PDA

View Full Version : Any way to determine last gun I was tagged with?

Won Hunglo
08-24-2014, 04:56 PM
Would like to know what gun I got tagged with today. No options other than the basic ALP installed.

BestRadarDetectors
08-24-2014, 05:04 PM
Would like to know what gun I got tagged with today. No options other than the basic ALP installed.
Pull a statistics file.

Won Hunglo
08-24-2014, 06:15 PM
Pull a statistics file.

I can't get past step 3. Is this still the valid instructions? When I press NEXT 7 times then press ENTER, the LED does not turn white. Stays yellow. (When I hit Next, the LED turns white but I can't complete the steps to make the ALP create the file. Anyone record a How to [/B]Download Statistics Video for Dummies yet[/B]?.)

To Get the Stats:

1.Connect USB flash drive to the USB port in AL Control Box, or in USB extension cable,
2.Enter Yellow Menu by long press of MENU button,
3.Press NEXT 7 times then press ENTER (you will enter Service Code sub-menu and LED will turn white),
4.Now Press NEXT 2 times then press ENTER and wait for sound sequence to finish,
5.Again Press NEXT 2 times then press ENTER and wait for sound sequence to finish,
6.Once more press NEXT 2 times then press ENTER.
7.AL system will store your present settings and use statistics to USB flash drive by creating a file named Setup.alp. If file storing was successful the system will alert you with a short blue LED light. The AL system will exit yellow menu after a few seconds of being inactive.
8.Connect this USB flash drive to your computer.
9.Click Browse and find the Setup.alp file on your USB memory drive and press Upload.

awj223
08-24-2014, 06:37 PM
NEXT = Menu, ENTER = Power. Make sure that you wait for it to stop beeping before you press the next sequence of buttons.

BestRadarDetectors
08-24-2014, 06:59 PM
NEXT = Menu, ENTER = Power. Make sure that you wait for it to stop beeping before you press the next sequence of buttons.
X2 Maybe you are not waiting for the confirmations to stop. Never had a unit that stats did not work.

Won Hunglo
08-24-2014, 07:09 PM
Thanks for helping out guys. Giving up for the night before I tear something up. No telling what settings I may have changed trying to get this to work.

BestRadarDetectors
08-24-2014, 09:15 PM
I was out all day but if you want to call me I can walk you through it to see what you are doing wrong.

radargeek
08-25-2014, 06:37 AM
Maybe the process should be either simplified, or just automatic: plug in a USB drive and the ALP automatically copies a statistics file to it, anytime you plug one in.

Seems like an awful lot of button presses.

awj223
08-25-2014, 09:18 AM
Maybe the process should be either simplified, or just automatic: plug in a USB drive and the ALP automatically copies a statistics file to it, anytime you plug one in.

Seems like an awful lot of button presses.
Making it completely automatic is annoying. People will be complaining that they plugged a USB drive into their ALP and the ALP deleted their old stats file. The instructions, though, need to be clear that you need to wait for the ALP to stop beeping. The problem is you hit NEXT a bunch of times, then hit ENTER, and the ALP first pauses for 1-2 seconds, then emits more beeps, then stops again. During that initial pause, it's easy to go ahead and start hitting NEXT again (this is what happened to me the first time I tried to pull a stats file). To some people, a 1-2 second pause means that the sound sequence is finished. If they just programmed the ALP to keep beeping throughout that time, it would solve the problem. Most people won't push more buttons on a device that's still actively beeping.

Tman
08-25-2014, 11:10 AM
The system is complicated at first time , till one practices the sequence many times.

The good point about this sinuous way is you get a real good protection if cops
try to search your system to incriminate\find proof against you.

I know it is a mostly improbable scenario ...but better be safe than sorry.

I use 4 usb keys with color coding for each function.

Won Hunglo
08-25-2014, 05:20 PM
Ok. After a lot of cursing and throwing stuff, I got it. Seems I was not using the right buttons for Enter & Next. Doh!!!! I have to do a new setup as I changed my settings hitting the wrong buttons. No longer in dark mode. Strange thing: A lot of my gun counts are missing. Shows. Only 1 UL. That must have been the gun that tagged me yesterday. Thanks for the help guys! Video to come. :)

Device information

Serial number 867xxxx
Firmware version 4.3.6
Region North America
Power Cycles 408
Control Set FW version 3.1
Control Set HW version 1

Connected sensors

Connected sensors when manually memorized Front1, Front2
Connected sensor (actual) Front1, Front2

Settings

Audio Volume 5
Parking detection range 1
Silent Power-up Enabled
Dark Mode Dimmed
Parking enabled sensors Front1, Front2, Front3, Rear1, Rear2
GPS Antenna None
PDC Speed Limit NONE
Working mode Parking and Laser Interference Defense
Pro mode Disabled
LID Speed Limit NONE
Radar Antenna Model Not Connected
Radar Settings
LID Time Unlimited – Test purposes

Specific LID settings

Vitronic Poliscan
Speed scanner Enabled
Unicam Camera
Section speed control All sensors ON
NJL SCS
Speed-laser Enabled
Riegl
Speed-laser Enabled
Trafic Observer
Speed scanner Enabled
Stalker
Speed-laser Maximum Power

Alerts by Source Speed-laser

Marksman and UltraLyte 1
Atlanta SpeedLaser Stealth 0
Kustom ProLaser 1 0
Kustom ProLaser & ProLite 0
Redspeed SpeedGuard 0
Riegl 0
Stalker 30
LTI Truspeed 0
Unipar - SL700 0
NJL SCS 101 & 102 0
Jenoptik – Laveg 0
Leivtec XV 2&3 0
Laser Ally 0

Error Sensitive Lasers

Jenoptik LaserPatrol 0
Jenoptik TraffiPatrol XR 0
ProLaser 2 & Atlanta SpeedLaser 0

Speed Section Control

Camea - IR Camera 0

Speed Scanner

Traffic Observer 0
Vitronic Poliscan 1

Radar

K-band 0
Ka-band 0
X-band 0
POP 0
MultaRadar CD 0

Won Hunglo
08-25-2014, 05:21 PM

Thanks! You were right on.

Won Hunglo
08-25-2014, 06:13 PM
The hit: http://radarandlaserforum.com/showthread.php/5279-ALP-Cherry-Popped

Note: Who ever edited the serial number, you were not a kid of the 80's. It was Jenny's number!!! :rofl-1:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6WTdTwcmxyo