PDA

View Full Version : HiFi installed

GA Speed
12-28-2014, 12:12 PM
I got the new HiFi modules install on both systems and I'm happy with the the build quality and the speaker volume.

I had no issues installing the firmware files and voice packs I just let it do the updates while I was doing the detrim and rebuild.

I made a video so you can hear the systems. Using a real lidar gun.

I have the speaker for the front under the center console (female) and the rear is mounted on the top of the rear hatch trim directly in front of the back glass (male).

However during the video the hatch was open so the speaker was aimed directly at the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4ibJcoOttE&feature=youtu.be

I have pro mode enabled as well as the Detailed voice pack mode. However it appears like it's only giving me only "Simple" voice pack mode.

Some notes after the first announcement and siren once you hear the buzzer noise that means your being targeted and when it goes back to the siren it's picking up scatter but only after the first alert

SLO
12-28-2014, 02:22 PM
Sounds just like mine did. I have mine in detailed and got the same sounds and voices. Not sure what the differences are between detailed and basic

Mirage
12-28-2014, 03:27 PM
I'm installed as well. I love the sound quality but honestly I'm disappointed with the mute feature killing the alert. I would like to know what I'm hit with. Also don't like the pro mode feedback sound. I would rather hear the actual alert and just watch the led like it used to be. IMHO.

GA Speed
12-28-2014, 03:32 PM
I was under the impression it would tell me the exact gun with "Detailed" so I was expecting it to announce what Stalker I was using.

I may try turning off mode and see if that changes things for the better.

awj223
12-28-2014, 03:52 PM
I was under the impression it would tell me the exact gun with "Detailed" so I was expecting it to announce what Stalker I was using.

I may try turning off mode and see if that changes things for the better.

I thought Simple mode would just say something like "Camera" or "Error-sensitive LIDAR" or "Hand-held LIDAR". Haven't tested this yet though.

awj223
12-29-2014, 11:20 AM
I thought Simple mode would just say something like "Camera" or "Error-sensitive LIDAR" or "Hand-held LIDAR". Haven't tested this yet though.
Here is what the ALP HiFi Control Set sounds like both in Detailed mode:

and in Simple mode:

I was running this in Pro Mode. The buzzing you hear after the gun name (or generic name, in case of Simple mode) indicates when you are being targeted. The LEDs, of course, only flash when you are being targeted, even during the "woop, woop, <gun name>" part of the announcement. If you're running Pro Mode, this definitely makes you remember that you didn't JTK. This is a sound we all should NEVER hear except during testing because it takes a good 3-4 seconds after the shooting starts before the buzzing starts!

Mirage
12-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Here is what the ALP HiFi Control Set sounds like both in Detailed mode:

and in Simple mode:

I was running this in Pro Mode. The buzzing you hear after the gun name (or generic name, in case of Simple mode) indicates when you are being targeted. The LEDs, of course, only flash when you are being targeted, even during the "woop, woop, " part of the announcement. If you're running Pro Mode, this definitely makes you remember that you didn't JTK. This is a sound we all should NEVER hear except during testing because it takes a good 3-4 seconds after the shooting starts before the buzzing starts!

I never wanted to "hear" it in the first place. I wish ALP would go back to the pro mode the way it was. I hate the buzzing sound! sorry BRD it sucks now! Primarily because when you are targeted I want to hear what the gun is no matter what I do on the system when it's in pro mode. The purpose of pro mode should be for those that know what they are doing. If the buzzer is s reminder you didn't JTK then you shouldn't be using pro mode. If I JTK, beep or give me some indicator that it has accomplished my requested task and then go right back to the alerts. The whole reason everyone wanted the hifi was to be able to HEAR the voice alerts. They already had a buzzer. Sorry IMHO.

I know, I know you can't please everyone.... this is my last post on the topic as I've already beat this horse to death! :beaten: Just can't use pro mode anymore.

awj223
12-29-2014, 01:12 PM
I never wanted to "hear" it in the first place. I wish ALP would go back to the pro mode the way it was. I hate the buzzing sound! sorry BRD it sucks now! Primarily because when you are targeted I want to hear what the gun is no matter what I do on the system. If I JTK, beep or give me some indicator that it has accomplished my requested task and then go right back to the alerts. The whole reason everyone wanted the hifi was to be able to HEAR the voice alerts. They already had a buzzer. Sorry IMHO.

I know, I know you can't please everyone.... this is my last post on the topic as I've already beat this horse to death! :beaten: Just can't use pro mode anymore.

So what you're looking for is something like "woop, <presses button> JAMMING KILLED, woop, TruSpeed behind"? I think that would be a great improvement. They can leave the buzzer in IMO. Makes testing easier, and in any real world situation, you wouldn't hear it anyway.

Mirage
12-29-2014, 01:14 PM
So what you're looking for is something like "woop, JAMMING KILLED, woop, TruSpeed behind"? I think that would be a great improvement. They can leave the buzzer in IMO. Makes testing easier, and in any real world situation, you wouldn't hear it anyway.

Basically yes but the buzzer is annoying imo. It was much better before as you could watch the led and still hear the alert. well at least on the BT module. The hifi is new. So basically you can tell if you are being targeted vs catching a stray reflection. Now you can't tell what the gun is because you will have JTK before it finished. I said I would stop complaining so this is it.

awj223
12-29-2014, 01:23 PM
Basically yes but the buzzer is annoying imo. It was much better before as you could watch the led and still hear the alert. well at least on the BT module. The hifi is new. So basically you can tell if you are being targeted vs catching a stray reflection. Now you can't tell what the gun is because you will have JTK before it finished. I said I would stop complaining so this is it.

I think that's the point. Kind of like the fire alarms in office buildings that make you really not want to stay around. The buzzer makes you want to JTK, and that's a good thing. But I do agree that there should be some sort of audible tone that indicates a kill, followed by announcement of the gun you were hit by. Of course, if they had the AL Display, none of this would matter, because the gun name would show up there regardless of whether you heard it or not (unless you're blind and can't use the AL Display). But then again, if you're blind, you shouldn't be driving in the first place.

BestRadarDetectors
12-29-2014, 01:23 PM

Pro Mode was always with a buzzer sound which changed depending on the strength of the incoming signal. The buzzer sound changes and you can hear if you are the target or just picking up scatter verse a direct hit. You are just used to using ALP Connect and the Ext. LED with ALP Connect in pro mode still only illuminates when you are targeted.

If you are the direct target even in Pro-Mode it will give you the name of the gun if they stay on you. The Buzzer only kicks in if they re-pull the trigger or sweep away and come back to you.

Mirage
12-29-2014, 01:28 PM
Pro Mode was always with a buzzer sound which changed depending on the strength of the incoming signal. The buzzer sound changes and you can hear if you are the target or just picking up scatter verse a direct hit. You are just used to using ALP Connect and the Ext. LED with ALP Connect in pro mode still only illuminates when you are targeted.

If you are the direct target even in Pro-Mode it will give you the name of the gun if they stay on you. The Buzzer only kicks in if they re-pull the trigger or sweep away and come back to you.

Your right on alp connect it is much better. Maybe I should just shut up now before they change it. :-)

awj223
12-29-2014, 01:29 PM

That too. I'm not really annoyed by it because it's not a change from what I experienced with the standard control set...the one exception being that I cannot hear if I am being targeted or picking up scatter for the first 3.5 seconds, because the announcement is being made instead, and would have to watch the LED. But I'm not sure just how you would do both. Well, I can think of one way: you have a buzzing sound ONLY when you start getting shot, and up until the point where you JTK or you stop being targeted for 3 seconds or so. And THEN you have it announce what you were hit by once the threat is over. But, I think that would just confuse people.

L&R
12-29-2014, 01:44 PM
The problem is how the buzzer sounds or if the system is jamming all the guns?:chuncky:

JStump2490
12-29-2014, 02:01 PM
That too. I'm not really annoyed by it because it's not a change from what I experienced with the standard control set...the one exception being that I cannot hear if I am being targeted or picking up scatter for the first 3.5 seconds, because the announcement is being made instead, and would have to watch the LED. But I'm not sure just how you would do both. Well, I can think of one way: you have a buzzing sound ONLY when you start getting shot, and up until the point where you JTK or you stop being targeted for 3 seconds or so. And THEN you have it announce what you were hit by once the threat is over. But, I think that would just confuse people.

I would not mind if it were setup like this. I want to know what I was hit by but first and foremost, I want to know I am being hit and quickly.

Tman
12-29-2014, 03:46 PM
I would suggest only one swoop of alert then gun id .

Even best , if ever possible , be able to make our own voicepack ...or eventually
an ultra-short voicepack.
I was able to have the siren + gun id within 1 second ...
but this system was unable to hammer all guns :beaten:

I would not mind if it were setup like this. I want to know what I was hit by but first and foremost, I want to know I am being hit and quickly.

PAPACUCU
12-30-2014, 06:00 AM
OK
I'm a little confused
Does the Voice Alert not indicate you are being targeted? Or do you need to hear the buzzer?
Also, when does the auto-off count down start?
At the beginning of the voice alert or the buzzer?

BestRadarDetectors
12-30-2014, 07:16 AM
OK
I'm a little confused
Does the Voice Alert not indicate you are being targeted? Or do you need to hear the buzzer?
Yes.. You can be the target under any alert. Most users should not be using PRO Mode unless you are an experienced user.

Pro Mode was originally a diagnostic tool for us and it greatly helps with troubleshooting PT's and we would video tape from the car and gun side and compare details to analyze PT's.

AL released it to give enthusiats some advanced tools so they could understand with sounds and live LED views how strong a signal is.

I suggest that unless you are an experienced users that you do not use pro mode. Regardless of the mode any alert from the ALP you need to take very seriously.

radargeek
12-30-2014, 07:48 AM
OK
I'm a little confused
At the beginning of the voice alert or the buzzer?The voice alert/siren indicates you're being targeted. If you're in Pro mode and are still being targeted after the voice alert finishes, then you'll hear the buzz, but hopefully you've JTKed before then.

The auto-off count down starts at the beginning of the alert. Remember, you'll start hearing noise of some sort (beeps from regular control set or sirens from the hi-fi) as soon as the ALP starts seeing pulses from the gun and has started jamming. So that's when you need to react. When the speaker squawks, it's time to act!

kimberdan
12-30-2014, 08:02 AM
IDK guys, Maybe its that im easily satisfied but im happy with it, All that matters to me is that i can A jam all the guns out there and B is that i can hear it....... I have both and that make me a happy camper..
Oh and what has already been said, If you JTK then you will almost never get past the gun ID, Unless your hit from way out and your doing 100 in like a 30 LoL then you will need more time to slow down. But really if your going that speed you getting tagged for something.

OrlNmE
12-30-2014, 08:30 AM
All good points!! I am very happy with mine. I was lucky enough to have two JTK's yesterday and the alerts were perfect. I only wished I had my Cam set up to show off the JTK. My cam will arrive today and I will set it up. I live in the Orlando area and the LEO's love using LIDAR around here. All in all, the HiFi was well worth the extra time to re-wire my set up. I have my speaker behind my console/display (not visible at all) and I can here it just fine at volume 2-3. Keep in mind that when you here the "Woop Woop + voice alert" your ALP's are doing it's job by alerting you. Just remember to JTK!!

kimberdan
12-30-2014, 08:37 AM
All good points!! I am very happy with mine. I was lucky enough to have two JTK's yesterday and the alerts were perfect. I only wished I had my Cam set up to show off the JTK. My cam will arrive today and I will set it up. I live in the Orlando area and the LEO's love using LIDAR around here. All in all, the HiFi was well worth the extra time to re-wire my set up. I have my speaker behind my console/display (not visible at all) and I can here it just fine at volume 2-3. Keep in mind that when you here the "Woop Woop + voice alert" your ALP's are doing it's job by alerting you. Just remember to JTK!!
LoL some times i want to travel up there just to play with the LEOS... They are crazy up there with there lidar.. I4 is riddled with Hidden LEOS shooting LIdar from the shaded spots under the bridges

awj223
12-30-2014, 10:35 AM
OK
I'm a little confused

The alert from the Hi Fi Control Set indicates that you have been targeted (at some point in the past). But if you were to pick up momentary scatter, you wouldn't be able to distinguish it from being targeted continuously from the audio alone, when you're in Pro Mode. You can, however, always look at the LED for that information.

The standard control set also had issues though. If you were to pick up momentary scatter and you were running Pro Mode, the LED would very quickly flash red or yellow, perhaps for as little as 0.1 seconds. Unless you were staring straight at the LED while driving, you'd be able to tell you were hit by something, but you wouldn't be able to tell what direction it came from. With the Hi Fi Control Set, it'll announce "ahead" or "behind".

jdong
12-30-2014, 11:39 AM
Oh and what has already been said, If you JTK then you will almost never get past the gun ID, Unless your hit from way out and your doing 100 in like a 30 LoL then you will need more time to slow down. But really if your going that speed you getting tagged for something.

It's actually not too bad. The voice announcement happens at about 1.5 seconds and finishes by 3 seconds. A 3 second JTK might be considered slightly sloppy but it is not bad.

I would also love for the gun ID to show up no matter how quickly you JTK, but it's okay the way it is too!

(Sent via Tapatalk)

radargeek
12-30-2014, 11:53 AM
It's actually not too bad. The voice announcement happens at about 1.5 seconds and finishes by 3 seconds. A 3 second JTK might be considered slightly sloppy but it is not bad. Even if you do a 2 second JTK (about the fastest possible unless you know you're going to be shot or aren't speeding) you'll hear at least the start of the gun ID which should be enough to tell you what you were shot with, or at least narrow it down to a couple.

Ideally, it should give the gun ID even after JTKing. Maybe a future update will add this. Another feature that could be added is an "instant replay" of the announcement, if you press a button after the encounter. That way if you didn't hear it the first time, or missed it due to JTKing, you can replay it afterward to find out what you were shot with.

kimberdan
12-30-2014, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE= Ideally, it should give the gun ID even after JTKing. Maybe a future update will add this. Another feature that could be added is an "instant replay" of the announcement, if you press a button after the encounter. That way if you didn't hear it the first time, or missed it due to JTKing, you can replay it afterward to find out what you were shot with.[/QUOTE]
Remember, I know its not on the fly but you can still pull the data from the CPU and see what it was that you got painted with.... I have a question,If you have your jam set to infinite and you press the button that allows you to switch to Receive mode will continue to tell you the gun ID? or does it really just mute it and allow you to be tagged?

radargeek
12-30-2014, 12:45 PM
Remember, I know its not on the fly but you can still pull the data from the CPU and see what it was that you got painted with.... That would have to wait until you're done with your trip, or next time you stop somewhere, and then you'll need a computer to view the file on. If you get shot several times during your trip, you won't know which was which based on the statistics. And since it's a lifetime cumulative total per gun, if you don't have a baseline statistics file to compare to, you may not be able to determine which gun you were shot with. "Hmmm... it says 12 Ultralyte and 16 PL3... now was it 15 PL3 before? I don't remember..."

The purpose of the HiFi module is so you can hear what you were shot with, so it should be possible even after a JTK. A replay feature would be helpful for this as well.

Another thing the HiFi module should do is give some sort of immediate audible confirmation that JTK occurred, either manually via the button or automatically via the timer. A short, loud beep would work. Then replay (or continue playing) the gun ID afterward. So it would be something like "whoop whoop Kustom (press button to JTK) *BEEP* Pro Laser Three Ahead."

tawwwd
12-30-2014, 02:58 PM
Another thing the HiFi module should do is give some sort of immediate audible confirmation that JTK occurred, either manually via the button or automatically via the timer. A short, loud beep would work. Then replay (or continue playing) the gun ID afterward. So it would be something like "whoop whoop Kustom (press button to JTK) *BEEP* Pro Laser Three Ahead."

I don't have mine yet, but this makes sense to me!

"whoop whoop Kustom (press button to JTK) *BEEP* Pro Laser Three Ahead."

I would like it to just continue the alert after JTK rather then repeat the whole thing

Vortex
12-30-2014, 05:17 PM
Just got my HiFi module installed and it works great. Here's a demo of the unit in action announcing guns with the female voice, JTK'ing, comparing to the original control pad, and my initial impressions of the unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wih6J6ubNHI

A couple notes.

The speaker is definitely loud. Even with the speaker tucked IN my dash behind plastic panels and driving on the highway with the top down, I can STILL hear the gun IDs which is very impressive. With my music blasting I can't hear the ALP speaker, so hooking up the stereo mute wire would definitely be a good idea and a straightforward solution.

I like the way the ALP handles brief lidar detections better than the way my HP-905's did. If the Blinders picked up a very very brief burst of lidar, say either scatter or a false, I would get no gun announcement and wouldn't know what it picked up. Even with the quickest shots possible from my PL3 and my lidar simulator, the ALP would announce the gun ID each and every time. I really love this feature.

When you start your car and the ALP boots up, instead of the beeps, you get the word "Active" announced, even if you choose the silent power up option. I would like to see that announcement go away so it's truly quiet upon startup.

Another thing I do wish was different was what the Menu button on the right does. I never really knew since generic beeps are kinda cryptic. With the voices now I know it adjusts the foglight settings. That's part of an accessory that's more common in Europe, IIRC, and I'd love to see that button switched to setting your jammers to receive mode. As I mention in the video, I loved being able to do this with my Blinders and KBJ, kill my jammers when spotting a LEO so that they don't jam when I get shot. Putting them in receive mode rather than killing the power altogether like you'd have to do with LI's, you could still tell if you got shot, for how long, what gun you got shot with, etc. A very useful feature. The menu button on the control pad changes the foglights settings and I'd like to see it set to changing between jam, receive only, and perhaps parking sensor only mode. It wouldn't be as obvious what setting you're on as it was with the Blinder control switch, and it's possible to do it accidentally and not realize it, so if it would change over for, say 30 or 60 seconds and then revert back to jamming mode automatically afterwards, that would be awesome.

Speaking of JTK'ing, I do some JTK's on video and if you JTK really quickly, you won't get the gun announcement as radargeek mentioned above. Having the ALP continue to announce the gun would be ideal. A different beep is definitely a good idea so we know the jammers have been set to receive only, but it's definitely possible to miss the initial announcement for whatever reason. Music's too loud at first and you don't have the stereo mute cable hooked up, etc.

Minor niggles aside, having the clear voices and loud speaker is definitely a nice upgrade over the normal control pad and I'd highly recommend it!

PAPACUCU
12-30-2014, 05:55 PM
Thank you Vortex for a no nonsense, straight forward review
Refreshing, to say the least

radargeek
12-30-2014, 06:34 PM
Nice review Vortex. Me likey. ;)

The speaker is the same size as the Belscort one, right? My center console has a perfect spot for it. Now if I only got shot more often so I could justify the expenditure.

PAPACUCU
12-30-2014, 06:44 PM

The speaker is the same size as the Belscort one, right? My center console has a perfect spot for it. Now if I only got shot more often so I could justify the expenditure.

That's a "be careful what you wish for" if ever I heard one

Vortex
12-30-2014, 06:54 PM

It's been quite a while since I've had one of the Belscort speakers, but I do believe it's right around the same size. It's thinner front to back than top to bottom, so it's not perfectly a cube. This actually helped so I was able to turn it to squeeze it past obstructions to get it where I wanted it, then rotate to point the direction I wanted the sound to project.

I know what you mean about wanting to get shot more often. I get shot extremely rarely and still have yet to get a single encounter with it. :congratulatory:

radargeek
12-30-2014, 07:26 PM
I'm tempted to get an ALP so I can play with it and see how I can interface my autokill to it. I'm just not up to tearing my car apart again to yank the LI and install it. And after I do a new install, I end up going years before being shot. It took 3 years from my initial LI install to get shot. I got shot 3 times in 2013, then I bought a new car and reinstalled the LI, and have had *zero* shots in 2014. Will I have to wait until 2017? If I get ALP, I'll go another 3 years.

Vortex
12-30-2014, 07:46 PM
I'm tempted to get an ALP so I can play with it and see how I can interface my autokill to it. I'm just not up to tearing my car apart again to yank the LI and install it. And after I do a new install, I end up going years before being shot. It took 3 years from my initial LI install to get shot. I got shot 3 times in 2013, then I bought a new car and reinstalled the LI, and have had *zero* shots in 2014. Will I have to wait until 2017? If I get ALP, I'll go another 3 years.

Yeah, having something fun to experiment with, learn, and play with in the meantime definitely helps if you don't actually get to use it for its intended purpose much. The peace of mind of having it while driving certainly helps, but it's definitely fun to toy around and tinker during ownership so that things stay fresh and enjoyable. That's one of the reasons I like playing with radar guns actually. It's something new that I haven't already played with, read about, and discussed endlessly.

Tman
12-30-2014, 08:00 PM
Great demo Vortex , as usual ! with a radiophonic voice as bonus.

Should be sticky :popcorn:

If all goes fine i should recieve mine tomorrow ...my target time was for 2014 ...just in time.

HiFi increases tenfold the awareness :whoo:

I :thumbs2: your suggestion for the menu button turning to receive only.

Just got my HiFi module installed and it works great. Here's a demo of the unit in action announcing guns with the female voice, JTK'ing, comparing to the original control pad, and my initial impressions of the unit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wih6J6ubNHI

A couple notes.

The speaker is definitely loud. Even with the speaker tucked IN my dash behind plastic panels and driving on the highway with the top down, I can STILL hear the gun IDs which is very impressive. With my music blasting I can't hear the ALP speaker, so hooking up the stereo mute wire would definitely be a good idea and a straightforward solution.

I like the way the ALP handles brief lidar detections better than the way my HP-905's did. If the Blinders picked up a very very brief burst of lidar, say either scatter or a false, I would get no gun announcement and wouldn't know what it picked up. Even with the quickest shots possible from my PL3 and my lidar simulator, the ALP would announce the gun ID each and every time. I really love this feature.

When you start your car and the ALP boots up, instead of the beeps, you get the word "Active" announced, even if you choose the silent power up option. I would like to see that announcement go away so it's truly quiet upon startup.

Another thing I do wish was different was what the Menu button on the right does. I never really knew since generic beeps are kinda cryptic. With the voices now I know it adjusts the foglight settings. That's part of an accessory that's more common in Europe, IIRC, and I'd love to see that button switched to setting your jammers to receive mode. As I mention in the video, I loved being able to do this with my Blinders and KBJ, kill my jammers when spotting a LEO so that they don't jam when I get shot. Putting them in receive mode rather than killing the power altogether like you'd have to do with LI's, you could still tell if you got shot, for how long, what gun you got shot with, etc. A very useful feature. The menu button on the control pad changes the foglights settings and I'd like to see it set to changing between jam, receive only, and perhaps parking sensor only mode. It wouldn't be as obvious what setting you're on as it was with the Blinder control switch, and it's possible to do it accidentally and not realize it, so if it would change over for, say 30 or 60 seconds and then revert back to jamming mode automatically afterwards, that would be awesome.

Speaking of JTK'ing, I do some JTK's on video and if you JTK really quickly, you won't get the gun announcement as radargeek mentioned above. Having the ALP continue to announce the gun would be ideal. A different beep is definitely a good idea so we know the jammers have been set to receive only, but it's definitely possible to miss the initial announcement for whatever reason. Music's too loud at first and you don't have the stereo mute cable hooked up, etc.

Minor niggles aside, having the clear voices and loud speaker is definitely a nice upgrade over the normal control pad and I'd highly recommend it!

PAPACUCU
12-30-2014, 08:00 PM

radargeek
I have one of each speaker in front of me.
They look and measure exactly alike.
The only way to tell them apart is the brand name on the speaker grill and the wiring.
They measure 2-1/4" square by 2" deep (at center)

Would you like a photo?

BestRadarDetectors
12-30-2014, 08:15 PM
:thumbs2: your suggestion for the menu button turning to receive only.

http://radarandlaserforum.com/showthread.php/38-AL-Priority-Firmware-Update-History-%28Running-History%29?p=42922&viewfull=1#post42922 from last week.

Tman
12-30-2014, 08:44 PM
Too much wine ...i missed this one.

Soon we will need an encyclopedia to keep track of all the options\updates\features :smiley-laughing:

http://radarandlaserforum.com/showthread.php/38-AL-Priority-Firmware-Update-History-%28Running-History%29?p=42922&viewfull=1#post42922 from last week.

Vortex
12-30-2014, 09:18 PM
Too much wine ...i missed this one.

Soon we will need an encyclopedia to keep track of all the options\updates\features :smiley-laughing:

You know, the ALP has a lot of the qualities of YaV1 that make me love them both:

Very quick updates and fixes, the coolest all-around product you can get, lots of great features, excellent customer service, we as enthusiasts get to provide suggestions which (when they're good) actually get implemented in the product, etc. It makes the whole experience of owning and using the product that much more fun.

Tman
12-30-2014, 09:53 PM
Right Vortex ,

the key word is Fun , everyday on the road Fun is eroded by
more laws , more technologies , more surveillance.

We have all those tools thanks to people agitating their brain & elbow grease
to counter this increasing BigBrotherhood.

I am convinced the community can face with brio
the coming challenges of 2015....wonder what's up after Vpr ?

tawwwd
12-30-2014, 10:17 PM
wonder what's up after Vpr ?

theyre just going to point this at your car.....works as population control....get two birds stoned at once, right?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=StC9nRB_AVY

BestRadarDetectors
01-02-2015, 08:11 AM
I got the new HiFi modules install on both systems and I'm happy with the the build quality and the speaker volume.

I had no issues installing the firmware files and voice packs I just let it do the updates while I was doing the detrim and rebuild.

I made a video so you can hear the systems. Using a real lidar gun.

I have the speaker for the front under the center console (female) and the rear is mounted on the top of the rear hatch trim directly in front of the back glass (male).

However during the video the hatch was open so the speaker was aimed directly at the ground.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s4ibJcoOttE&feature=youtu.be

I have pro mode enabled as well as the Detailed voice pack mode. However it appears like it's only giving me only "Simple" voice pack mode.

Some notes after the first announcement and siren once you hear the buzzer noise that means your being targeted and when it goes back to the siren it's picking up scatter but only after the first alert

The next update will have a feature for "Reversed Heads" so you can reverse the LED & Voice Alerts to match the direction on your reversed unit since you are running the rear heads off of your Front Ports.

dragons
01-02-2015, 08:21 AM
Awesome option to have!!

dukes
01-02-2015, 08:21 AM
The next update will have a feature for "Reversed Heads" so you can reverse the LED & Voice Alerts to match the direction on your reversed unit since you are running the rear heads off of your Front Ports.

That is going to be an awesome feature!!

Tman
01-02-2015, 02:37 PM
Sorry i dont catch this at all , can you explain more ?
That is going to be an awesome feature!!

BestRadarDetectors
01-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Sorry i dont catch this at all , can you explain more ?

Several people that deal with overpass and rear shots prefer to run 3 heads in the rear and 2 heads in the front. With doing that configuration they would use the Front Ports for the Rear Heads and vise-versa. The option would allow them with one setting to reverse the heads and have ALP recognize the rear heads as rear heads when they choose to install rear heads using the front ports.