PDA

View Full Version : New Member, New Car, New System

Tanin
01-09-2015, 08:23 PM
Picked up my first radar detector back in the late ‘80’s. Since then as detector technology and my spending budget improved I upgraded within those parameters. I hardwired my last few vehicles with windshield mounted detectors but when I order my current car (’15 F10 M5) I made the decision to invest in a complete system that would allow me to enjoy the car with less restriction.
After visiting a handful of local shops and unhappy with their recommendations I began my internet quest and was fortunate to be sent a link to this site from a member on another car forum. Numerous hours( page after page of threads), a handful of PM’s and some extremely helpful answers from Tom at BRD, I found my next setup.
Fed EX dropped off the last piece today and Monday morning I’m having everything installed. I've got detailed pics and ideas for placement and can’t wait. I’ll post pics next week when completed and will then be looking for placement critique and ideas where I can test the system.

This is what's being installed:

*Bel STi-R +
*AL Priority Quad
*Hi-Fi Module
*Bluetooth w/ AB Switch
*Radar-Mirror installed Bel display and the tethered LED for the ALP in the mirror

hussein
01-09-2015, 08:34 PM
Welcome. Excellent choices. Where are you located?

IIRC, I was at a meet where a BMW didn't have adequate front coverage with 2 heads. Could someone please confirm or deny this?

dinkydi
01-09-2015, 08:45 PM
Welcome aboard, i think when the list gets installed top of the tree :D

curmudgeon
01-09-2015, 09:05 PM
Welcome. Glad you found us and BRD. Great choice of equipment.

RedRocket
01-09-2015, 09:32 PM
Glad ya' found us & Thanks for joining,Tanin- Welcome to RALF.
Looks like an A+ on that homework assignment you did. :thumb:

Yellowcab
01-09-2015, 09:46 PM
Welcome to the forum. Feel free to ask questions and participate in the discussions.

Vortex
01-09-2015, 10:38 PM
Wow, great car (one of my absolute favorites) and countermeasures (same thing!)

You're in for a quality driving experience for sure. ;)

Tanin
01-09-2015, 11:38 PM
I have to say I've been involved with online forums since 2001 and I have yet to introduce myself to a new forum and get such a quick and welcoming response from members.

Thanks for the open door.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tanin
01-09-2015, 11:48 PM
Welcome. Excellent choices. Where are you located?

IIRC, I was at a meet where a BMW didn't have adequate front coverage with 2 heads. Could someone please confirm or deny this?

I'm located in Southern Calif. (Ventura County).

I'm definitely not qualified to answer emphatically. However, I can't imagine 2 heads isn't adequate for the F10 and interested to hear the answer.

FJR1300
01-10-2015, 12:03 AM
This should be yet another stellar alp install, looking forward to seeing the finished product.

Yellowcab
01-10-2015, 01:43 PM
I'm located in Southern Calif. (Ventura County).

I'm definitely not qualified to answer emphatically. However, I can't imagine 2 heads isn't adequate for the F10 and interested to hear the answer.

Two heads are enough

Qui-Gon
01-11-2015, 07:57 AM
Welcome to our most excellent forum!

Nicholat
01-11-2015, 08:36 AM
Welcome, Most people get tested with 2 head and if results are not good an addition head can be added. Head placement and position is most important. Head must not be recess, level and square with car.

dukes
01-11-2015, 09:51 AM
Welcome!! Excellent setup you have chosen! Two heads is enough for sure! These ALP heads are top notch! As long as your straight and level, ALP has got you covered! :thumb: