PDA

View Full Version : Canadian & HiFi

Tman
12-14-2014, 01:37 PM
I emailed Alex about it .

He will have the HiFi by ''We won't have it until month end of early January.''

theaudir8fan
12-14-2014, 07:59 PM
yes, also Alex is working on a deal with AL to see if he can put on a promotion, so I'm sure the more interest he gets, the better the pricing will be. Altho with how shitty our dollar is right now, we won't get it down to $60 that's for sure

wolfpacal
12-14-2014, 11:20 PM
I emailed Alex about it .

He will have the HiFi by ''We won't have it until month end of early January.''

Any hint on the price? If reasonable, I'll order from him. I'm also adding a third head to my dual setup on my one car. Single head prices are going up in January too.

Tman
12-15-2014, 07:17 AM
As Theaudi wrote it would surprise me to get a low price as Tom offers.
If Alex can get it @ $99 , i will order for sure , it is a nice add-on specially
when you come from Li .

I think the Hifi is a well tought package : a new control box + the speaker .

Because of the custom fee + the agreement of the split market + warranty ,
one has no real alternative.

Where will you place your 3rd sensor ?

Any hint on the price? If reasonable, I'll order from him. I'm also adding a third head to my dual setup on my one car. Single head prices are going up in January too.

wolfpacal
12-15-2014, 08:02 AM
Where will you place your 3rd sensor ?[/COLOR]

Dead centre, under license plate.

theaudir8fan
12-15-2014, 06:44 PM
no idea yet, but hopefully it can come down a bit, email Alex and put your name down so that he can show that there is a significant interest

dukes
12-18-2014, 06:15 PM
Alex @ kmph.ca "99$ + shipping. AL is giving a 10 euro price break for pre-registered upgrades and that I'm passing them along. Aiming for end of the year"

dukes
12-23-2014, 09:32 AM
Pre order for hi if is up on kmph.ca for Canadian buyers

awj223
12-23-2014, 11:54 AM
Couldn't you Canadians just order it from BRD and ship it to a US address?

dukes
12-23-2014, 11:59 AM

Nope, they both honor distribution territory's. It's only fair.

tawwwd
12-23-2014, 12:06 PM

Yes, but unless you live by the border to go across and pick it up its not worth it.

BestRadarDetectors
12-23-2014, 12:20 PM
Yes, but unless you live by the border to go across and pick it up its not worth it.

Alex is a good guy and as Dukes mentioned we would cancel an order from a Canada Billing address and forward you to Alex for support. We have honored each others agreements from Day 1 and this will not change going forward.

awj223
12-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Nope, they both honor distribution territory's. It's only fair.

US is BRD's territory though...as long as you initially ship it to a US address, wouldn't it be fine?

OrlNmE
12-23-2014, 04:47 PM
I think to keep it simple is if it's a US address then that's what it is. Just don't advertise that you are in Canada and having it shipped to the US for pick up, I would think IMHO. Not that I would encourage people t do that, but if I was going to be in the US from Canada for what ever reason and I don't want my package left at home while I was away, then ship it to where your going to be at in the US I guess. ;)

It's good business ethics to respect your counter partners sales boundaries.

FJR1300
12-23-2014, 07:48 PM
When people make a habit of circumventing their local dealer to save a few bucks, the dealer may eventually go out of business. Now where is your support? This is exactly how Walmart & Amazon have taken over. Try getting BRD type service from the omnipotent mega-retailers.

pinball
12-23-2014, 07:55 PM
Local or not who cares? Everything is global anyway. These guys are Internet dealers just like Walmart and Amazon online. BRD is way cheaper than KMPH even when you factor in exhange and shipping, why is that? Where is the competition? Why can't the consumer choose instead of taking it up the tail pipe because "he's a nice guy"?

FJR1300
12-23-2014, 08:21 PM
It's about support, read the forum a bit, look at the myriad instances of customer support that you just won't get from big box stores.
But hey, if you like corporate America and all that goes with that, well...that's your choice.

pinball
12-23-2014, 08:25 PM
I'm not aware of KMPH being on here yet I am forced to buy from him. I'd love to buy from BRD because of his involvement but my order was cancelled. So what's your point here?

FJR1300
12-23-2014, 08:26 PM
No point dude, carry on. Merry Kwanzaa, peace out.

Mirage
12-23-2014, 08:43 PM
BRD will soon be selling the HiFi units at $99 + shipping. The discounted price was a promise he made to customers that already purchased ALPs and wanted the HiFi upgrade. First batch only then $99 + shipping.

curmudgeon
12-24-2014, 06:11 AM
While I'm (fortunately) able to buy at will from BRD directly, I would like to see some participation and support of this forum by both kmph and the Australian ALP distributors. This forum benefits them in many ways and it would only be fair turnaround, as well as in their own business interest.

dukes
12-24-2014, 10:30 AM
I personally don't see any issue with lack of presence on the forums... I am sure vendors and distributors are cautious about joining due to drama and the fact that we are enthusiasts and we demand a lot lol.

In reference to the price difference, this is situation no change for Canadians. When you factor customs fees and freight charges (and the weak Canadian dollar) it leads to higher prices. However, Alex is always willing to work with you just send him an email. The HiFi module is also priced the same as BRD at 99$
(actually cheaper when you factor the currency exchange).

Any warrenty related questions can simply be answered with a quick email, and dealing with Alex I can tell you his turn around time is quick.

I just wanted to make sure this was posted, because lack of forum presence does not mean lack of customer support.

tawwwd
12-24-2014, 10:36 AM
It's about support, read the forum a bit, look at the myriad instances of customer support that you just won't get from big box stores.
But hey, if you like corporate America and all that goes with that, well...that's your choice.

I dont think corporate america has anything to do with this. BRD and KMPH are not walmart or amazon lol

I have a US billing address I could of bought from BRD anyway, but i try to support local as much as possible....sometimes its hard to justify when a retailers COST in canada is more then i can get something from the US + shipping and duty/exchange

As for Alex customer support Ill vouch for that.. Anytime I've emailed hes replied within minutes. Pretty helpful when I bought the ALP in the first place.

BestRadarDetectors
12-24-2014, 10:49 AM
I dont think corporate america has anything to do with this. BRD and KMPH are not walmart or amazon lol

I have a US billing address I could of bought from BRD anyway, but i try to support local as much as possible....sometimes its hard to justify when a retailers COST in canada is more then i can get something from the US + shipping and duty/exchange

As for Alex customer support Ill vouch for that.. Anytime I've emailed hes replied within minutes. Pretty helpful when I bought the ALP in the first place.

In the end that is all that matters. If you are in the US buy from the US, If you are in Canada buy from Canada. As I mentioned earlier I made really nothing on these units and really did it to show everyone in the US that took a chance on the ALP when not much info was out there in the beginning that I appreciate their early adoption. You cant expect dealers to offer products at no cost and I should have done it privately for my customers instead of letting it get out there. You cant be upset with another dealer because they do not want to give something away. You have to remember that AL was new to the US market so it was difficult for early adopters to take the chance on us. In Canada they have been selling there for many years and the switch was much easier out there for the dealers.

FJR1300
12-24-2014, 11:40 AM

Apologies for not being clear in what I was getting at; personalized service is worth paying a little extra for, especially with this product as it is continually changing.
Plus, I dislike most large cap corps in general due to their lobbying power, just a personal peeve that I should have kept to myself, no worries though.

wolfpacal
12-24-2014, 12:05 PM
The older I get the more I realize price isn't the only consideration. It's important sure, but in some cases I'd be willing to pay a little more, to get excellent personal customer service; rather than a recording of "your call is very important". Having a human being answer the call on the first or second ring is a lost art form nowadays. Just my .02

OrlNmE
12-24-2014, 04:15 PM
Pinball, it is what it is. Sorry for your circumstances in regards to your order being canceled by BRD. You need to look at his point of view, he's a man of his word and always honors his deals whether it's to his US customers or co-partner or competitor(depending how you view it) distributor in Canada. In addition, it sounds like Alex has great customer service also. Good customer service is priceless these days.

dukes
12-29-2014, 08:26 PM

Kmph.ca has them now!! Super excited to install it!

Tman
12-29-2014, 08:35 PM
Did you pick it up ?

I guess you were at the door step this morning :whoo:

Kmph.ca has them now!! Super excited to install it!

Tman
12-29-2014, 09:10 PM
Good news from Alex for all Canucks ...

I cite him with permission

''Yes it's been a crazy day.
7 hours of waiting for delivery and DHL messed up and separated our shipments.
The box containing all HiFi components were missing but luckily we finally tracked them down at 5:30pm.''

dukes
12-29-2014, 09:18 PM
Yea lol I only got it cause I met up with him, but yea I assume the rest wi ship out soon.

wolfpacal
12-29-2014, 10:26 PM
Yea lol I only got it cause I met up with him, but yea I assume the rest wi ship out soon.

You didn't drive all the way to BC did you?

dukes
12-29-2014, 10:35 PM
You didn't drive all the way to BC did you?

Haha, I was already here for the holidays so it conveniently worked out! I'll get to test tomorrow on my road trip home!

wolfpacal
12-30-2014, 12:24 AM
Haha, I was already here for the holidays so it conveniently worked out! I'll get to test tomorrow on my road trip home!

Glad it worked out well for you. Post a video when you're done with the install

wolfpacal
12-31-2014, 03:06 PM
Just got my install done. Took a while but it worked out well. Purolator guy left my envelope from KMPH in the snow out front of my house. Didn't even ring the bell, just dumped the package and left. However, no damage and everything is good now!! The only issue I had was with the mounting bracket for the speaker. The screws were so long I couldn't close the dash panel with them fully in, so I had to pull them out a little so the panel would secure tight.

BestRadarDetectors
12-31-2014, 03:18 PM
Whats up with those screws?

wolfpacal
12-31-2014, 03:37 PM
Whats up with those screws?

Had to remove them a bit as they were too long. The dash panel would not snap in place as the screws were hitting a piece of metal behind the panel.

tawwwd
12-31-2014, 03:54 PM
Funny, my purolator envelope was ripped too but not in a pile of snow

I couldnt wait to get it installed haha... Decided to add the external LED as well

When it warms up im actually going to flush mount the speaker into the middle console.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s455/schiss/20141231_143902_resized_zpsfaf71e26.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s455/schiss/20141231_143855_resized_zps4e347c21.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s455/schiss/20141231_143928_resized_zpscd9c5bfb.jpg

wolfpacal
12-31-2014, 04:08 PM
Funny, my purolator envelope was ripped too but not in a pile of snow

I couldnt wait to get it installed haha... Decided to add the external LED as well

When it warms up im actually going to flush mount the speaker into the middle console.

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s455/schiss/20141231_143902_resized_zpsfaf71e26.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s455/schiss/20141231_143855_resized_zps4e347c21.jpg

http://i1052.photobucket.com/albums/s455/schiss/20141231_143928_resized_zpscd9c5bfb.jpg

Very nice install. What's up with Purolator? They're owned by Canada Post so I guess that explains a lot.

tawwwd
12-31-2014, 04:20 PM
Yeah the last thing I got in an envelope from CP was torn and they put tape all over it saying it was damaged in transit and made me inspect it first. They're not gentle with anything!

dukes
12-31-2014, 05:23 PM
One thing I have noticed, and it seems to be random. Is when I power cycle my cpu using my kill switch it doesn't power on with voice alerts. Its like it forgot them and resorts to the beeps again. Not sure why, but its happened a couple times now.

tawwwd
01-01-2015, 01:17 PM
Mine beeps as well on initial start and then about 60 seconds later says interference defense active

wolfpacal
01-01-2015, 01:37 PM
One thing I have noticed, and it seems to be random. Is when I power cycle my cpu using my kill switch it doesn't power on with voice alerts. Its like it forgot them and resorts to the beeps again. Not sure why, but its happened a couple times now.

Stupid question, but is the cable securely fastened in the slot on the CPU? If it's loose, it may be the reason.

BestRadarDetectors
01-01-2015, 01:40 PM
Mine beeps as well on initial start and then about 60 seconds later says interference defense active

You can skip the initial 60 second warming using the Skip First Warming option in the setting file.

Tman
01-01-2015, 02:03 PM
Tom , one little question : it seems that , with the ''regular'' control set , the external led
stays On for say 10 seconds upon start-up.

Now with the HiFi , the ext. led stays much longer ...am i right or i dont recall well ?

Both status being on the skip first warming.

BestRadarDetectors
01-01-2015, 02:04 PM
Tom , one little question : it seems that , with the ''regular'' control set , the external led
stays On for say 10 seconds upon start-up.

Now with the HiFi , the ext. led stays much longer ...am i right or i dont recall well ?

Both status being on the skip first warming.

I dont recall there being any difference in time before the Control Set LED dims after start-up.

Tman
01-01-2015, 03:45 PM
I tried yesterday to switch between the old and new via
a network switcher and it worked perfectly , but did'nt
take note .

I will do again and report.
I dont recall there being any difference in time before the Control Set LED dims after start-up.

Tman
01-01-2015, 05:45 PM
Checked : the time is the same : +- 10 seconds.

One new thing i found , the system monitors the voltage : '' low voltage check power suppy '' ,
thanks miss...any picture of the woman doing the voices ?:angel:

FJR1300
01-01-2015, 05:58 PM
Checked : the time is the same : +- 10 seconds.

One new thing i found , the system monitors the voltage : '' low voltage check power suppy '' ,
thanks miss...any picture of the woman doing the voices ?:angel:
Just imagine it's Christina Hendricks and you'll be fine ;)

Tman
01-01-2015, 06:45 PM
Just imagine it's Christina Hendricks and you'll be fine ;)

And miss my Jtk :rofl-1: