PDA

View Full Version : how to tell your system jamed the gun

coco
12-15-2014, 10:42 PM
Just finish install new dual sensor system. How can i tell was install correctly and able to jame the police gun and they can not read my speed.
I had hard time to align 2 head perfect level, it little off
Is it really effect?

oddpedestrian
12-15-2014, 11:11 PM
Make sure you JTK and not JTG, you will only know if you bought a laser gun and shot your vehicle with it. You can order a tester from BRD to check how good the receivers are working but until you get tested or shot by a real cop you won't know.

Take some pictures and post them here so we can take a look at the install.

BestRadarDetectors
12-15-2014, 11:16 PM
Where are you located? There are several members all around that own guns that are usually willing to help out other members to test their systems. RALETC also has larger meets with the largest collection of guns anywhere for the ultimate test. If you are off a degree or 2 you will be fine but you want as close to level and square as possible. There is some play with heads but roads are also not always flat and straight so keeping them as level as possible will help when you hit bumps and dips in the road.

awj223
12-15-2014, 11:28 PM
You can tell if it tried to jam the gun if you get an alert. But the only way to know if it actually jammed the gun is to test it with a real gun.

AirMoore
12-16-2014, 06:39 AM
You can tell if it tried to jam the gun if you get an alert. But the only way to know if it actually jammed the gun is to test it with a real gun.

X2, make sure to NEVER test your unit out with LEO's. Always get to the proper speed and turn the unit off so they can get your speed.

coco
12-16-2014, 11:54 PM
I live in Orange county southern California, i hope some member around this area own gun can help me test out my install

radargeek
12-17-2014, 09:49 AM
Always slow and kill your jammers when shot by a LEO. It helps avoid raising suspicion.

If you were speeding, you are shot, you slow & kill, and he doesn't come after you, you know your jammers worked (unless he's looking for a bigger fish).

jdong
12-18-2014, 10:00 PM
It's really hard to tell just by encountering a cop whether or not your countermeasures saved you. Obviously you can know when your countermeasures have failed you for sure ;-)

Like others have said, the recommended way is to attend a meet-up with members so that you can have your setup picked apart by an experienced shooter. Those of us who have been testing CM's for a while will know how to find weak spots. Most cops that you encounter honestly aren't experienced with tagging jammers -- so even jammers that are EPIC FAIL by our standards might save you from time to time against a cop caught off-guard. The only way to truly know if your setup is effective is to get tested.

If you don't like socializing, you can consider buying a LIDAR gun yourself as well. Some of the older generation guns are becoming more affordable now.

awj223
12-18-2014, 10:26 PM
If you don't like socializing, you can consider buying a LIDAR gun yourself as well. Some of the older generation guns are becoming more affordable now.

Where did you get your TSS? The lasertech website doesn't even give a price, just a page to submit a quote. Reminds me of the companies that sell things like Bluetooth sniffer hardware, and makes me wonder if they'll give a different price to everyone based on how much money they think they have.

kasher1979
12-19-2014, 08:30 AM
I bought myself an older Laser gun just for testing purposes. You could do the same.