PDA

View Full Version : Stalker LZ1 operators manual needed Please Help!

melbVt
05-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Hello fellow members of RALF the best place on the web!
Well my Lz1 has arrived and sadly it's in Miles Per Hr can someone assist me in changing it to KM, & or email me the manual if someone kindly has a copy I'd much appreciate it!
Thank You again
Melbz

Radarrob
05-08-2014, 09:42 AM
Hello fellow members of RALF the best place on the web!
Well my Lz1 has arrived and sadly it's in Miles Per Hr can someone assist me in changing it to KM, & or email me the manual if someone kindly has a copy I'd much appreciate it!
Thank You again
MelbzThere will be nothing in the manual on how to change it.The unit will have to be sent to manufacture to be set to kph.

BestRadarDetectors
05-08-2014, 09:43 AM
There will be nothing in the manual on how to change it.The unit will have to be sent to manufacture to be set to kph.

Here is the manual if you want it for other reasons: http://radarandlaserforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=659

shanetrainST
05-08-2014, 09:59 AM
Keeping it MPH is a good thing, helps when you want to resell it :) its not hard to convert MPH to KPH in your head

melbVt
05-08-2014, 11:13 AM
Okay so far thankyou for all your input, BRD Shane & RadarRob!
Strange on RDF well I cant snoop into the site I found this in google clearly stating there is a how to change from KPH to MPH on RDF, Anyone still allowed there without getting the terrible firewall msg or ignored each time you try contacting Admin Typical RDF
3 - Radar Detector & Laser Jammer Forum
http://www.rdforum.org/showthread.php?t=6178&page=3
Mar 7, 2012,
If someone can head over there and have a sus out of the how to threads that would help, I would be so happy if I don't need to take it in to factory to have set to KPH,
Sorry if I seem to be a pain though google is driving me,
By way had some real fun tonite , I shot my Bel STIR+ radar head which also has laser receiver built in from 1200 FT and got alert on Bel Stir+ was in the dark with headlights on
Thankyou for your help I find this site really helpful!

BestRadarDetectors
05-08-2014, 11:33 AM
Found the thread you were probably looking for. Not sure if it works...

For the 9 button version.

Turn on the gun.

1. Press the “Sen” key.
2. Immediately, press the “SPEAKER” key.
3. Immediately, press two keys at the same time. The two keys are the “LOC/REL” and the “SQL”

That should get you into the internal menu. Be careful here as every button has a different function in the radar.

4. Now you can toggle between KPH and MPH by hitting the “SQUELCH” button.
5. When you have what you desire, PULL THE TRIGGER! That locks the value in

For the 7 button version

1. Remove the 4 screws holding on the top plastic cover.

2. Carefully separate the top cover from the unit.

3. With the unit facing forward as you would use the radar, locate the two jumper pins on the left circuit board. They are at the front of the unit, on the top.

4. Short the two pins together and power on the unit, then remove the jumper.

5. The LCD should read one of the following SEn 13, SEn 14, SEn 15, or SEn 16. You are now in the setup menu.

6. Press the "SQ" key to toggle between KPH and MPH. When KPH mode is active, the letter M (presumably Metric) will be displayed on the top right of the screen.

7. Power off the unit. Your settings have been saved.

melbVt
05-08-2014, 11:46 AM
Here is the manual if you want it for other reasons: http://radarandlaserforum.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=659

The link above is invalid! Opps Please when you can post the link again
Thankyou

BestRadarDetectors
05-08-2014, 11:48 AM
The link above is invalid! Opps Please when you can post the link again
Thankyou

Just clicked it and it downloaded the PDF right away. What message did you get?

melbVt
05-08-2014, 12:02 PM
I keep getting this error msg = VBULLETIN MESSAGE
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

BestRadarDetectors
05-08-2014, 12:16 PM
I keep getting this error msg = VBULLETIN MESSAGE
Invalid Attachment specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator

Maybe because it was originally posted in a secure section. I will upload it again in a few minutes in this public area.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

BestRadarDetectors
05-08-2014, 12:40 PM
Found the thread you were probably looking for. Not sure if it works...

For the 9 button version.

Turn on the gun.

1. Press the “Sen” key.
2. Immediately, press the “SPEAKER” key.
3. Immediately, press two keys at the same time. The two keys are the “LOC/REL” and the “SQL”

That should get you into the internal menu. Be careful here as every button has a different function in the radar.

4. Now you can toggle between KPH and MPH by hitting the “SQUELCH” button.
5. When you have what you desire, PULL THE TRIGGER! That locks the value in

For the 7 button version

1. Remove the 4 screws holding on the top plastic cover.

2. Carefully separate the top cover from the unit.

3. With the unit facing forward as you would use the radar, locate the two jumper pins on the left circuit board. They are at the front of the unit, on the top.

4. Short the two pins together and power on the unit, then remove the jumper.

5. The LCD should read one of the following SEn 13, SEn 14, SEn 15, or SEn 16. You are now in the setup menu.

6. Press the "SQ" key to toggle between KPH and MPH. When KPH mode is active, the letter M (presumably Metric) will be displayed on the top right of the screen.

7. Power off the unit. Your settings have been saved.

Let us know if these instructions above work. And here is the Manual.... 1829

winterbrew
05-08-2014, 07:10 PM
Okay so far thankyou for all your input, BRD Shane & RadarRob!
Strange on RDF well I cant snoop into the site I found this in google clearly stating there is a how to change from KPH to MPH on RDF

My understanding is that the above can only be done on the Euro models originally sold in km/h, and also the Gen I doesn't have the button that you need to press in the instructions that BRD posted. As Rob said, I thought the USA models cannot be converted by the user, although I don't have a Gen II to try the button combination to see if it works, and I don't know if I want to risk trying the 7 button instructions :)

melbVt
05-08-2014, 07:38 PM
Thanks BRD you pointed me in correct direction Its was done by pressing a combination of just pressing buttons For real! I tried power on Time/Distance then Max then pulled trigger then power off then kept trying different combo's and wow it's now in KPH and stupid silly me wasn't alert to combination pressed,
So yes somehow Ive changed it as last night it was in MPH and now i shot a car and now it reads Km ,
Ive been in contact with the stalker service centre they can certify/ and update to latest release of firmware to stop the E03 msg
Last night I detected 1 jammer only over 2hrs of use!
My Bel Stir+ I only have the radar laser antenna plugged in no Z4's or shifter pro's and last night I got alert from 1200FT away and its behind mesh!
Thanku RadarRob, BRD , Winterbrew I keep on the lookout for info etc ,
I LOVE IT ,
GONE SHOOTING BACK SOON !

My understanding is that the above can only be done on the Euro models originally sold in km/h, and also the Gen I doesn't have the button that you need to press in the instructions that BRD posted. As Rob said, I thought the USA models cannot be converted by the user, although I don't have a Gen II to try the button combination to see if it works, and I don't know if I want to risk trying the 7 button instructions :)

winterbrew
05-08-2014, 08:08 PM
Good news - I might open up my Gen I and have a play now :)

melbVt
05-08-2014, 10:50 PM
Good news - I might open up my Gen I and have a play now :)

Sorry to get you all excited FAIL no luck LOL! It is still in MPH yet I can see KPH when I turn it on, I tagged a cars in 60KM zone and was averaging 35 to 45MPH = 60 to 70MPH

Now I tried taking photo to show difference as I don't have squelch etc found a good pic of th3e same keys to give everyone a clearer Idea,
I think I mite need open it up and try the pin thing ,
Will sus it out as in the box came sheet paper saying it has Metric operation Setup menu selectable,1855

winterbrew
05-08-2014, 11:32 PM
melbVt do you have the Gen I like as shown in the picture above, or the Gen II with gold buttons (and the extra button) ?

Mine's a Gen I as per the picture above

winterbrew
05-08-2014, 11:38 PM
Here's a vid from one of the RDF guys on how to change the EU km/h version to measure in mph ;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MQZ30_4mQ8c

melbVt
05-08-2014, 11:52 PM
melbVt do you have the Gen I like as shown in the picture above, or the Gen II with gold buttons (and the extra button) ?

Mine's a Gen I as per the picture above

Thats is exactly the same as mine yes it must be a Gen 1

melbVt
05-09-2014, 12:01 AM
#3 CHEERs for winterbrew! CHEERS Cheers Im in KPH

winterbrew
05-09-2014, 12:09 AM
#3 CHEERs for winterbrew! CHEERS Cheers Im in KPH

So just to summarise;

You've got a Gen I with flat buttons (no menu button), as per your post above
You followed the YouTube video, but pushed the 'Time/Dist' button on the Gen I, instead of the 'menu' button on the Gen II in the key press sequence
You're now in km/h

:)

winterbrew
05-09-2014, 03:42 AM
Yes, confirmed working also on my Gen I mph unit from USA. Follow the video above, and for a Gen I press 'Time/Dist' instead of 'menu'

When going from mph to km/h, you'll also have to press 'min' twice after 'hud light' so that 'kph' appears in the display.

melbVt
05-09-2014, 06:24 PM
:cool-new:
Yes, confirmed working also on my Gen I mph unit from USA. Follow the video above, and for a Gen I press 'Time/Dist' instead of 'menu'

When going from mph to km/h, you'll also have to press 'min' twice after 'hud light' so that 'kph' appears in the display.

Here is the Mannual from STalker https://drive.google.com/file/d/0ByjV-Y8F2JK-U1REcDNERW42WnVLd3gtY3RuWThLV1FRRlRr/edit?usp=sharing

I suggest if you ever need any info about your radar or lidar email them the serial number as long as it is not hot they will happily trade direct with you,
Even has time distance instead of menu etc ,
The gun went to applied concepts 2 years ago for service calibration

Great days ahead O happy Days!

Thank You BRD Radarrob and Winterbrew and anyone else I forgot to thank for solving this issue,
I've downloaded the video and manual and keeping it safe!

winterbrew
04-20-2017, 11:31 PM
I've downloaded the video and manual and keeping it safe!

Bit of a bump ...

Melb - have you still got a copy of that video ?

The original is no longer available on youtube, and I never bothered to write down the key press sequence

melbVt
04-25-2017, 12:19 AM
Bit of a bump ...

Melb - have you still got a copy of that video ?

The original is no longer available on youtube, and I never bothered to write down the key press sequence

Sadly I no longer kept the download,
I suggest p.m Radarrob,
Sorry can't be of help I can tell you there is no need to open it.
Try calling Stalker I've heard they will walk you through process, Tell them you use it for Go Karts track days.

winterbrew
04-25-2017, 02:01 AM
Sadly I no longer kept the download,
I suggest p.m Radarrob,
Sorry can't be of help I can tell you there is no need to open it.
Try calling Stalker I've heard they will walk you through process, Tell them you use it for Go Karts track days.

Thanks - I've already done mine a while back (Gen I, mph to kph), so no problems, but thought it would be good to re-post the info for other members