PDA

View Full Version : ALP Connect - Important JTK Information

BestRadarDetectors
08-27-2014, 10:53 AM
If you are being targeted and the system is Jamming and if you receive a notification or a phone call during the jamming period the ALP will continue to Jam but if you touch the screen or home button to read a notification or answer a call by touching the screen in any way, Jamming will get instantly killed.

If you are actively being targeted it is not wise not to answer phone calls or text messages while you are actively being targeted by a speed laser.

awj223
08-27-2014, 11:06 AM
Good info, even though I don't use ALP Connect. What would happen if you were to answer a phone call through a BT headset (by pushing the headset button) while actively jamming?

radargeek
08-27-2014, 11:55 AM
I would expect that a BT headset would just connect the call without affecting whatever app is running in the foreground. But then, I could be wrong, as my phone is a $17 flip phone...

Someone with a lidar gun or laser tester (to trigger ALP) and a 2nd phone (to call the one running ALP Connect) could test this in their driveway and find out.

awj223
08-27-2014, 12:11 PM
I would expect that a BT headset would just connect the call without affecting whatever app is running in the foreground. But then, I could be wrong, as my phone is a $17 flip phone...

Someone with a lidar gun or laser tester (to trigger ALP) and a 2nd phone (to call the one running ALP Connect) could test this in their driveway and find out.

Yes, but stuff like this should really be documented in the user guide. All of the corner cases and what happens if they occur.

beingaware
08-27-2014, 03:13 PM
Sounds like someone jtg Tom.