincerely appreciated.

BestRadarDetectors
08-18-2015, 04:37 PM
OK, Thanks Tom. Now I am more confused than ever. I may have to communicate further with you off-line about this, but I will provide a few thoughts here.

I drove my SL55. After every run I wrote down on a pad as to what equipment was used on that particular run, as informed by my system's voice. Every run, except two, were "Thumbs Up". I can't recall if RedRocket was the only person giving the "Thumbs Up" to me, or if someone else may have filled in for some runs. On the two runs I did not get a "Thumbs Up", I received no sign, as after one run RedRocket was retrieving the umbrella that had blown down (this run was against a Stalker), and after the other run RedRocket was walking from his car to the table (this run was against a Truespeed).

Yet, according to the test results, if my SL55 was, indeed, the "modsl55amg #1", the SL55 had a PHL PT at 1545 feet versus a DE on one run, and had a PHL PT at 1582 feet versus a DE Compact on another run. I should have/would have received a "Thumbs Down" after each of those two runs. But I did not receive a "Thumbs Down" after any of my runs. All other runs against the DE and the DE Compact, as well as against all of the other equipment were JTG. According to my notes, I received a "Thumbs Up" after each run against the DE and the DE Compact.

So, overall, I am very pleased with the results, except for the two runs I just mentioned. I do not know, without a doubt, if I need to perform adjustments on the sensor near the PHL. I know I will test that car again, as soon s possible, in order to see if the sensor near the PHL needs to be adjusted in some way, or if the sensor is OK as is.

Any thoughts or advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Unfortunately I did not shoot those Compact Runs (RadarRob shot them) so I really do not have any details to explain RedRockets Thumbs on those runs or the conditions which led to those 2 individual runs. Sorry

RedRocket
08-19-2015, 11:18 AM
I'd be glad to assist if needed.Appreciate the offer & your help for the follow-up Test will be accepted if your sked permits attending.

A Question, please....at the end of a run, when you gave a "Thumbs Up", did that mean JTG?, or did it mean the car/system did well?, or did it mean that useable information (good or bad) was obtained during the run? I am just interested to know, separate from the actual test results as printed earlier in this thread.Generally the "Thumbs-Up" was for a successful run w/o P/Ts. A P/T below ~150ft I do not consider a problem b/c the Shooters location off-axis is very close to outside the normal Sensor divergence pattern at such close range. I too believe there was some confusion both at the Start Line "walkie" call-out names & at the recording Table regarding Driver name v. vehicle being driven.

I'm recommending another Meet for the 6 cars w/ Rear installs we couldn't finish. Whichever date below can allow for the most to attend will be the choice. For "modsl55amg" & possibly Joe Bruno if available, I'm willing to repeat Testing of the Front installs. I also suggest you make NO CHANGES to your installs for now !

Re-Test date Options:
Sept. 13th or Sept. 20th

LMK.

jbeinhor
08-19-2015, 01:00 PM
Wow, looking over the results, it really shows that you need to have your system tested to make sure it was set up right, especially the ports! And when it's all set right, wow!

modsl55amg
08-19-2015, 01:50 PM
Appreciate the offer & your help for the follow-up Test will be accepted if your sked permits attending.

Generally the "Thumbs-Up" was for a successful run w/o P/Ts. A P/T below ~150ft I do not consider a problem b/c the Shooters location off-axis is very close to outside the normal Sensor divergence pattern at such close range. I too believe there was some confusion both at the Start Line "walkie" call-out names & at the recording Table regarding Driver name v. vehicle being driven.

I'm recommending another Meet for the 6 cars w/ Rear installs we couldn't finish. Whichever date below can allow for the most to attend will be the choice. For "modsl55amg" & possibly Joe Bruno if available, I'm willing to repeat Testing of the Front installs. I also suggest you make NO CHANGES to your installs for now !

Re-Test date Options:
Sept. 13th or Sept. 20th

LMK.

Hello RedRocket,

Thank you very much for your reply as well as your explanation regarding what the "Thumbs Up" indicated after each run. I definitely would like to attend a special Test Meet not only for the Rear Installs, but also to confirm/verify that the Front Install of at least one of my cars either Can or Cannot successfully defend against the DALA units. Both of my cars performed extremely well against all of the non-DALA units used during the 8/16 Test Meet. The only concern is one car (modsl55amg#1) had PHL PTs in the 1500 ft. range against the two DALA units. But the same car was JTG against the two DALA units for CM and DHL. The other car (modsl55amg#2) performed well against the DALA compact, but had PTs in the 600 ft. range for the PHL and DHL against the regular DALA.

I am not sure which car was #1, and which car was #2, during the test meet. Tom has indicated (from my memory) that #1 was the SL55, and #2 was the E55. But, I cannot be sure that the test results may have been inadvertently transposed, or even that runs for one car may have been written down for the other car. So, I just need to have confirmation of each car's performances against the DALA units, in order to see if any adjustments must be performed. I will not perform any adjustments until after the special Test Meet which we will, hopefully, be able to hold.

So, I would be extremely pleased if I could perform some frontal runs against the DALA units. Frontal runs against other units are not necessary.

I am available for further testing on Sept. 13 and Sept. 20. Just advise when and where and I will confirm with you, and be there, for the test.

I doubt that Joe Bruno will be able to attend on either date, so unless I can obtain another driver, I will only be bringing one car to the test. I will then take my other car to the next regular test meet that we have in order to confirm/verify its performance against DALA units.

I would be very willing to pay for your time, expenses, etc. regarding a special Test Meet, whether it take place in your vicinity or some other location.

Please keep in touch regarding the date, time, and location of the special Test Meet.

RedRocket, I sincerely Thank You, again, for your valuable time and expertise as we "Shakedown" the systems on my car(s).

Radarrob
08-20-2015, 05:07 PM
Sept 13th I'm open to finish up the rear heads. Everyone try to attend this meet as this will probably be the last meet of the summer.

specifics
08-20-2015, 05:12 PM
Sept 13th I'm open to finish up the rear heads. Everyone try to attend this meet as this will probably be the last meet of the summer.
Same place.... sorry I missed last Sunday. ... we're in the process of moving the office and clinic into a new building and driving up on a Sunday afternoon was not possible given traffic and getting up again the next AM early.

Radarrob
08-20-2015, 05:28 PM
Same place.... sorry I missed last Sunday. ... we're in the process of moving the office and clinic into a new building and driving up on a Sunday afternoon was not possible given traffic and getting up again the next AM early.

Sent from my SM-G900V using TapatalkSame place.

modsl55amg
08-20-2015, 11:13 PM

RadarRob, I can and will make it Sept 13. in order to finish the rear heads, at the same location as on 8/16, if that is what is finally decided.

Will someone (you or RedRocket, or both?) possibly be there with DALA equipment, in order to perform a retest of the front of at least one of my cars, due to the possible confusion of data entries between my two cars on the 8/16 test meet?

Thanks!

RedRocket
08-21-2015, 06:30 AM
Will someone (you or RedRocket, or both?) possibly be there with DALA equipment, in order to perform a retest of the front of at least one of my cars, due to the possible confusion of data entries between my two cars on the 8/16 test meet?Yes- provided 5-6 of the members needing completion return for such.

jk111
08-22-2015, 12:28 AM
Hello RedRocket,

Thank you very much for your reply as well as your explanation regarding what the "Thumbs Up" indicated after each run. I definitely would like to attend a special Test Meet not only for the Rear Installs, but also to confirm/verify that the Front Install of at least one of my cars either Can or Cannot successfully defend against the DALA units. Both of my cars performed extremely well against all of the non-DALA units used during the 8/16 Test Meet. The only concern is one car (modsl55amg#1) had PHL PTs in the 1500 ft. range against the two DALA units. But the same car was JTG against the two DALA units for CM and DHL. The other car (modsl55amg#2) performed well against the DALA compact, but had PTs in the 600 ft. range for the PHL and DHL against the regular DALA.

I am not sure which car was #1, and which car was #2, during the test meet. Tom has indicated (from my memory) that #1 was the SL55, and #2 was the E55. But, I cannot be sure that the test results may have been inadvertently transposed, or even that runs for one car may have been written down for the other car. So, I just need to have confirmation of each car's performances against the DALA units, in order to see if any adjustments must be performed. I will not perform any adjustments until after the special Test Meet which we will, hopefully, be able to hold.

So, I would be extremely pleased if I could perform some frontal runs against the DALA units. Frontal runs against other units are not necessary.

I am available for further testing on Sept. 13 and Sept. 20. Just advise when and where and I will confirm with you, and be there, for the test.

I doubt that Joe Bruno will be able to attend on either date, so unless I can obtain another driver, I will only be bringing one car to the test. I will then take my other car to the next regular test meet that we have in order to confirm/verify its performance against DALA units.

I would be very willing to pay for your time, expenses, etc. regarding a special Test Meet, whether it take place in your vicinity or some other location.

Please keep in touch regarding the date, time, and location of the special Test Meet.

RedRocket, I sincerely Thank You, again, for your valuable time and expertise as we "Shakedown" the systems on my car(s).

I thought your other car was marked as "Joe Bruno" on the sheet. It was when I was doing the recording.. am I missing something?

modsl55amg
08-22-2015, 02:24 AM
I thought your other car was marked as "Joe Bruno" on the sheet. It was when I was doing the recording.. am I missing something?
jk111....I don't know....maybe......maybe not. I am positive there was confusion at times at the start line, I heard it with my own ears. Yes, Joe Bruno drove my E55. I made ALL of the runs driving my SL55 AMG, and after each run, except for two runs (I kept notes of each run on a notepad in my car, immediately after each run), I received a "Thumbs Up", which, supposedly, meant (per Tom and RedRocket) that run was either JTG or the PT was so close to the gun that it did not matter. On the two runs I did not receive a "Thumbs Up", RedRocket was retrieving the umbrella or walking back from his car. The two runs I did not receive a "Thumbs Up" were not for DALA guns. They were for the Stalker XLR and the Truespeed, per the voice announcement of my system. RedRocket also felt that there may possibly have been confusion(?) or a transposition(?) of one car's runs with my other car's runs. I am not upset about this situation, I am not pointing a finger at anyone, I just want to be absolutely, positively, without a doubt, sure about the run results for each car, so that, if necessary, I can make the required adjustments to the specific sensor(s) that need adjustment.

So, in conclusion regarding my SL55 that I was driving: I received only "Thumbs Up" for ALL the DALA runs. Yet, the test result data indicates that the SL55's PHL had a PT at 1545 feet against the Dragon Eye LIDAR gun, and a PHL PT at 1582 against the Dragon Eye Compact. These are both massive PTs. All other runs against the DALA units (CM and DHL), as well as all other units (PHL, CM, DHL) were JTG. If the course was approximately 1700 feet long, the PTs occurred at just about where the return street intersected with the street course. Did a returning car that had not turned off its system somehow cause a problem? Where the test results entered for the wrong car? The situation just leaves me with numerous questions in my mind. So, I will just retest.

Now, I ask you, seriously, if you had that happen to you, in your car, would you feel that there may be something wrong somewhere?

JK111, as I wrote my reply, I kept going back to your question, and I remembered something I was wondering about after seeing the printed test data. You are correct that Joe Bruno drove one of my cars, as I stated, my E55. Now go back and look at the printed test data and find either Joe Bruno, or E55. Tom informed me, if I remember correctly, that the test results data for modsl55amg#2 is the E55 per written notes on the test sheets. But, Joe Bruno drove my E55 just prior to me driving my SL55 during the test. So, maybe modsl55amg#1 may be the E55, and modsl55amg#2 may be the SL55. Maybe, maybe, maybe. There are just too many questions and doubts in my mind...so...I will just test again...one car, at one meet, at a time. No problem, better safe than sorry. So that some day when I meet up with a DALA unit, I will know with confidence that I will not be having a discussion with an LEO alongside the road.

Radarrob
08-22-2015, 04:59 AM
Just a FYI the dragon/compact/ally is not used in NJ at all.

modsl55amg
08-22-2015, 03:05 PM

Hi RadarRob,

Thanks for the confirmation that the DALA units are not used in N.J. I was aware of that. But, who knows when the Polizei state of N.J. will start utilizing DALA units? Also, from spring to fall I drive through Delaware, into Maryland, numerous times. It has been reported, even by RedRocket, that DALA units have been reportedly used in Maryland. And, who knows where I am wish to drive in the future? A trip to Florida via car...through Georgia....and other states which may utilize DALA units. It is better to have "protection" and not need it, than to need "protection" and not have it.

Even if I never left N.J., I have purchased the Best of the Best, the Top of the Line, the King of the Road, and I want my systems to operate at the peak of their designed level. Otherwise I would have/could have purchased a cheaper and inferior system for my cars. (No, I really would not have done that).

As Gottlieb Daimler said, "The Best or nothing at all" also translated as "Nothing but the Best"!

I'll see you and talk further with you at the 9/13 test meet.

jk111
09-11-2015, 12:17 AM
Is the meeting on the 13th still happening? Trying to decide if I'm going to make the trip or not.

Radarrob
09-11-2015, 06:19 AM
Is the meeting on the 13th still happening? Trying to decide if I'm going to make the trip or not.Still on.

jk111
09-12-2015, 08:44 PM
Still on.

Alright, I'm not going to be able to make it. Have fun with the testing!

midd
09-13-2015, 05:28 PM
I could have sworn someone posted a pic of a NJ municipal Leo with a Dragon. It was in North Jersey. I want to say Ewing or Rahway. I'll look for the post.