PDA

View Full Version : Okay is this a lie or what? Cell Ph App to manipulate what reading you get Hmm?

melbVt
05-25-2014, 04:05 PM
Somehow as a owner of Stalker Dual I say Not possible,
However I cant test it as I don't use a smart Ph, ( Smart Ph went slow mental last time gave up )
Well I'm tempted to test however different radar guns different frequencies etc K band k.a band x band Hmmm
Thoughts?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ON18JGflKgw

radargeek
05-25-2014, 04:55 PM
Do you have a link to the app?

I've seen computer-based applications that can be used with PC speakers to test a radar gun by aiming it at the speaker while it plays a doppler tone corresponding to the speed you want to display.

It's only useful for short range testing (1-2 feet), not for "jamming".

Lucky225
05-26-2014, 04:17 PM
Do you have a link to the app?

I've seen computer-based applications that can be used with PC speakers to test a radar gun by aiming it at the speaker while it plays a doppler tone corresponding to the speed you want to display.

It's only useful for short range testing (1-2 feet), not for "jamming".

Yeah, I took my laptop with me and plugged it into my car stereo and we went to a speed sign one time and blasted the tuning/calibration frequency right near the thing trying to see if the 'your speed is' would light up. Not a damn thing. You literally need to be within inches of the radar horn for it to work.

Vortex
05-26-2014, 04:49 PM
I don't see this working at all, especially when trying to overpower the return signal of a legit reflection.

Does anyone have a name of the app? I'm guessing it's in the Cydia app store.

Yeah, I took my laptop with me and plugged it into my car stereo and we went to a speed sign one time and blasted the tuning/calibration frequency right near the thing trying to see if the 'your speed is' would light up. Not a damn thing. You literally need to be within inches of the radar horn for it to work.

heh, I've done that too and it doesn't work, even if you move the fork towards the sign to create some directional information. With a normal radar gun you can display a speed with a tuning fork or speaker, but I think speed signs have some filtering to look for only really strong signals and so they'll filter out weak signals from tuning forks.

ignitionss
05-31-2014, 04:32 AM
Sounds like the Bluejammer.... in an app!!

BestRadarDetectors
05-31-2014, 09:05 AM
$4.99 for an app seems like a quick way to make some quick money.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk