PDA

View Full Version : When should I re-download setup.alp files after firmware update?

awj223
08-14-2014, 10:57 AM
I have some setup.alp files on various USB flash drives (one for Ka band only, normal use; one that enables K band, for if I'm driving through small towns; one for testing, that uses Pro Mode).

Every time there is a new firmware update, I am unsure about whether I should download new setup.alp files to replace the existing ones. When does the format of these files change, and when does it remain the same? For example, Pro Mode was added a while back, so I thought it was a good time to re-download everything. But what about with this latest update, or any future updates, for that matter?

BestRadarDetectors
08-14-2014, 11:10 AM
I have some setup.alp files on various USB flash drives (one for Ka band only, normal use; one that enables K band, for if I'm driving through small towns; one for testing, that uses Pro Mode).

Every time there is a new firmware update, I am unsure about whether I should download new setup.alp files to replace the existing ones. When does the format of these files change, and when does it remain the same? For example, Pro Mode was added a while back, so I thought it was a good time to re-download everything. But what about with this latest update, or any future updates, for that matter?

I keep a settings file on the USB drive that I use for updating and I just leave it there so that when I update the firmware it will load the setup file when done. If you already have the setup file there is no need to create another one just use the one you already have. Only time you will need to download a new setup file is if we make a change that will require new setup options but it will be noted with the firmware release that a new setup files is needed. No new setup file is needed for the latest update.