PDA

View Full Version : Define LID SPEED limit & Define PDC SPEED limit settings?

ckaos1
01-13-2015, 01:29 PM
Hey Everyone with Alp's GPS. Just wondering what preferene everyone speed is set to? I prefer 6mph PDC & 12 mph.

dinkydi
01-13-2015, 02:46 PM
what ever ur preference u like, so peoples will vary

ckaos1
01-13-2015, 07:44 PM
Thanks

awj223
01-19-2015, 12:30 PM
You know, I just realized that another use for the ALP's GPS module could be to show an officer that you just have a detector but not a jammer. You could switch on the ALP, and invite the officer to shoot his gun at your car (while it's parked on the side of the road of course). Assuming you set a LID speed that's > 0, it'll just detect but won't jam, and you'd have "proven" that you aren't using a jammer, even if you lose your parking mode only USB key.

ckaos1
01-19-2015, 05:38 PM
Great info! Thank you. I was driving around today and left LID speed to 12. Works great LID is disabled while stopped. I did lose GPS signal a lot though. I installed GPS inside radio console. I wanted a clean install but guess not the best idea.

FJR1300
01-19-2015, 06:31 PM
Does the speed limit function work with android connect since it is using the phone's gps?

BestRadarDetectors
01-19-2015, 06:42 PM
Great info! Thank you. I was driving around today and left LID speed to 12. Works great LID is disabled while stopped. I did lose GPS signal a lot though. I installed GPS inside radio console. I wanted a clean install but guess not the best idea.

Put the GPS on top of the dash or put it under one of the thin plastic dash panels. If you mounted it in your dash your signal will definitely be compromised.

BestRadarDetectors
01-19-2015, 06:43 PM
Does the speed limit function work with android connect since it is using the phone's gps?

No, For GPS Features you need a GPS antenna connected directly to the ALP.

awj223
01-20-2015, 01:03 PM

What mode is it in when the car is stopped? Does it even detect LIDAR, or does it just do parking mode?

ckaos1
01-20-2015, 01:39 PM
Just on parking mode while car is stopped. Green LED's light up. I tested my remote laster tester and doesn't respond.. Works great. While parked in garage i do lose my gps and goes straight to arm mode.