PDA

View Full Version : Another Fixed Freeway Cam (Poliscan) for Perth

winterbrew
06-25-2014, 12:21 AM
New one on the Kwinana heading north near Fiona Stanley Hospital ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQbJcMTCsxo&list=UU_a-tB5cm3Z7WrRSNtYB6jA

Take a look around 46 - 50 secs in the vid. First shots its front facing, next shot its rear facing.

Take a look at this picture ;

Have a look at the foundation - unlike the others (bolted down to concrete slab), it looks like this could be reversible to be front or rear facing, and to vary the angle across the road if required.

beingaware
06-25-2014, 12:40 AM
Its possible that it turns.

Odd that its not like the round poles like they have in Germany etc...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

winterbrew
06-25-2014, 01:43 AM
Its possible that it turns.

Odd that its not like the round poles like they have in Germany etc...

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Yes, from what I understand, the fixed 'silver pillar' type you see in Germany etc are only for permanently fixed Poliscans, and cannot be moved out for mobile duties.

What we have here are 'accessory' road side steel cabinets that allow a mobile poliscan to be quickly installed/removed as a fixed cam, and then returned to mobile duty ;

winterbrew
06-25-2014, 01:49 AM
Was just thinking - why do they want it forward facing, when all the other fixed cams are rear facing, as rear facers catch motorbikes as well that don't have front plates, and are much harder to detect than front facers.

Problem is, rear facers don't get the drivers face close up shot, so don't also pick up the no seatbelt and mobile phone use that they've just started ticketing for on the front facing mobile cams :)

winterbrew
06-25-2014, 07:45 PM
Someone on perthsc.com mentioned that there seems to be two cameras being installed at this location (front and rear facing)

Therefore it looks like it will be the Poliscan with 2nd remote camera, to capture front and back shots, which they originally touted on the first promo TV clip on Riverside Drive.

If you watch the Channel 9 video clip above, at one point you can see through the roadside cabinet viewing window, and the camera lens you can see looks like the picture from Vitronic above for the remote cam.

I guess then, that the primary cam will be in the rear facing cabinet you pass first, and photograph the rear if your're speeding, and the other remote cam in the front facing cabinet will capture a front photo for driver identification, mobile phone and seatbelt offences.

shanetrainST
06-25-2014, 10:59 PM
How long is it going to be before some gives the camera lens on it a veil paint job lololol

winterbrew
06-27-2014, 03:54 AM
Did a recon mission this afternoon ;

1st cam active rear facer, 2nd cam front facing remote cam to capture driver picture and mobile phone, seatbelt offences ;

Close up of front facing 2nd remote cam (note visible red flash unirts installed);

Close up rear shot of 1st rear facing active cam (note white flash units installed);

Rear shot of 2nd remote front facing cam, and complete installation;

Looks like about 45m between cams

shanetrainST
06-27-2014, 04:47 AM
Have you attempted to JTK it yet? Even though its going to be the same as the rest of them lol

Shall we wait for Policscan Part 40???

Its always nice when the add stuff like this that is operator-less, means you can lots of hot passes at it without suspicion lol

winterbrew
06-27-2014, 04:51 AM
It's not switched on yet :)

Supposed to start revenue collection in 2 weeks, although they're usually switched on for commissioning a week or so before

Be interesting to see if the others are retrofitted with the 2nd cam

ignitionss
06-28-2014, 03:19 AM
I saw them doing the wiring for this last week.Was takin gmy car for service in Bibra Lake. Of course the number plate flash units wont be affective unless you have them front and back. Another thing is the anti IR covers, wont work as these are not only IR sensitive. They are fixed however, so it really is only the stupid that will speed here.
I wonder if they will use the layout for mobile use. I would be thinking that this is a trial of the technology.
Make you consider the effectiveness of a LJ on the system. Perhaps it adds weight to having dedicated LI for the front, and another for the rear. Bloody cat and mouse game!!!

dinkydi
06-28-2014, 03:41 AM
More for the coffers., oops keeping us safe on the roads :eyebrows:

deano
06-28-2014, 04:10 AM
I passed this today but how did they do this

I have seen poliscans back to back on ocean reef road but not like this

I wondering how would one camera not interfear with another as there both scanning across paths

but this would be a good test when both are up and running for hot passes = and no 8 over LOL no flash with one pass defeat 2 cameras

beingaware
06-28-2014, 07:06 PM
Probs only one camera with the speed detection, the other camera is there to snap your mugshot :)

deano
06-28-2014, 07:21 PM
that's actually a good possibility as there are to many drivers swapping points

just wondering if there where to poliscans we speed through once we get flashed front and rear wonder if we get 2 infringements

back years ago it was very hard to find a poliscan as they where trialling them but I seen 2 poliscans back to back the first poliscan was to capture the front but the 2nd camera was to catch on the rear

but never seen them set up like this before where the first camera is to capture the rear

winterbrew
06-28-2014, 09:53 PM
Probs only one camera with the speed detection, the other camera is there to snap your mugshot :)

Correct, the front facer is just the remote cam in a box that I posted a picture of earlier in the thread.

The poli is in the rear facer

beingaware
06-28-2014, 10:22 PM
I don't understand why people would speed past fixed speed cameras....?
Eg here in Brisbane, the Airport link has like 50 signs warning you that speed cameras are in use inside the tunnels, plus when you get within 80m of the cameras, you can see the reflector markings with your head lights.... Yet people still get fined in record numbers....

winterbrew
06-29-2014, 08:09 PM
Attached is the data sheet for the remote cam setup (Vitronic now require you to register on their site to download these) ;

It's basically the same setup as this, but in the roadside enclosures. Front facer is a remote camera only to capture mugshot, seatbelt and mobile phone use

winterbrew
07-27-2014, 05:24 AM
It's up and running now ;

http://www.perthnow.com.au/news/western-australia/perths-fixed-speed-cameras-not-switched-on-all-the-time-because-they-create-problem-for-police-minister-liza-harvey-says/story-fnhocxo3-1227003224608

When asked why the five fixed cameras weren’t operational all the time, Ms Harvey said the number of infringements issued “created a problem” for the police department.

“It does create a large volume of infringements that need to be processed which created a problem,” she said. :)

More like they generate more revenue hidden behind a bus stop or bush out on mobile duty, than when in these roadside enclosures that most people know where the are

dinkydi
07-27-2014, 04:25 PM
marvelous how the words fit in, just say sneaky $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$