PDA

View Full Version : 2 short Bips ?

Tman
04-09-2014, 03:28 PM
This is not a big problem , though i am curious of this behavior .

While driving i get today from time to time and for a short period : 2 small bips while in blue mode ...
then it can be hours before it goes again .

BestRadarDetectors
04-09-2014, 03:41 PM
This is not a big problem , though i am curious of this behavior .

While driving i get today from time to time and for a short period : 2 small bips while in blue mode ...
then it can be hours before it goes again .

Were you close to another car?

laxman
04-09-2014, 03:44 PM
I have this happen too, I'm wondering if its a fake from laser cruze control.

kimberdan
04-09-2014, 03:46 PM
mine does that when i am near a car or one is close to me from behind, for me its the parking sensor going off... i have mine set to 7 since i do actually use it lol... hop out with the system on and put your hand in front of the sensor and check for the distance.

BestRadarDetectors
04-09-2014, 03:54 PM
mine does that when i am near a car or one is close to me from behind, for me its the parking sensor going off... i have mine set to 7 since i do actually use it lol... hop out with the system on and put your hand in front of the sensor and check for the distance.

That is why I was asking if a car was around. I am set on 3 but at a red light if I get too close to the car in front I will get a beep or two.

dinkydi
04-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Same here when I'm at the lights, I don't mind it, at least I know it's alive

Tman
04-09-2014, 04:22 PM
Were you close to another car?

No car around , it was in open highway , the parking is set @ 3.

I doubt it is ''obstacle sensing'' because the led stays blue , not red .

Though i am not worry ...it tells me '' am alive and protecting you'' :eagerness:

Hard to do video with the cell ...huge ticket to just hold it ....yeah safety fir$t.

dinkydi
04-09-2014, 04:27 PM
when it does it at the lights the car stays blue just get the little red flash on the front of the blue car, but strange if there's nothing around

Holla
04-09-2014, 07:14 PM
You can turn the park assist off if u want correct??

BestRadarDetectors
04-09-2014, 07:14 PM
You can turn the park assist off if u want correct??

Yes, But I find it actually comes in handy.

radargeek
04-09-2014, 07:22 PM
It's probably rare but an odd random reflection coinciding with a parking-sensor pulse could cause a "bip".

Maybe a future firmware version could turn off parking assist when over a certain speed if a GPS module is connected. It's not like you need park assist while cruising down the freeway. :)

BestRadarDetectors
04-09-2014, 07:24 PM
It's probably rare but an odd random reflection coinciding with a parking-sensor pulse could cause a "bip".

Maybe a future firmware version could turn off parking assist when over a certain speed if a GPS module is connected. It's not like you need park assist while cruising down the freeway. :)

This is already available if you have the RG Module and the GPS antenna.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

winterbrew
04-09-2014, 07:53 PM
Low reflective road signs near to the road edge such as in traffic islands do this to mine, although the rears are angles out for Poliscan, and parking's set to 4 on mine. It seems to be more sensitive to reflective cars in front at the lights with white or silver or metallic cars being the worst

curmudgeon
04-09-2014, 07:54 PM
It's not like you need park assist while cruising down the freeway.

Have you ever been on the Long Island Expressway at rush hour?:smiley-laughing:

TurboDriver
04-09-2014, 09:37 PM
Do you have it in silent start-up mode? Do you have it in dark or dim mode? You will get a double blip when the unit changes from parking (green) to defense (blue) mode.

The reason I ask is if you lose power momentarily, do not see the controller light change color, when it goes to defense mode after restart you might hear the blip/blip and not realize it had lost power. Unless you have it in the new quick start mode it will not beep until after 1 minute of starting.

Just a thought.....trying to rule things out.

Tman
04-09-2014, 10:20 PM
Do you have it in silent start-up mode? Do you have it in dark or dim mode? You will get a double blip when the unit changes from parking (green) to defense (blue) mode.

The reason I ask is if you lose power momentarily, do not see the controller light change color, when it goes to defense mode after restart you might hear the blip/blip and not realize it had lost power. Unless you have it in the new quick start mode it will not beep until after 1 minute of starting.

Just a thought.....trying to rule things out.

It is silent start up and in normal intensity for the led.

I will check tomorrow if it could be a momentarily loss of power , as i noticed it happens more often after
a hard acceleration , my supply wiring is not finalised yet so a box could push the wiring.
My install is unusal : cpu is under rear seat and the connections 12v is in the trunk ,
''on'' is done via a remote controlled relay.

Thanks.