PDA

View Full Version : Lurk Mode = Off

icepick
08-20-2014, 12:32 PM
Greetings! Okay, time for my intro.

I am retired, live in middle Tennessee, and have an interest in CMs. Longtime RD user (I think I was 20 or so when I purchased my Passport), with a current and increasing interest in LIDAR. I have an interest in motorcycles, and will be outfitting one of my bikes with the ALP that arrived today (thanks Tom!). Since I live in a jammer banned state, my parking sensors will be mounted behind IR plexi to get as near to an invisible install as possible. I use Veil and other passive reflectivity reduction measures on the bike and anticipate outfitting a couple other vehicles as well. My current RDs are a Passport Max, Redline BS/RDR (thanks again Tom!), and a V1C with YaV1.

For testing, I have a Talon II and a Golden Eagle with both K and Ka antennas, as well as an old PL2 and a set of mil spec NVGs for examining 904nm reflectivity and finding "hot spots".

I'm looking forward to further expanding my CM knowledge with the shared wisdom of those here on the forum, and possibly making it to a meet - though all of them seem a bit of a drive for me.

curmudgeon
08-20-2014, 03:14 PM
Welcome to the forum. You sound like you are already quite knowledgeable and well equipped. Looking forward to some pics of the bike when you install

dinkydi
08-20-2014, 03:30 PM
welcome from Australia

oddpedestrian
08-20-2014, 03:36 PM
You got dragoncam down there too

icepick
08-20-2014, 04:17 PM
You got dragoncam down there too

Looks like a trip to Henry will be in order.

beingaware
08-20-2014, 04:57 PM
Welcome mate, look forward to having you here.

Yellowcab
08-20-2014, 05:10 PM
Welcome to the forum. Please share your knowledge and experience with us.

RedRocket
08-20-2014, 05:20 PM
Welcome to RALF,icepick.You're out in the boondocks w/o any Tester's nearby.Guess using friends operating your gear will have to do for the present.Nice Intro post,too.

icepick
08-20-2014, 05:29 PM
Welcome to the forum. Please share your knowledge and experience with us.

Hahahahah... hahahaha... haha. Allow me a moment to compose myself.

Anyone here is waaaaay ahead of me. Probably the most I'll be able to contribute will be to validate other's observations and do some comparative testing on my own. I will make it to a meet someday, though.