PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Portland

LeoDude
12-28-2014, 12:44 AM
First a shout out to Luke from SW Washington. Anyone else from this part of the world? Anyone have a Tesla??

I have a V1 and Lidetek on my current car. Getting a Tesla soon.

Please let me start with a question. A very good 12v installer wants more than the cost of a quad system to INSTALL it. I'll do more shopping.
He does lovely work. His installs look like stock, but outrageous prices.

"It will require the front and rear bumper removal, custom bracketry for the rear bumper, as well as running the wires in the factory locations. We require 2 complete days from start to finish for the Quad System alone. The Quad system adds a substantial amount of time compared to the single front mounted sensor."

So, can anyone recommend installers in or around Portland OR???

What SHOULD I pay for installation of a quad system?
Many thanks. Glad to be here.
Leo

FJR1300
12-28-2014, 08:59 AM
Hello and welcome.
The more difficult the installation and more expensive the vehicle, the more time and liability on the part of the installer.
If I were still in the auto repair business, I'd charge no less than $100/hr for custom work on that type of vehicle.
Keep in mind, owners of very expensive vehicles tend to be extremely particular about the work, generally expecting a factory appearance and perfection. That's a lot of pressure and risk for the business.

Yellowcab
12-28-2014, 11:13 AM
Welcome to the forum. Unfortunately great installations take significant time and experience to do properly. Anyone could install an ALP, but will thier installation meet your expectations? I have seen some excellent OEM looking installations as well as some installation that looked as if they were performed by a 3 year old.

Ask your installer where exactly he will be installing the heads as well as the other components.

curmudgeon
12-28-2014, 11:44 AM
Welcome to the forum

oddpedestrian
12-28-2014, 02:04 PM
Welcome from Alaska 👋 I'm the 3 year old install lol

dinkydi
12-28-2014, 02:06 PM
welcome from OZ

Mirage
12-28-2014, 03:40 PM
Welcome to the forum. I would also ask the installer to recommend the mounting locations and let some of the more experienced folks here help you with correct placement and alignment suggestions.

RedRocket
12-28-2014, 04:23 PM
Hi & Welcome to the Forum,Dude.
It's to bad you havn't been active on this Forum until now,we have a members Section devoted to installs here w/ pix to view.As luck would have it, a member just Posted an install on a Tesla S done a few weeks ago w/ both Front & Rear sensors mounted.

p.s. - just noticed another new member ("vitaman") just got an install done on a Tesla P85D.You should check-out his Intro. post & contact him about the car.

busta
12-28-2014, 07:07 PM
Welcome from down under

Nanook
12-28-2014, 07:46 PM
Welcome from God's country ...Canada

BestRadarDetectors
12-28-2014, 08:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.. Glad to have you hear. If you need any assistance please let us know.

LeoDude
01-09-2015, 12:03 AM
Excellent Mr. Rocket. Thanks a lot. I'll go look.