PDA

View Full Version : Older AL Jammers

Vortex
07-26-2014, 12:35 AM
I'm not too familiar with AntiLaser as a company. Could you guys share some background on their older products, their history, and so forth? I'm curious about the evolution of their different jammers, how the different generation of jammers fared, how they compared to the competition, and so forth. :)

Thanks!

winterbrew
07-26-2014, 01:40 AM
Have a look at the news archive page on the antilaser.info site;

http://www.antilaser.info/?page_id=12

There's some good info that goes back to 2006 on there.

Vortex
07-26-2014, 02:13 AM
Have a look at the news archive page on the antilaser.info site;

http://www.antilaser.info/?page_id=12

There's some good info that goes back to 2006 on there.

Thank you. :) I read thorough those and it gives primarily updates as they add support against various lidar guns.

I suppose I'm most curious about the main benefits of the different generation of jammers... ie. switching from LED's to diodes, smaller heads, going beyond lookup tables like the ALP to better support VPR guns, and whatever the changes were between the G7, G8, G9, and all the different flavors of AL's earlier jammers.

deano
07-26-2014, 02:14 AM
I can only give you some insight from there G8 /G9RX /ALP I never owned there G6

as for sensitivity (laser detection ) there seems to be no difference between all 3... G8 G9 and my ALP they all use 4 laser detecting diodes and sound alerts seem to be instant no time delay like the LI has the AL alerts as soon as the trigger is pulled

the ALP is supposed to have a much better degree angle of protection IE laser diode out put from there older G8 and G9 but I haven't noticed any difference testing all 3

size of the heads of the ALP compared to the G8 and G9 is unreal I like the size so bigger isn't allway better

sound alerts on antilaser pro mode works well on both the G9 and ALP the G8 pro mode is all done through the LED although these tones are just tones no voice alert but any laser is a threat but the ALP can alert through a stupid mobile phone and high fi module but an extra cost

the G8 and G9 had a usb port for a wireless cheater system not for updates ..updates where done through memo cards that got sent out to AL users ..how ever when I purchased my first ever laser jammer the G8 got told that it was future proof from a shop hear in perth ..2 years later theY bring out the poliscan the G8 was rendered useless.... at this same point of time antilaser in crotia (denise) sent me out a free sample to try... this was a duel G9RX this was a gift from AL for showing there previuse model the G8 on u tube

this G9 I had received for free covered me for my older G8 that was now usless for Australia ...I thank them very much (A BIG THANKS TO ANTILASER )

ALP all updates are done through a USB and very easy no memo cards no removing of CPU no hard work involved removing cpu and removing screws to install a new chip (but it for me it was fun)

I ran the G8 for 3 years and the G9 for 4 years not one single false alert ...I now have the ALp installed on my rear I have had 2 false alerts but many times driving through a bottle shop.. some thing to do with IR camera another with the silly cruze control systems just wish we could isolate these 2 things

flip side with owning AL products in the past im talking about G8 and G9 was lack of knowledge there manuals where straight forward and there where many other hidden features but needed the net and forums to find this info .....it also took antlaser hundreds of years to update there web sight ..so one needed to keep emailing antilaser every 6 months to see if I was still protected .......good job there custumer support was very good

since the ALP has hit the scene things are looking up I have noticed even though I had registered my older products but every time there is a new update I now get emails so I don't miss any thing

I have to add testing the 905 /LI and /antilaser

LI /G9 and ALP are king in western Australia at this current moment

deano
07-26-2014, 02:24 AM
infact I need to add...... some from this forumtold me in a topic on the other forum that cliff worked at antilaser and moved onto making better jammers HA HA I wonder what happened there

Vortex
07-26-2014, 02:43 AM
Very helpful! Thank you deano!

When you mentioned you weren't getting any falsing, I got really excited, but then you mentioned you've gotten some with the ALP... It'd be nice if I could shut laser off on the V1 to help with falsing because Mazdas, Infinitis, and Volvos like to drive it nuts.

deano
07-26-2014, 03:46 AM
I think with the no falsing with the G8 and G9 it wasn't to far advanced ..as newer guns are coming out jammers need to expand and search for every thing ..I can also confirm this as I have mounted each jammer temporarily I still like to play around while testing at work but had no falses while driving through bottle shops ...I cant confirm about laser guided cars behind me as I didn't drive with them on

but if AL would have a list on what we can detect to switch on and off that would be the final touches of AL falses as we can look onto satistcs and see what we have been hit with im guessing there already working on it from my experience

here is a vid of a false I had while waiting to be served some drinks I have used the same shop for 7 years and I asked them have they installed any thing new they said no also the 2nd false was a car pulling up behind me sorry about the music but you can hear the slight tone but the music does over power it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RIdugw-LSBo

deano
07-26-2014, 03:58 AM
also I forgot to mention for those that run AL products they will never start up while there detecting lidar either in warm up or constant ...while detecting a lasr hit in warm up delays the 1 min warm up period

if its a constant lidar hit while in warm up period or constant when we switch the AL on the AL will not arm its self until the threat has cleared ...

this has been a pain for me in the past where a car behind me wants to give me falses... I find it really hard to re arm my system after a kill ...I have learned from my falses let them run the course don't switch them off.... as the false could behind you for how ever long other wise you will be constantly switching on and off

the ALP needs to iron some creases out on the false alerts but other wise very smart jammer

on the flip side none of the AL products have giving me sun light falses not like the 905 and my LI

so in reality the ALP is actually alerting to a real lidar hit but still a false

as for ALP they really did it when they jammed the dragon other wise its just another full time expensive antilaser parking aid... as for my ALP it will never jam the dragon I need to change some vital things first ..cant say what but im kind of ok about it but kind of pissed about it .....but basically a hole new system if the dragon comes out here

so from now on im not going to be a lab rat and jump in to purchase first the ok part of me is because the dragon isn't here YET

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 06:37 AM
also I forgot to mention for those that run AL products they will never start up while there detecting lidar either in warm up or constant ...while detecting a lasr hit in warm up delays the 1 min warm up period

This is no longer the case with the skip initial warmup. The unit will go into defense immediately after start up if you enable this option.

deano
07-26-2014, 07:52 AM
BRD you own a lidar gun try switching on the ALP but also at the same time shoot lidar let me know what happens in constant mode or warm up mode

what im saying is if I where to switch on my ALP while there is lidar present I actually have my ALP infact all my jammers are set to constant mode all antilaser products will not arm up while there is lidar present

so for a quick test pull the trigger on your lidar and hold it then turn on your ALP

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 07:58 AM
BRD you own a lidar gun try switching on the ALP but also at the same time shoot lidar let me know what happens in constant mode or warm up mode

what im saying is if I where to switch on my ALP while there is lidar present I actually have my ALP infact all my jammers are set to constant mode all antilaser products will not arm up while there is lidar present

so for a quick test pull the trigger on your lidar and hold it then turn on your ALP

Correct.. But if you start your vehicle and give it 2 seconds to start-up it Jams immediately. You are concerned that you are being hit before you even start your vehicle? I really dont see an issue here?

deano
07-26-2014, 07:59 AM
now that you have done the test can you see what I mean

so if I have an infiniti behind me giving me a constant alert how would I re arm my system (even in constant mode ) ..problem solved I either need to travel faster to get away from the threat or let him past

I was more on about falses not actually getting hit with a real lidar

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 08:02 AM
now that you have done the test can you see what I mean

so if I have an infiniti behind me giving me a constant alert how would I re arm my system (even in constant mode ) ..problem solved I either need to travel faster to get away from the threat or let him past

I still guess I dont follow your concern. You are concerned that when starting your system there will be an infinity car behind you and their system will be on so you will not be protected until you drive away? Aren't you starting your system automatically when you get into your vehicle?

deano
07-26-2014, 08:12 AM
BRD are you fucking with me

read the thread

lets start from the beginning

im travelling down a road or perfect example I driving home from work my rear ALP has been armed for more than 10 minutes

but then an infinniti pulls in behind me as where still driving down the road ..I then get a false ...one thinks its a real threat so I jam to KILL ...I realise there is no threat so I try to re arm my rear ALP but of course the infinniti is travelling behind me ...im in constant mode when there is a slight brake in road conditions and the ALP sees no threat the rear ALP will arm its self back up but then the inffiniti gets closer ..there I have another false so I then switch back off ...then switch back on and some times its took over 2 minutes to rearm REASON BEING BECOUSE THE FALSE IS STILL BEHIND ME

its a proven fact as this is actually happened to me before

brd im not knocking ALP I understand where your coming from and your going to stand your grounds for ALP but its a knowing fact for all of antilaser products to do this don't worry its not an ALP default

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 08:30 AM
BRD are you fucking with me

read the thread

lets start from the beginning

im travelling down a road or perfect example I driving home from work my rear ALP has been armed for more than 10 minutes

but then an infinniti pulls in behind me as where still driving down the road ..I then get a false ...one thinks its a real threat so I jam to KILL ...I realise there is no threat so I try to re arm my rear ALP but of course the infinniti is travelling behind me ...im in constant mode when there is a slight brake in road conditions and the ALP sees no threat the rear ALP will arm its self back up but then the inffiniti gets closer ..there I have another false so I then switch back off ...then switch back on and some times its took over 2 minutes to rearm REASON BEING BECOUSE THE FALSE IS STILL BEHIND ME

its a proven fact as this is actually happened to me before

brd im not knocking ALP I understand where your coming from and your going to stand your grounds for ALP but its a knowing fact for all of antilaser products to do this don't worry its not an ALP default

I understand where you are coming from but this is not an ALP issue. If you were using LI's for example and you had an infinity behind you the only difference would be that you might think you are protected but while any Jammer is receiving a false it can not alert to a real threat at the same time. The way to solve this would be to have each head monitoring individually and that might be something that can be done in the future.

Here is an AL notice that was posting somewhere last year on this topic:

It has come to our attention that increasing number of new vehicles come equipped with some kind of integrated external Laser Emitting systems! This systems usually perform automatic cruise control functions like keeping the constant distance to the vehicle ahead (LCC), or safety functions like automatic braking for anti-crash purposes.

These Laser systems are scanner LIDARS that measure speed and distance of objects around the car JUST like the police LIDAR is measuring speed of your car. These systems operate on similar frequency and exact same light wave as police LIDARs. Because of that they will cause any LIDAR detector or defense system like ALP, LI, and HP to receive their signal and will interfere with receiving other signals at the same time.

According to our tests NO system ALP, LI, HP is able to correctly detect or block police LIDAR while receiving Volvo, Mazda, Infinity signals. ALP system will unlike LI, HP tell you that it is blocked by LCC by Red error signal or Green not blinking correctly by our advanced self-test protocol. LI or HP will not indicate that they are blocked but will FAIL to block police LIDAR without any kind of alarm!

This problem is particularly obvious when customer tries to mount ALP, LI, and HP system on Volvo, Mazda, and Infinity car. With our system it is noticed right away that problems exists while with other HP, LI systems first notice will be a ticket. When detector or defense is used on such car it will constantly receive signals from LCC LIDAR on that car and will not work correctly.

We have acknowledged this problem and have in the works for some time now a method that will make possible for such vehicles to use ALP system without interference from LCC.

The reason the ALP is not going into defense in these situations for you is so that you are informed that there is some interference going on. Its better for you to be aware that you are currently not being protected then to ignore it and make you think you are protected. For vehicles that have these Laser systems in their vehicle AL will soon release the LCC Module which will allow an ALP to be installed in your vehicle and give you full protection.

deano
07-26-2014, 08:34 AM
not just ALP but all antilaser products skip to 1.11 where I jam to kill my rear G9 @1.29 the rear G9 was bleeping an error tone it would not power up @1.37 you hear beep beep G9 now rearmed

just imagine this if there was a car behind me constantly setting off my rear ALP the ALP would stay silent where is the G9 bleeped an error tone to let you know there is some thing wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5HYp2LjDjg

deano
07-26-2014, 08:42 AM
totally agree with the systems not working with police lidar while its detecting another source but what I was trying to state is that trying to re arm a system while the threat is still there it near on impossible

lucky for me I don't see many of these laser based system on Volvos and other cars but when I do they let me know about it makes my drive home feel a little un easy an annoying

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 08:45 AM
not just ALP but all antilaser products skip to 1.11 where I jam to kill my rear G9 @1.29 the rear G9 was bleeping an error tone it would not power up @1.37 you hear beep beep G9 now rearmed

just imagine this if there was a car behind me constantly setting off my rear ALP the ALP would stay silent where is the G9 bleeped an error tone to let you know there is some thing wrong

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5HYp2LjDjg

But the ALP is acknowledging that there is interference because its not going into defense mode. would you rather think that you are currently protected or know that you are not protected at the moment? I just tested this on the ALP.. I power it on while its being targeted, It does not go into defense because of the interference at start-up. The second the interference stops the unit goes into defense mode. The ALP is doing whats its designed to do and let you know at the moment you are not being protected.

In cases where there are known false alerts from specific vehicles while you are already in motion and the system was already started and the ALP recognizes the false the LED will turn Red to let you know of the interference but will not give off an alert since its not a threat. Once the LED goes off you are back to being protected.

deano
07-26-2014, 09:04 AM
I wasn't stating that I would be protected nor I wasn't stating that it will jam a real lidar threat while its detecting a false you stated this

how ever I was only stating that all and yes all of antilaser will not power up while under a threat

how ever the G8 and G9 will not detect laser based cruse control so I never had this false so antilaser isn't telling you every thing... as far I was aware I was driving around protected who knows if the G8 and G9 did detect these systems but it never alerted hense I never had any falses for so many years

im not argueing with you about what ALp does and doesn't do im sure you will win as your the seller of ALp im not going to fight to death for a jammer that will have a life span of 4 to 5 years

but from my point of view Australia only had 9 second jam time and only recently we can skip 1 minute warm up ...you could see how frustrating this was while trying to re arm .... bad enough waiting for 1 minute let alone to cop a false then back to 1 minute warm up ..lets say I just copped 5 falses from the car behind me that's a total of 5 minutes wait time 1 minute warm up each time I had a false if not longer if the alp was detecting a threat so in 5 minutes of driving how far did I travel ...I spend near to $2000 on a rear ALP but for those special 5 minutes I couldnt use my $2000 system because one false costed me 1 minute every time

how ever Australia still has the 9 second only and we can skip first warm up but the second warm up and the rest still count I can tell you what though its a pain in the ass

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 09:15 AM
I wasn't stating that I would be protected nor I wasn't stating that it will jam a real lidar threat while its detecting a false you stated this

how ever I was only stating that all and yes all of antilaser will not power up while under a threat

how ever the G8 and G9 will not detect laser based cruse control so I never had this false so antilaser isn't telling you every thing... as far I was aware I was driving around protected who knows if the G8 and G9 did detect these systems but it never alerted hense I never had any falses for so many years

im not argueing with you about what ALp does and doesn't do im sure you will win as your the seller of ALp im not going to fight to death for a jammer that will have a life span of 4 to 5 years

but from my point of view Australia only had 9 second jam time and only recently we can skip 1 minute warm up ...you could see how frustrating this was while trying to re arm .... bad enough waiting for 1 minute let alone to cop a false then back to 1 minute warm up ..lets say I just copped 5 falses from the car behind me that total of 5 minutes wait time 1 minute warm up each if not longer if the alp was detecting a threat

We do not have restrictions here and as you know the Jam time is under control of the distributor in your country. I cant speak for that because I have different opinions but that is what is it and the US & Canada customers do not have these issues. If they want their ALP's to constantly be in defense mode they are entitled to and the second a threat passes or false alert occurs they are back in defense mode. These settings are specific to the region and every region has their own rules.

deano
07-26-2014, 09:25 AM
if I was to purchase a US CPU will this work in Australia and what would happen if I update the unit from my computer ?

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 09:36 AM
if I was to purchase a US CPU will this work in Australia and what would happen if I update the unit from my computer ?

You would not get coverage for guns in your area. All units are region coded so US units cant be used in other countries.

Tman
07-26-2014, 10:17 PM
Anyone knows why precisely the Aussies are not entitled to unlimited , i understand it is the distributor
decision ...is there any past events that triggered that decision .

Deano perhaps Aussies are not adult enough ....:boink:
wait till you are tall ...my father's saying :disillusionment:

deano
07-26-2014, 10:35 PM
even when AL jammers like the G8 and G9 where sold here in Australia we only had 4 to 8 seconds ..we could over ride this to constant but needed the net and forums to seek out hidden features ..the G8 and G9 was programmed to a flash code on the LED light

as you know the ALP is all region coded ..how ever I do have a unlimited key so constant mode on the ALP isn't a problem at the moment ...

my best geuss is that its not a bad thing to have jammers set from the shop to a auto shut down this does stop allot of dick heads doing silly things

maybe one of the reasons and a big reason that jammers are still legal to own and use in western Australia only

on the other hand your correct im not tall but have big wide shoulders to carry any thing that any one throws at me LOL

shanetrainST
07-26-2014, 10:54 PM
What gets me the most about the Australian FW missing unlimited is the fact that if you did a 9sec jam... Thats a JTG
So it may as well be all or nothing....

Australian FW is limited to 9sec Max.

One thing I do like is that the older G9RX sensors work with the ALP CPU, and even some of the tiawan clones do too ;-)

deano
07-26-2014, 10:55 PM
I also need to add from the topic and this goes back to AL not powering up while there is interference present ..it was annoying for me yes I wont deny that I knew what was triggering my false because of my CM experience

but I probly should of worded my words better

If a false like mine where I could not re arm my system for more than a few minutes because the false was still present if a newbie or some one unfamiliar with antilaser products may think his system as just died or it has a glitch

deano
07-26-2014, 11:15 PM
for some laughs I have have just covered over 4 of my rear sensors only one head active level and straight ..very impressed with the jam with a single head ..my front quad LI I have disconnected 3 of the sonsors one head level and straight ..just waiting for the wife to prank call me as she went to the shops I have no idea how how good a single head LI will be

I will post a video soon

deano
07-27-2014, 03:14 AM
http://radarandlaserforum.com/showthread.php/5006-single-rear-ALP-single-front-LI-v-compact