PDA

View Full Version : New ALP Prices Effective 8/1

BestRadarDetectors
07-21-2014, 02:18 PM
Please note that since we starting carrying the ALP's our cost for them has gone up around 10% but we have keep prices the same. On 8/1 we will be raising some prices to offset the price increases to us.

Current Price for AL Systems are are $499.95 for a Single System (1 CPU & 1 Sensor) which is $249.95 Each Component. We have been doing each additional head for +$200
New prices as on 8/1 will still be $499.95 for the Single System but it will be +$249.95 for each additional sensor. All accessory prices will stay the same.

shanetrainST
07-22-2014, 12:40 AM
I take it that there will be no adjustment in price here in Australia from Tim @ DGC? They are already 500$AUS a sensor retail, I Dont think too many people would want to pay any more than 500$ for just 1

deano
07-22-2014, 03:52 AM
I take it that there will be no adjustment in price here in Australia from Tim @ DGC? They are already 500$AUS a sensor retail, I Dont think too many people would want to pay any more than 500$ for just 1

don't kid yourself im guessing when the dala reaches Australia and ALP is the only one to work well we have no choice but to pay ..I think for me I would rather pay the speeding fine as at the moment I only see 1 handheld once a year infact its been 2 years since my last handheld attack

back when they sold the G9 they where also 500 for one head (this was head only no CPU )

tim already told me once he has imported all of his stock and payed for the duties he isn't making much so yep im guessing this will also affect us

dinkydi
07-22-2014, 04:13 AM
Yep un fortunately Tim has his hands tied, when importing stuff there's to many greedy fingers in the pie, remember talking to Jezz about importing, being the only success full product on the market, just hope Tim keeps his head
Nice avatar

BestRadarDetectors
07-22-2014, 07:19 AM
Yep un fortunately Tim has his hands tied, when importing stuff there's to many greedy fingers in the pie, remember talking to Jezz about importing, being the only success full product on the market, just hope Tim keeps his head
Nice avatar

I dont think Tim will raise prices. He still has some nice margins. We held the prices the lowest we could to try to get the product moving and competing in the US market. We are only raising the sensor prices on additional sensors. We were already selling the heads and CPU's for $249.95 ea. (Single Kit was $499.95) but we discounted the additional heads to $200 and that is the discount that is going away. So on a Dual the price is only going up $50 from $699.95 to $749.95 - We would love to keep the prices low but its not possible. Our costs are very high and I am sure we are paying probably 30% if not more in costs then the competition pays to import their products and we are running on very low margins.

coolest35
07-23-2014, 05:18 PM
Such a shame, couldn't necessarily afford it at the price that it is now.. just going to make it $150 harder to afford now. ($50x3).

BestRadarDetectors
07-23-2014, 05:23 PM
Such a shame, couldn't necessarily afford it at the price that it is now.. just going to make it $150 harder to afford now. ($50x3).

Contact us when you are ready and we will see what we can do for you.

fire65
07-23-2014, 07:18 PM
I said this before. The more you praise them the more you will pay. Cost should go down, not up.

BestRadarDetectors
07-23-2014, 07:39 PM
I said this before. The more you praise them the more you will pay. Cost should go down, not up.
If you have nothing nice to say you can go troll elsewhere. We have been selling the ALP at the lowest price worldwide. The ALP is a very high end product and its worth every penny.

Current 2 Head price is $699.95 and after 8/1 it will be $749.95 which is still the lowest price in the world.

Here are some examples:

2 Head System in Australia $1195 (Approx $1100 US)
2 Head System in Canada $849 Canadian (Approx $800 US)
2 Head System in Germany $899 Euro (Approx $ 1200 US)

We have just been selling them at razor thin margins to allow the product to enter the market, We could not do that forever and there is a reason the products cost as much as they do worldwide because they cost a lot to produce. The ALP is made with the best components available at the highest standards, The engineering and R&D that goes into the product is very costly. Its by far the most advanced system on the market and its worth its money.

FJR1300
07-23-2014, 08:14 PM
Classic, Tom offers to work with a prospective buyer on price, then gets a low blow in the next post.
This is why good retailers with great CS are a dying breed...they eventually get burned out and do something less stressful and more rewarding.

Tman
07-23-2014, 09:03 PM
Fire , the thing is this system is not like a refrigirator\tv\radio , there is a brain in it (firmware) and those people
need bread on their table so they keep a decent living .

In fact the prices went down compare to the Al g-8 which was $ 900 for a dual a few years ago + shipping
cost of $ 150 directly from Croatia.

Name me a product that will make you save $ and trouble ...well unless you abide by psl all the time .

You could start a rent-a-jam , you install the Alp and collect based on the saves : Pay-Per-Save ...
you will become rich in no time :cheerful:

64pvolvo1800
07-23-2014, 09:38 PM
Tom, save your breath and don't engage the troll. You have a great product and being manufactured overseas puts you at a disadvantage to the dollar from the world market at the start.
Introductory prices to gain market share make sense but they cannot last forever or the vendor will not last long.
The cost of everything goes up and this is no different.
It costs money to afford bad habits and this is a great bad habit to afford. If you can't run with the big dogs then stay on the porch as they say, fire.

Thank you Tom.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GotWake
07-24-2014, 03:11 PM
The thing is if you can't afford CMs, you can't afford a ticket. So, drive the speed limit until you can afford it.

Make a quality product with great CS and sell it at a profit is the name of the game. There will always be people that won't buy it. Those people will never be your customer and there's no need to pander to them.

indytoatl
07-25-2014, 09:28 AM
The problem with these counter measures is life expectancy. They are becoming obsolete faster & faster. Anyone that paid $900 for Blinder or LI system a year ago is S.O.L

BestRadarDetectors
07-25-2014, 09:37 AM
The problem with these counter measures is life expectancy. They are becoming obsolete faster & faster. Anyone that paid $900 for Blinder or LI system a year ago is S.O.L

They also bought a product that had already been out for several years.

curmudgeon
07-25-2014, 10:01 AM

But you can upgrade:rofl-1:

http://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=36917&p=482754&viewfull=1#post482754

64pvolvo1800
07-25-2014, 10:07 AM
iPhone, laptop, camera, pick your poison, same thing.

lugnuts
07-25-2014, 11:08 AM
well that sucks but I understand why. I was going to wait till over the winter or next spring to upgrade so it looks like I will need to save up a bit more.

GotWake
07-25-2014, 11:48 AM
Personally, I want to see products evolve and progress. Could you imagine still having a product that still uses a serial port...... Oh wait.

Vortex
07-25-2014, 03:37 PM
Seems to be the nature of the beast. Lidar guns are evolving and so jammers need to as well.

Fortunately if you run a set of jammers for a while, they will pay for themselves. Plus you get the peace of mind that you can't put a price on.

In an ideal world, you'd buy a set of jammers once and they'll be upgraded forever for free so you always have current protection and cool features being added.

It is a PITA to switch systems, the financial costs, having to rewire everything, redo control switches, learn new menus and buttons, have different sized heads which would suck for people who've cut their grills, and so on. Ideally we could use the same system forever.

I'm not that familiar with Antilaser, but even they have released new systems over time too.

Who knows what's coming down the line in terms of necessary updates, but I'm sure we've all got our fingers crossed hoping that the ALP's will stay up to date as long as humanly possible so we don't have to keep switching systems. :)

BestRadarDetectors
07-25-2014, 03:47 PM
Who knows what's coming down the line in terms of necessary updates, but I'm sure we've all got our fingers crossed hoping that the ALP's will stay up to date as long as humanly possible so we don't have to keep switching systems. :)

The ALP was built on a modular platform so that users can expand and add the options and features that they want. There are no plans for a new version and we expect the ALP to remain active for a long time. We are still working on many industry firsts like the LCC adapter to finally keep all the Laser Guidance features working in the new cars and use a Laser Jammer at the same time.

indytoatl
07-25-2014, 07:04 PM
It's all relevant to how deep your pockets can go. Over the last couple years I switched from ZR3's to ZR4's to LI, now to ALP. In the past, $200 or $300 per car was okay but not $1000+. I only have one car protected now & I will leave the others w/o this time.

BestRadarDetectors
07-25-2014, 09:11 PM
It's all relevant to how deep your pockets can go. Over the last couple years I switched from ZR3's to ZR4's to LI, now to ALP. In the past, $200 or $300 per car was okay but not $1000+. I only have one car protected now & I will leave the others w/o this time.

Prices really have not changed in the last 6+ years on this stuff. LI's even in 2008 were $700 for a dual system and today 6 years later the website price is $699.95. ZR3's and ZR4's are not even in the same ballpark as far as performance and were based on old LED equipment and they could never be updated. LSP's and Blinders are the cheapest at $599.95 for a Dual and you really get what you pay for.

FJR1300
07-25-2014, 09:15 PM
Speeding is optional, avoiding police detection is optional. This is akin to me bitching about Ferrari's pricing on the 458 Italia that I desperately want but can't afford...first world problems man!

awj223
07-25-2014, 11:07 PM
The ALP was built on a modular platform so that users can expand and add the options and features that they want. There are no plans for a new version and we expect the ALP to remain active for a long time. We are still working on many industry firsts like the LCC adapter to finally keep all the Laser Guidance features working in the new cars and use a Laser Jammer at the same time.

I don't think an LCC adapter is a viable solution to the problem. AL must make its jammers immune to interference from LCC. Otherwise, what happens to me when I'm near a car with that feature? Sure the LCC adapter helps him, but I'm screwed.

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 06:43 AM
I don't think an LCC adapter is a viable solution to the problem. AL must make its jammers immune to interference from LCC. Otherwise, what happens to me when I'm near a car with that feature? Sure the LCC adapter helps him, but I'm screwed.

Problem is its not a false alert. A false alert to me is a false from the sun, etc. and the ALP does an awesome job at eliminating those. The LCC adapter is designed to allow people with vehicles to run Laser Defense. Other systems might seem to be working in these vehicles but as the Vehicle is sending its signals the Jammers are not defending. This will be the first of its kind so the ALP knows when the vehicle is sending out interference and also it will keep monitoring anything new incoming at the same time. The ALP has the least false alerts of any system and they are working on ignoring the rest. If you are not in an area that uses Poliscan turning it off will basically eliminate any false alerts. I keep it on any see a false at most 1-2 times a month.

awj223
07-26-2014, 12:03 PM
Problem is its not a false alert. A false alert to me is a false from the sun, etc. and the ALP does an awesome job at eliminating those. The LCC adapter is designed to allow people with vehicles to run Laser Defense. Other systems might seem to be working in these vehicles but as the Vehicle is sending its signals the Jammers are not defending. This will be the first of its kind so the ALP knows when the vehicle is sending out interference and also it will keep monitoring anything new incoming at the same time. The ALP has the least false alerts of any system and they are working on ignoring the rest. If you are not in an area that uses Poliscan turning it off will basically eliminate any false alerts. I keep it on any see a false at most 1-2 times a month.

So what happens if I'm following near a vehicle using LCC and I get hit with LIDAR at the same time? Will my ALP alert to the LIDAR and defend against it?

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 12:09 PM
So what happens if I'm following near a vehicle using LCC and I get hit with LIDAR at the same time? Will my ALP alert to the LIDAR and defend against it?
If the vehicles LCC was interfering it would let you know.

awj223
07-26-2014, 12:42 PM
If the vehicles LCC was interfering it would let you know.

At least that's better than no alert, but it still doesn't solve the problem that the guy with LCC on his/her car can use his/her ALP so long as he or she has the LCC module, but mine is rendered inoperable. LIDAR guns obviously aren't the only source of 904nm radiation, and jammers need to be aware of this (and need to be designed to tolerate such interference while still being able to jam guns). Jammers should be able to differentiate between LCC and LIDAR and jam LIDAR even in the presence of a car with LCC, without any special modules, which in any case only work for the guy causing the interference.

What does the LCC alert sound like? I don't think I've ever gotten an alert, so maybe my ALP already knows how to filter that stuff out?

64pvolvo1800
07-26-2014, 04:43 PM
My alp didn't alert TO my Volvo City Safety laser, but it was squirrelly as to whether it would alert to anything or maybe alert once and then go stupid and never stop alerting.
I discovered this by turning the DC power on but car off and testing. Everything was perfect. Then I started the car and places a cardboard over my laser sender/sensor by the RVM. Again all was well. Uncover the RVM and it went stupid.
I just taped over the City Safety eyes and alp is happy. LCC is not on my car but that would be a royal pita.

BestRadarDetectors
07-26-2014, 08:06 PM
My alp didn't alert TO my Volvo City Safety laser, but it was squirrelly as to whether it would alert to anything or maybe alert once and then go stupid and never stop alerting.
I discovered this by turning the DC power on but car off and testing. Everything was perfect. Then I started the car and places a cardboard over my laser sender/sensor by the RVM. Again all was well. Uncover the RVM and it went stupid.
I just taped over the City Safety eyes and alp is happy. LCC is not on my car but that would be a royal pita.

ALP already knows that the Volvo's are false alerts and it will not alert to them but if its receiving interference from one the LED will flash Red to let you know its receiving interference. See this post:

http://radarandlaserforum.com/showthread.php?p=28264

deano
07-26-2014, 09:56 PM
what car is it that actually does alert I have had a few cars behind me that actually triggers my ALP but I ve never noticed what kind of car as I cant see out my rear window

just wondering if the Volvo was to trigger the ALP and the led alerted what would happen if we missed the led would it still jam a real lidar threat

64pvolvo1800
07-27-2014, 04:18 AM
Infinity does it to me