PDA

View Full Version : Raletc stalker xlr testing

Yellowcab
05-30-2014, 10:48 AM
This morning, RadarRob and I did some Stalker XLR testing against Laser Interceptor firmwares 8.16 and 8.16A. We used two versions of the Stalker XLR, one that predates the Stalker's anti-jammer firmware that we had used previously in other laser jammer testing, and a newer Stalker XLR that has the new anti-jammer firmware. The good news for Laser Interceptor and their users is that all runs were JTG. :applouse:

We also tested the Antilaser Priority firmware that is going to be released on June 5, against the both versions of the Stalker XLR and the new firmware was JTG on all runs. :thumbs2: We do have HUD video of two of the runs and I will post them later tonight.

TOMMYJR9
05-30-2014, 11:05 AM
Yessssss :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jaguar
05-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Does this IPT on HP-905's?

BestRadarDetectors
05-30-2014, 02:18 PM
Does this IPT on HP-905's?

Just connected one to find out for you:

Blinder HP-905:
No Alert (Stalker XLR w/Anti Jam Activated)
No Alert (DragonEye Guns w/ECCM Activated)

Mirage
05-30-2014, 02:21 PM
I believe the proper term is NO ALERTO!

Vortex
05-30-2014, 02:27 PM
Just connected one to find out for you:

Blinder HP-905:
No Alert (Stalker XLR w/Anti Jam Activated)
No Alert (DragonEye Guns w/ECCM Activated)

Thank you. I just shot Leon a message. We'll see what he says regarding update possibilities for the unit.

Won Hunglo
05-30-2014, 02:41 PM
I believe the proper term is NO ALERTO!

Disapointo!!!

BestRadarDetectors
05-30-2014, 02:49 PM
Thank you. I just shot Leon a message. We'll see what he says regarding update possibilities for the unit.

Being that its a simple VPS Pattern I do not see a problem with them updating in the future to add this firmware. The problem is going to be going forward, I am sure Stalker is already aware that this firmware has been defeated so you can bet they are going to release a different Pattern on new models if they have not already started doing so :concern:

Tman
10-04-2014, 02:04 PM
Being that its a simple VPS Pattern I do not see a problem with them updating in the future to add this firmware. The problem is going to be going forward, I am sure Stalker is already aware that this firmware has been defeated so you can bet they are going to release a different Pattern on new models if they have not already started doing so :concern:

Sorry if i am not up to date ...

Question : does Li 8.16A jams all the known\latest Stalker Xlr\Xs version as of today .
A friend Li user , says he is confident against the recent acquisition of Stalker Xs
by the Qc staties ...should he be confident he is protected 100 %

thanks.

Mirage
10-04-2014, 04:17 PM
The full answer is LI does NOT jam all versions, but it DOES jam the latest version. So depending on when the guns were acquired the LI user maybe ok. That's why we haven't removed the video showing the failure.

Tman
10-04-2014, 06:26 PM
The full answer is LI does NOT jam all versions, but it DOES jam the latest version. So depending on when the guns were acquired the LI user maybe ok. That's why we haven't removed the video showing the failure.

Those are canadian version sold by https://www.mega-tech.com/stalker/laser/index.html

Would it help to record the next encounter i have against a Xr\Xs ?

Thanks Mirage for the feedback.

Mirage
10-04-2014, 06:54 PM
Those are canadian version sold by https://www.mega-tech.com/stalker/laser/index.html

Would it help to record the next encounter i have against a Xr\Xs ?

Thanks Mirage for the feedback.

If you can record one that would help identify which version it is and then we can tell you if LI handles it. ALP handles all the versions we tested.

Tman
10-04-2014, 07:37 PM
If you can record one that would help identify which version it is and then we can tell you if LI handles it. ALP handles all the versions we tested.

I will get ready , so if\when the occasion arises a little usb key will be put to work :popcorn:

When in record mode , does the Alp also register the encounter in statistic ?

Mirage
10-04-2014, 07:39 PM
That I'm not sure. Will have to test to confirm. BRD might know the answer.

Tman
10-05-2014, 03:14 PM
That I'm not sure. Will have to test to confirm. BRD might know the answer.

I run it today but no luck.

While in record mode the system bips red quite often for no reason \ car-nocar-obstacle-no ...

I checked it at home with Li tester , chose TruS Cam , i noticed 3 files on the usb though i triggered 1 time.
If any interest i can send them.

For the stat it dont show any new shot = no stat in record mode...but i have to test again to be 100% sure.

Mirage
10-05-2014, 03:18 PM
That's pretty much what I expected.

Tman
10-05-2014, 04:34 PM
I checked again , no stat .

Here an example of the bip situation , nothing to worry about , just curious why ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSiV-rTaZds&feature=youtu.be

That's pretty much what I expected.

Mirage
10-05-2014, 05:46 PM
hmm I haven't seen that but I also do most of my recording in my driveway. BRD will respond when he can but will probably be sometime tomorrow before you get a definite answer.

kasher1979
10-07-2014, 09:05 PM
just curious but can anyone record from their alp or do you have to have a special setup to. do it. looks interesting.

kasher1979
10-07-2014, 09:08 PM

I guess that answers my question I had a few weeks back. I wonder if there is a specific reason why LI can't jam them all? are the older ones harder to crack?

BestRadarDetectors
10-07-2014, 09:12 PM
You just need a USB Drive with a special file on it and it will turn the ALP into a recorder. It will not allow you to go into defense mode while recording so its not something that you will drive around using unless you happened to see an officer shooting something that the ALP did not alert to and wanted to swing back and capture a recording. We also have several people that use the recorder to capture data from new vehicles with cruise systems so we can learn these systems to make sure the ALP does not give you false alerts to these vehicles in the future.

BestRadarDetectors
10-07-2014, 09:17 PM
I guess that answers my question I had a few weeks back. I wonder if there is a specific reason why LI can't jam them all? are the older ones harder to crack?

Because AL has constantly been investing in new guns to catch all new changes when they come out. Its very expensive to buy just about every firmware from every gun and keep buying them hoping not to get duplicates which does happen but its the only way to make sure everyone is protected. If you do not do this you miss several versions and can only protect against the ones you know of leaving customers unprotected from the others.

kasher1979
10-07-2014, 09:25 PM
Because AL has constantly been investing in new guns to catch all new changes when they come out. Its very expensive to buy just about every firmware from every gun and keep buying them hoping not to get duplicates which does happen but its the only way to make sure everyone is protected. If you do not do this you miss several versions and can only protect against the ones you know of leaving customers unprotected from the others.

Yeah its about a round the clock job it seems anymore. No procrastination in this business is there?

That's cool about the recordings and nice that AL can do reliable updates with recordings too. That help a bunch with these updates I am sure.

Tom Maybe you should start a rental service to testers after you have the fixes from all these guns you have to buy. Seriously it might help you with the cost. We were actually just discussing how helpful rental places can be.

BestRadarDetectors
10-07-2014, 09:38 PM
Yeah its about a round the clock job it seems anymore. No procrastination in this business is there?

That's cool about the recordings and nice that AL can do reliable updates with recordings too. That help a bunch with these updates I am sure.

Because they were late into the game in the US market the recorder was very helpful in the beginning because I was able to acquire and record many Dragon guns from RALETC members which was great, I had manged to get several missing versions on my own and coupled with many guys out there in the beginning stages just driving around and recording everything, AL has the largest collection of guns of which many they never even had in their own hands. We also have several members in high Dragon areas in both the US & Canada where Dragon was being rolled out and they made several laps to get shot on many occasions so we could build up the biggest and most complete collection. It only takes popping in the USB Key and within a seconds its ready to record. Take the USB Key out and you are back to regular mode.

oddpedestrian
11-17-2014, 09:36 PM
http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/17/071b426a647d8f7c6c68fdb405b21cb0.jpg

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/11/17/ce6cb4e6cf647a9b5eadfcc5dc5d3ba7.jpg

More of these in jersey

Qui-Gon
11-20-2014, 02:02 PM
That's one serious piece of hardware. Very lightweight and very deadly.

midd
11-22-2014, 03:52 AM
I guess its a good thing I don't drive on the streets of woodbridge very often. Stay on the major highways for now while the NJSP still use Ultralytes.