PDA

View Full Version : RALTEC Live Testing Results

BestRadarDetectors
09-20-2014, 09:22 AM
Since I was uninvited because the other manufactures bailed at the last minute I almost feel like I am there with the Live Feed. Its actually pretty cool.

http://www.raletc.com/2014/09/2014-raletc-lidar-shootout-live/

Salty
09-20-2014, 09:35 AM
Live updates are really cool!

Won Hunglo
09-20-2014, 10:19 AM
Great job guys!

Holla
09-20-2014, 10:51 AM
Looking good, but the L.I isnt!!

curmudgeon
09-20-2014, 11:01 AM
Can't wait to see results when the heads are tilted upward 5 degrees

Salty
09-20-2014, 11:17 AM
LOL at the K40.

crm
09-20-2014, 11:27 AM
Great job on the live feed!

kimberdan
09-20-2014, 11:53 AM
So um How do i get this live feed?

BestRadarDetectors
09-20-2014, 12:13 PM
Click the link in the first post.

Tman
09-20-2014, 12:25 PM

Click the link :

awj223
09-20-2014, 01:16 PM
Ouch, LI 8.18 got owned by the VPR guns, especially the Compact.

Yellowcab
09-20-2014, 01:52 PM
Since I was uninvited because the other manufactures bailed at the last minute I almost feel like I am there with the Live Feed. Its actually pretty cool.

Don't you get it? We just don't like you.

:roflmfao:

BestRadarDetectors
09-20-2014, 02:01 PM
I will be there tomorrow for the regular member testing!

CJR238
09-20-2014, 02:06 PM
Good job guys, loving the real time updates. Even better than the old days.

Yellowcab
09-20-2014, 02:10 PM
Good job guys, loving the real time updates. Even better than the old days.

It would be as good as as old times if we were all together doing the testing. You, Riptide, Kookm, Speedup, aa2033 and Xyd.

kimberdan
09-20-2014, 02:20 PM
nothing is working :neglected:

It just says updating and nothing WaaHaaa

Salty
09-20-2014, 02:36 PM
nothing is working :neglected:

It just says updating and nothing WaaHaaa

Its working for me.

Radarrob
09-20-2014, 02:54 PM
Its working for me.x2. I could not attend this meet 😞

Tman
09-20-2014, 03:36 PM
:nevreness:

They are serving the dessert : Stalker XLR versus Alp ....mium mium Just Too Good

Tman
09-20-2014, 03:58 PM
Less tasty :

JA3 on Laser Atlanta torch ...but all JTG

Salty
09-20-2014, 03:59 PM
x2. I could not attend this meet ��

See you tomorrow Rob!

RigToFly01
09-20-2014, 06:21 PM
Rob, I better see you tomorrow! I need a man hug!

Radarrob
09-20-2014, 06:52 PM
Rob, I better see you tomorrow! I need a man hug!Ill be there.My brother might come with me to check out what I do with the parking sensors.

Yellowcab
09-20-2014, 08:13 PM
PM will go out around 10 PM tonight.

Mirage
09-21-2014, 05:51 PM
I have a few updates from today. I spoke to Ivan on the phone and we went through several checks to ensure everything was setup correctly. We followed the procedure exactly as described in the document I posted here on RALF. Ivan had asked us to do a test drive down the road to ensure everything was responding without error. We performed the test first with the heads level during the alignment test the LI's were seeing cross talk. We then angled the heads up about 3 degrees. We ran the test again. This time no issues were reported on the road. (Video to follow tomorrow when I get home - in airport now). We then proceeded to test the first DragonEye Compact. We encountered little success. When then tried the other DragonEye Compact and it was met with even worse results. At this point, we decided to go back and re-test some of the other big issues we had with the other guns during the test on the previous day as it was apparent that 8.18 was still in need of work.

The Truspeed SX. All I can say is WOW this gun was a surprise. We had noticed several high PTs on the other jammers yesterday, but it wasn't cause for alarm until the ALP had an IPT against it. When the ALP was IPT'd we stopped testing. (This was a mistake as we later discovered). Had we tested further we would have discovered that the next run may have been fine as it was when we tested against the ALP the following day. We did run the Truspeed S against the ALP on the day of the test and it was JTG so the question was why did the LI and others have better performance when they were all alerting to Truspeed S? It became clear when I scoped both devices. There was a discrete difference in them which it appears after further testing EVERYONE missed (this will be clear in the user testing). I won't discuss here obviously because it's public. But it will probably become clear what is happening when the official results are posted on the RALETC site. LTI has started down the path of no return so expect more from them in future releases.

All in all we had 2 excellent days of testing with very enlightening results. All of the jammers performed had their own specific guns they need to address with future updates. As far as LI, RALETC will continue to work with them on these updates in hopes we can finally get these issues resolved for the LI fans. Thanks to all those who participated in the event and I'm looking forward to the next one. We will have results posted on RALETC in the coming days. We have to review the results from the LIVE blog and the recorded results on paper. Keep an eye out for those soon....

NYSpeederPVM
09-21-2014, 07:29 PM
I'm uploading dash cam footage of what seemed like the vpr of the tsx at work. My v1 alerted, paused, alerted, paused, alerted in a somewhat uniform rhythm. I'll let you guys decide if it means anything.

ECMExpert
09-21-2014, 07:33 PM
I'm uploading dash cam footage of what seemed like the vpr of the tsx at work. My v1 alerted, paused, alerted, paused, alerted in a somewhat uniform rhythm. I'll let you guys decide if it means anything.

What was time between pauses? Did any other RD units fail to alert to the TSX or have a similar issue?

I am thinking that the TSX is taking VPR to a whole new level with pauses and resets to confuse the receivers and parking sensors.

radargeek
09-21-2014, 07:40 PM
Interesting. Bear in mind the V1 has a max pulse rate it alerts to that's lower than the TSS's pulse rate, so a start-stop pattern, or a pattern where it skips every other pulse or something could cause the V1 to alert in a fashion such as this.

The V1 is inconsistent at alerting to the TSS for the same reason.

NYSpeederPVM
09-21-2014, 07:40 PM
http://youtu.be/JI8aF0mKAmk

I knew something was up right away on this run, the next run against the same gun I had a constant v1 alert, no breaks.

Lol just realized you can hear my confusion at the end, totally puzzled.

ECMExpert
09-21-2014, 08:05 PM

I knew something was up right away on this run, the next run against the same gun I had a constant v1 alert, no breaks.

LTI says it's the same as the TSs , but it also does crash mapping? I am wondering if there's much more to it than that: " The TruSpeed Sx not only sports the same features as the TruSpeed S, it has the addition of a built-in tilt sensor, giving this laser the ability to measure both horizontal and vertical distance for crash scene mapping."

NYSpeederPVM
09-21-2014, 08:09 PM
LTI says it's the same as the TSs , but it also does crash mapping? I am wondering if there's much more to it than that: " The TruSpeed Sx not only sports the same features as the TruSpeed S, it has the addition of a built-in tilt sensor, giving this laser the ability to measure both horizontal and vertical distance for crash scene mapping."
Is that really all it says? I mean it looks identical I just assumed it was a tss laying on the table. But really it just destroyed setups basically half the time. maybe they thought they'd keep it quiet so it wouldn't get sorted out by the jammer companies?

It mapped my crash alright.

ECMExpert
09-21-2014, 08:13 PM

Good stuff, interestingly, as the TSsx tries to get through the ALP , YOU CAN HEAR THE V1 cycling (alerting and then stopping) while the ALP MAINTAINS CONTINUOUS ALERTS.

NYSpeederPVM
09-21-2014, 08:17 PM
Good stuff, interestingly, as the TSsx tries to get through the ALP , YOU CAN HEAR THE V1 cycling (alerting and then stopping) while the ALP MAINTAINS CONTINUOUS ALERTS.
This is true, I had my firmware screwed up but not sure if it would have made a difference on this run but I was pt starting at like 1200 feet.

ECMExpert
09-21-2014, 08:18 PM
Is that really all it says? I mean it looks identical I just assumed it was a tss laying on the table. But really it just destroyed setups basically half the time. maybe they thought they'd keep it quiet so it wouldn't get sorted out by the jammer companies?

It mapped my crash alright.

Yes, they insists it's a TSs with crash mapping capability:

TruSpeed Sx
TruSpeed Sx
The TruSpeed Sx speed measurement and mapping laser offers the same ruggedized, waterproof case and features as the TruSpeed S but has the addition of a built-in tilt sensor, giving the laser the ability to measure both horizontal and vertical distance for crash scene mapping. Comes standard with a carrying case, neck strap, eyepiece cover, and 2 CR 123A Batteries.

Key Features of the TruSpeed Sx include:
Measures speed, slope distance and the degree of inclination
Offers 7X crystal-clear optics with in-scope data display
Clearly see in all lighting conditions
All-weather proof
Rugged exterior housing with tactile grips
Built-in tilt sensor
Illuminated scope for easy nighttime mapping
Integrates with LTI’s QuickMap® 3D field software

NOW AVAILABLE IN USA ONLY!

ECMExpert
09-21-2014, 08:22 PM
This is true, I had my firmware screwed up but not sure if it would have made a difference on this run but I was pt starting at like 1200 feet.

My thought is this on the sx. When it can't get immediate acquisition, it acts like a continuous mode shot and resets the pulse rate and that's what's causing the PTs and the V1 cycling.

NYSpeederPVM
09-21-2014, 08:27 PM
My thought is this on the sx. When it can't get immediate acquisition, it acts like a continuous mode shot and resets the pulse rate and that's what's causing the PTs and the V1 cycling.
But wouldn't it need at least 2 different pulse trains? If it started over wouldn't it be the same as the shooter releasing the trigger momentarily? It would still be jammed the second and following resets, it would need to start over with a different pps to confuse the jammers no? I'm really not as informed on these things so I know I might be missing something.

Err... actually I think I understand what you mean.

Jammer is expecting the next pulse at a specific interval, it comes slightly before or slightly after the expected time and wham it's "variable" and the jammer doesn't know what to do with it.

ECMExpert
09-21-2014, 08:34 PM
But wouldn't it need at least 2 different pulse trains? If it started over wouldn't it be the same as the shooter releasing the trigger momentarily? It would still be jammed the second and following resets, it would need to start over with a different pps to confuse the jammers no? I'm really not as informed on these things so I know I might be missing something.

A standard TSs in continuous uses the same pulse train, it just delays it as it reshooting the target. Apparently, the sx is using a different pulse train even on continuous mode , so yes, it's different ones, thus the variable pulse rates . It could shoot A pulse, stop, shoot C pulse, stop, shoot X pulse tech. Etc.

This is not new technology, but it's taking a play out of DETs book.

Mirage
09-21-2014, 09:10 PM
A standard TSs in continuous uses the same pulse train, it just delays it as it reshooting the target. Apparently, the sx is using a different pulse train even on continuous mode , so yes, it's different ones, thus the variable pulse rates . It could shoot A pulse, stop, shoot C pulse, stop, shoot X pulse tech. Etc.

This is not new technology, but it's taking a play out of DETs book.

You're close it's similar to the original TSS but they have modified the stops and all of the systems had issues as we later discovered. It was luck of the the draw if you got a bad run.

And for the record it is NOT VPR

ECMExpert
09-21-2014, 09:16 PM
You're close it's similar to the original TSS but they have modified the stops and all of the systems had issues as we later discovered. It was luck of the the draw if you got a bad run.

And for the record it is NOT VPR

Then it's the stops that are causing the issues ? I am thinking Mirage that the firmware is in fact different than TSs, more than just the stops. If I stop the TSs on a shot and then restart shooting, it confuses the software on the jammer.

Just asking, but are you sure it's not acting as a VPR?

itwasntme
09-21-2014, 10:17 PM
Thanks to all the RALETC team for an excellent, eye opening testing session. To say you guys are dedicated is an understatement and, it is GREATLY appreciated! Was hard to concentrate on getting all the runs in when everybody wanted to talk too.

As for the TSsx, the results were made even more confusing to me because I had good success with that gun. I had only one close range punch through just under 200ft. And while others had issues with the TSsx, I had a couple of punch throughs on the PL3 which I thought was a relatively easy gun to jam. There is plenty of PL3 around my area too. I knew my rear heads were not level and expected the likes of Yellowcab, Radarrob and Mirage to tear me up back there. But, I did think my front sensors were "pretty good," being tipped up only 3 or 4 degrees. Well I learned that just OK is not good enough sometimes. If you have a gun your a little weak on to begin with, or a big chrome beast like my Flex, you can't afford to start from a non level position. If your riding on the edge of the beam divergence and you hit a road imperfection, you can move up or, down just the few critical degrees that bring you outside your jammers return pulse coverage dimensions. WHAM! Punch through! So thanks for the wake up call guys, I'll be getting my setup as close to true level is as humanly possible in the next couple of days. I know it was exhausting for the shooters but, can't wait for the next testing session. So good to meet a great bunch of guys. Learned so much and, had so much fun.

Mirage
09-22-2014, 12:55 AM
Then it's the stops that are causing the issues ? I am thinking Mirage that the firmware is in fact different than TSs, more than just the stops. If I stop the TSs on a shot and then restart shooting, it confuses the software on the jammer.

Just asking, but are you sure it's not acting as a VPR?

100% sure I compared them side by side and they are identical except the stops. I'll put up an thread in advanced to show you what is happening.

RigToFly01
09-22-2014, 07:50 AM
The SX was a beast. It destroyed my setup which is usually rock solid due to the fact that the car is so small. I think it's great to have a gun that PT's people at these meets. It just goes to show that you are never 100% protected. The last meet we had it was the DALA #5. It tore me up. ALP updated. I tested it yesterday and I was JTG. So hopefully it will be the same with the SX.

specifics
09-22-2014, 08:43 AM
The SX was a beast. It destroyed my setup which is usually rock solid due to the fact that the car is so small. I think it's great to have a gun that PT's people at these meets. It just goes to show that you are never 100% protected. The last meet we had it was the DALA #5. It tore me up. ALP updated. I tested it yesterday and I was JTG. So hopefully it will be the same with the SX.

The gun I was hit by was the LRB after hearing the tone in TQ's car sitting on the top of the course... That SX is a tough gun but confidence is there that those seeking a solution are on top of it and it won't be long before RALTEC will figure it out and get much better results. Impressive inventory of guns present and awesome talent involved YC, Mirage.... Mad props for you guys here..... oh yeah.... the Cheesesteak might have been the most impressive.... lol

Mirage
09-22-2014, 10:39 AM
The gun I was hit by was the LRB after hearing the tone in TQ's car sitting on the top of the course... That SX is a tough gun but confidence is there that those seeking a solution are on top of it and it won't be long before RALTEC will figure it out and get much better results. Impressive inventory of guns present and awesome talent involved YC, Mirage.... Mad props for you guys here..... oh yeah.... the Cheesesteak might have been the most impressive.... lol

ALP has already addressed the SX. We have test firmware already. How is that for support?! I would expect a firmware update within 2 weeks. (There is a mandatory 2 week testing period to ensure nothing else is affected).

RedRocket
09-22-2014, 10:59 AM
The gun I was hit by was the LRB after hearing the tone in TQ's car sitting on the top of the course... That SX is a tough gun but confidence is there that those seeking a solution are on top of it and it won't be long before RALTEC will figure it out and get much better results. Impressive inventory of guns present and awesome talent involved YC, Mirage.... Mad props for you guys here..... oh yeah.... *****the Cheesesteak might have been the most impressive.... lolFunny you should mention this as I was targeted last night w/ an LR B myself,it must be some kinda "karma" b/c of all the great work that the Team accomplished this weekend.It didn't occur until the last 15min of the my run home just before midnight.The Trooper was well hidden ( w/ all lights out,ambush style behind a large off-ramp sign)...& of course AL-P saved my bacon,woo-hoo !(Radar encounters were many & not a problem to avoid)
*****-totally agree,that "Philly cheese steak" was off-the-hook delicious! (only thing could've made it better was if YC had picked up the Tab.hahaha)

ALP has already addressed the SX. We have test firmware already. How is that for support?! I would expect a firmware update within 2 weeks. (There is a mandatory 2 week testing period to ensure nothing else is affected).Eff-ing incredible! - :D

curmudgeon
09-22-2014, 11:03 AM
ALP has already addressed the SX. We have test firmware already. How is that for support?! I would expect a firmware update within 2 weeks. (There is a mandatory 2 week testing period to ensure nothing else is affected).

:hail::hail::hail:

Tman
09-22-2014, 11:57 AM
Hourra Team ...Incroyable ...Stupéfiant

specifics
09-22-2014, 12:11 PM

This is awesome news.... 2 weeks is incredible and just another reason why I switched to ALP's.....

crm
09-23-2014, 07:41 AM

That is what I call great response time! This is also one of the reasons that I switched coming from the blinders which is, really no updates to the ALPs which is, many updates. Thanks Mirage for all the hard work that you have been doing.:thumb:

itwasntme
09-23-2014, 08:50 AM
Funny you should mention this as I was targeted last night w/ an LR B myself,it must be some kinda "karma" b/c of all the great work that the Team accomplished this weekend.It didn't occur until the last 15min of the my run home just before midnight.The Trooper was well hidden ( w/ all lights out,ambush style behind a large off-ramp sign)...& of course AL-P saved my bacon,woo-hoo !

Eff-ing incredible! - :D

YESSS!!! Passed the last test of the "session".....the acid test!:whoo:

Christoph_Kohl
09-23-2014, 04:49 PM
I saw both of you passing me on the Jersey Turnpike. In fact you were even behind me for a split second.

I got painted on EB I-290 too, after the construction zone---wonder if it was the same guy...

RedRocket
09-23-2014, 06:10 PM
I saw both of you passing me on the Jersey Turnpike. In fact you were even behind me for a split second.

I got painted on EB I-290 too, after the construction zone---wonder if it was the same guy...hahaha - yeah,I'm a real speedfreak.Had to stop for gas fill-up after dinner,guess that's when you got ahead of me.Wasn't able to put the hammer down till I got to the Northern part of the Garden State Pkwy & traffic thinned out.From there it was Go-Time the rest of the way.
Yes,it was on I-290 just after the construction zone.A good choice the Trooper chose to ambush from...everybody speeds up to recover lost time from slow phuckers in the reduced PSL for "safety" purposes.