PDA

View Full Version : 53 year old habitual speeder in NORCAL

Banjoboy
08-05-2014, 09:18 AM
Howdy y'all,
I'm the banjoboy and I have "a speeding problem." (Least that's what the extortion police tell me.)
Since 1975 they've been telling me "speed" kills 'n I'm gonna run over women, children, and babies, butt that ain't happened in over 1 million miles in cars, trucks, and motorcycles. I say the pig gubment's full of sh!t! They just want us work'in stiffs ta pay fer their gravy train jobs 'n lavish bloated pensions. They can kiss my rebel ass!

FJR1300
08-05-2014, 10:50 AM
Welcome!
What type of countermeasures are you running? Vehicles?

curmudgeon
08-05-2014, 11:01 AM
Welcome. Great intro:encouragement:

NVR2FST
08-05-2014, 01:37 PM
We all know that operating a motor vehicle on public roads can be dangerous. You can get yourself, your loved ones or strangers hurt, maimed, or even killed.

Obviously, the greater the amount of time you spend driving on the highway the greater the amount of danger you expose yourself and others to.

So don't you think it would be wise to drive as fast as you possibly can so as to arrive at your destination in the least amount of time, therefore exposing yourself as well as others to the least amount of danger? (TIC) 😉

Posted with SwiftKey

RedRocket
08-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Wazzup Banjoboy & Welcome to the Forum.
There's likely a few cohorts to be found in these parts.

Yellowcab
08-05-2014, 10:02 PM
Welcome to the forum. We welcome you to participate in the discussions and feel free to ask any questions.

dinkydi
08-05-2014, 10:30 PM
Welcome from Oz

Banjoboy
08-06-2014, 10:13 AM
Thanks y'all. :thumbs2:
Welcome!
What type of countermeasures are you running? Vehicles?Uhhhh, none really; that's why I'm here. I have a crappy old Whistler (Maybe 18 yrs old?) but it's worthless on a good day.
The extortion pigs have been upping their game fer years, leaving me behind in the stone age. Just downloaded Waze, now I gotta figure out how to use it. Then I gotta choose an RD.
Got me an '07 FJR AE (Looks like yer avatar Butt w/ out the V1.) '07 FZ^, (Purdie much mah dirt bike.) 'n a '13 Tacoma, so I'll be look'in fer something moto friendly.

FJR1300
08-06-2014, 12:11 PM
Thanks y'all. :thumbs2:Uhhhh, none really; that's why I'm here. I have a crappy old Whistler (Maybe 18 yrs old?) but it's worthless on a good day.
The extortion pigs have been upping their game fer years, leaving me behind in the stone age. Just downloaded Waze, now I gotta figure out how to use it. Then I gotta choose an RD.
Got me an '07 FJR AE (Looks like yer avatar Butt w/ out the V1.) '07 FZ^, (Purdie much mah dirt bike.) 'n a '13 Tacoma, so I'll be look'in fer something moto friendly.

Cool, did you come over from ADV forum? Your avatar and writing style looks like someone I've seen post over there.

Banjoboy
08-07-2014, 08:05 AM
Cool, did you come over from ADV forum? Your avatar and writing style looks like someone I've seen post over there.Yep, ADV and the FJR forum. :eyebrows:

FJR1300
08-07-2014, 08:28 AM
Stalker!
Well you came to the right place for research, but in a nutshell it's either V1, RedLine or Stir+. Nothing worth having is waterproof but a ziplock bag and a rubber band worked just fine for me and the V1 is surprisingly tolerant of the occasional bath, even the concealed display.

Banjoboy
08-08-2014, 07:50 AM
Stalker!
Well you came to the right place for research, but in a nutshell it's either V1, RedLine or Stir+. Nothing worth having is waterproof but a ziplock bag and a rubber band worked just fine for me and the V1 is surprisingly tolerant of the occasional bath, even the concealed display.Dang, ya caught me! I joined RDForum too, so I can stalk there also. What's your handle at ADV?
This RD shopping is overwhelming. I was leaning towards a V1, cuz my buddy uses one, and it picks up the extortion pigs from way, way, way out. (Riding into a canyon, he picked one up 'bout 3 miles away!) Butt, I like the sound of be'in "invisible" to radar detector detectors too. and then there's the bike friendly Adaptiv....

FJR1300
08-08-2014, 08:48 AM
The adaptiv is not going to be anywhere close to the performance of a V1 or Redline. The number one feature obviously has to be detection range/sensitivity, which basically eliminates all but those two in a portable mount rd. The Max might possibly be an option though multiple testing by members on both forums show it to be behind the V1 & RL plus that display will wash out in the bright light environment of a bike mount.

The clincher for me in the V1 is the YaV1 app, check that out if you haven't already, this turns the V1 into a really quiet detector and puts a pop up display (or foreground if wanted) onto an android phone which then gives you audio into your helmet via bluetooth. You'll find that audio alerts are vital for immediate notification when riding, visual display can't be monitored nonstop and is too easy to miss a short I/O blip.

VA & Canada are the only legal concerns for rd detectors, and there isn't really any hiding the rd itself on a bike unless you do remote mount. You could hide a w/shield mount behind a fairing but I'd be concerned about a loss of range.
I'm incognito2u on adv, I read way more than I post over there though.

Banjoboy
08-08-2014, 09:59 AM
I mostly just ride in Northern Kalifornia; not concerned 'bout Canada or Va. What kind of Bluetooth device do you have in your helmet? I do have a droid, and just downloaded Waze, so I've been playing w/ that.
I don't post much on ADV anymore either; they dun banned me for bashing BMWs in a thread titled BMW vs Jap bike. WTF? (Had a BMW 'n it was the worse POS I ever owned!)

FJR1300
08-08-2014, 10:08 AM
Just mentioned the VA/CAN deal since you were concerned about rd detectors.
Using a Sena SMH10R which is the small slim version.
Haha, yep they do love their BMWs over there!

oddpedestrian
08-08-2014, 10:56 AM
I don't know I'm thinking this is some kind of joke that I won't entertain.

Banjoboy
08-09-2014, 08:58 AM
I don't know I'm thinking this is some kind of joke that I won't entertain.Hey he said SMh10 not S&M! Come on in, the water's warm. :roflmfao: