PDA

View Full Version : What Am I Doing Wrong?

wolfpacal
04-07-2014, 10:56 PM
I followed Mirage's instructions to the letter for pulling stats from my system with the USB stick. The system goes through all the motions that Mirage stated it would except for the final blue flash at the end. I've tried it several times (to see what I've been hit with recently) and no matter what I do, there is no file saved to the USB stick. I have the unit in Privacy mode so I don't know if that makes any difference. I also take out the USB stick that I have in the system for privacy mode, and use a new, empty USB drive formatted to FAT 32.
Any ideas on what is going on? Is there another method to retrieve this information?

Thanks.

dragons
04-08-2014, 12:32 AM
I had something similar happen once, only I got the file on the USB drive, but then it was 0kb in size and would not upload to the alpupdate site, so I used a different USB it worked fine... The original stick was bothering me so I reformatted but didn't use the quick format option then it seemed to work fine..
It could just be some silly small error on the USB.

winterbrew
04-08-2014, 12:38 AM
I had something similar happen once, only I got the file on the USB drive, but then it was 0kb in size and would not upload to the alpupdate site, so I used a different USB it worked fine... The original stick was bothering me so I reformatted but didn't use the quick format option then it seemed to work fine..
It could just be some silly small error on the USB.

Same here, 0 kb file size. used another brand of USB as you mentioned, and all was good.

Could be due to privacy mode, so the LEO's can't dump your jam history ?

Mirage
04-08-2014, 05:07 AM
Possible the privacy mode are you putting the key on the USB stick when you dump the data?

I tried it this morning using Firmware 4.3.5 and it looks like it works fine. Now I am using the Bluetooth single button press so I'm not using the codes on the control module. I'll try that when I get home.

wolfpacal
04-08-2014, 08:36 AM
I take the USB key out that has privacy mode enabled. I've tried it with the key with privacy mode enabled on it as well. I use(d) a brand new (same make) USB key to try to get the info. I have a couple of other USB keys laying around, I'm going to try another brand of key and see if that makes a difference.

BestRadarDetectors
04-08-2014, 08:52 AM
I take the USB key out that has privacy mode enabled. I've tried it with the key with privacy mode enabled on it as well. I use(d) a brand new (same make) USB key to try to get the info. I have a couple of other USB keys laying around, I'm going to try another brand of key and see if that makes a difference.

We will get to the bottom of this but it might take a few days. There are only 2 people I know who use Privacy Mode. I have made my opinion clear that I do not like this option but it does have its place for certain individuals. The Problem is that I cant easily duplicate your issue without having to install Privacy Mode on my units which I do not want to do since its not reversible. I have contacted engineering to look into the issue but they have a lot going on at the moment with getting everyone the next update today is taking a higher priority. We will get you an answer soon, you might have found a bug that probably only effects users with security keys and recording a statistics file.

wolfpacal
04-08-2014, 09:38 AM
Tom, no rush. I'm just waiting for the new update today. Ordering a 5th head today from Alex

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

Qui-Gon
04-08-2014, 09:44 AM
Tom, no rush. I'm just waiting for the new update today. Ordering a 5th head today from Alex

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk

You gonna run 3 up front or in the back of the (vehicle type not added, even though I know which one)?

wolfpacal
04-08-2014, 10:53 AM
3 up front