PDA

View Full Version : New Speed Cameras

winterbrew
08-18-2014, 08:09 PM
Thanks to Busta for spotting this one ;

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2014/08/19/new-technology-helps-police-target-speeding-drivers/

Thirteen digital mobile speed cameras systems will replace some of the existing analogue (film based) cameras currently in use.

The German-manufactured VPS camera systems operate on scanning LIDAR technology with lasers sweeping the road and precisely measuring the speed of up to six lanes of traffic travelling in opposite directions.
“These cameras have proven to be an effective tool in detecting speeding drivers in Western Australia and other jurisdictions around the world,” Acting Assistant Commissioner Keating said.

“They allow officers to deploy cameras at a broad range of speeding hot spots and measure vehicles simultaneously across multiple lanes and in different directions.”

The 'up to six lanes' from one camera is not correct, unless they're talking about using 2 camera at the same point on dual carriageway roads

I'm assuming they will buy all mobile units, and buy some roadside enclosures to mount the mobile units in like they do in WA. The fixed ones are the silver pillar type ones you see in Germany etc.

Remember if you're running Blinder HP-905's - these do not protect against the VPS (time for an upgrade) :)

BestRadarDetectors
08-18-2014, 09:59 PM
Keep them by you.... I really had these dam things.

Abarth695
08-19-2014, 06:56 AM
So did you read where they stated speed contributes 20%
So what are they doing about the 80% and what money can and do they raise from that.
Nothing, or very little because they know they can raise so much money so easily form the 20%
What a joke and they want us to believe it's not the money:greedy_dollars:

kjoy064
10-07-2014, 08:35 PM
Thanks to Busta for spotting this one ;

http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2014/08/19/new-technology-helps-police-target-speeding-drivers/

The 'up to six lanes' from one camera is not correct, unless they're talking about using 2 camera at the same point on dual carriageway roads

I'm assuming they will buy all mobile units, and buy some roadside enclosures to mount the mobile units in like they do in WA. The fixed ones are the silver pillar type ones you see in Germany etc.

Remember if you're running Blinder HP-905's - these do not protect against the VPS (time for an upgrade) :)

Saw something on FB where a guy driving and merging in Perth Kwinana FWY near south street heading north and the front facing poliscan flashed, first time i'd seen it flash. could be because they're only good for 3 lanes not the 4 where it's located. Could be hooked for the single closest lane exiting.

just food for thought!

Tman
10-07-2014, 09:19 PM
If they were really honest they would confess their stategy is a big fail ...
Good flow of traffic saves lifes ...artificially low psl causes accident\frustration\pollution but
produces a lot of cash flow.

It is just voluntary blindness.... i know i am preaching to believers :roflmfao:

September 2013
'' “As at midnight last night, the Queensland road toll was 201.
This is six more road deaths than at the same date in 2012 and 27 more than at the same date in 2010.
This is not acceptable.”
http://mypolice.qld.gov.au/blog/2013/09/19/lower-tolerances-in-speeding-crackdown/

winterbrew
10-07-2014, 09:26 PM
Saw something on FB where a guy driving and merging in Perth Kwinana FWY near south street heading north and the front facing poliscan flashed, first time i'd seen it flash. could be because they're only good for 3 lanes not the 4 where it's located. Could be hooked for the single closest lane exiting.

just food for thought!

Yeah, bear in mind though that our 'fixed' units in WA are actually just the PoliscanSpeed Mobile unit placed in a road side enclosure. The fixed ones referenced in the screen shot above, are the 'silver pillar' type ones you see in Germany.

The new one northbound on Kwinana at Fiona Stanley is just a mobile rear facer in the 1st box, and just a remote camera on the 2nd front facing box to capture face, and mobile/seatbelt offences.

That being said - could be interesting if you get a mobile unit just heading North out of Perth on the Mitchell where it starts at about 6 lanes across - which lanes do they choose to cover, and has anyone tried the emergency lane to see if they monitor that :)

kjoy064
10-08-2014, 01:24 AM
I didn't know that the Front facer at that location was only used for that! Cheers :)

winterbrew
10-08-2014, 02:21 AM
I didn't know that the Front facer at that location was only used for that! Cheers :)

Yeah, if you watch the Channel 9 vid in the following post, you'll see at one point, you can see the camera lens like I have posted above visible through the cabinet window ;

http://radarandlaserforum.com/showthread.php/4762-Another-Fixed-Freeway-Cam-(Poliscan)-for-Perth?p=26120&viewfull=1#post26120