PDA

View Full Version : ALP GPS module

indytoatl
12-28-2014, 07:58 PM
Does anyone know if the orientation matters with this unit? I can't find a place on the dashboard to place the GPS so I wanted to mount it on the inside windshield but that
would mean the GPS logo would be facing the passenger. Would that still work pretty good?

BestRadarDetectors
12-28-2014, 08:00 PM
Does anyone know if the orientation matters with this unit? I can't find a place on the dashboard to place the GPS so I wanted to mount it on the inside windshield but that
would mean the GPS logo would be facing the passenger. Would that still work pretty good?

Never tested it upside down before but I would guess the signal would be reduced if you mount it upside down. Just sit it on the top of the dash near the windshield.

indytoatl
12-28-2014, 08:09 PM
Never tested it upside down before but I would guess the signal would be reduced if you mount it upside down. Just sit it on the top of the dash near the windshield.

Okay, thanks! I will try different locations and post the results.

HOiYA
12-30-2014, 11:45 AM
I have mine mounted on the window upside down. Orientation doesn't seem to matter. Reason I have it up there is because I have thermal and noise insulated glass and the cutouts to allow a strong signal is located up by the rear view mirror. I had it in the dash before and signal was bad.