PDA

View Full Version : Hello RALF Goodbye RDF

cornholio
04-05-2014, 08:45 PM
I am the Great Cornholio.

I joined rdf when. I was looking for information about radar detectors. I wound up buying a 8500x50 black from BestRadarDetectors. After buying the radar detector from him I tried to PM him but couldn't find him on the member list. I reported it to the mods in the technical problems forum and they moved the thread to the security detachment forum. Xyd, puma, V1user, protias and GoDuke told me that they had banned him because of his friendship with yellowcab and what a bad person yellowcab and BRD were. They told me to stay away from them and this place. I returned the 8500x50 to BRD because of what they had told me. I wound up buying a rx65 S7 to replace it.

I was a good boy on rdf. I got an PM from puma stating that I was nominated for intermediate and they gave me questions to answer. One of the questions was what other forums did I belong to. As I didn't belong to any other forums, I replied that. Because I did not belong to any other forums my application was denied.

Yesterday I posted screen shots of the upcoming laser Interceptor android app. I also posted that the LI doesn't jam the Stalker XLR. This morning when I tried to access RDF I kept getting routed to the access denied page and when entering my username and password it still wouldn't let me onto the site. I sent two messages from the access denied page to the forum webmaster without reply. When trying to access rdf now I get nothing. The forum doesn't load. I went to a classmates house and viewed the forum as a guest. The forum loaded quickly and when viewing a thread that I posted in I noticed that I was demoted from beginner to general.

I now know that the rdf guys are the ones I should have stayed away from. XYD, Puma, V1User, Protias and GoDuke. You are the bad people and liars.

Tom, I am sorry for retuning the 8500x50.

shanetrainST
04-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Hi and Welcome to the Forum.
Sorry to here about your experience over at RDF, and I hope you find things better here :)

kimberdan
04-05-2014, 09:05 PM
ya know its funny i got 2 of those question things from them, 2 different times from 2 different members and not 1 time did i get a response... so i waited a week and emailed them to say hey whats going on? nothing, so i went looking around and i see members that have been there less time then me with a lot less posts and thanks given and received and they are intermediate while im still ( beginner) ... I mean it sounds pedy but i contribute and help everyone the best that i can so we all can have less worries about getting the disco lights.. so i just got a sore taste in my mouth..... and as time goes on it gets worse and worse.
Welcome by the way, Its very different here, seems more like family. even tho most of us ill assume have never met (:

max
04-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Welcome...

melbVt
04-05-2014, 09:08 PM
yeah same happened to me after i asked about drifting kband

Tman
04-05-2014, 09:14 PM
I tought they changed ...

Warm Welcome to you Cornholio:encouragement:

cornholio
04-05-2014, 09:22 PM
I tought they changed ...

Warm Welcome to you Cornholio:encouragement:

I thought things were changing based on the thread posted both there and here by Veil Guy. All they say is just a pack of lies.

Won Hunglo
04-05-2014, 09:26 PM
Welcome to the RALF forum & welcome to the performance/IP ban club!

BestRadarDetectors
04-05-2014, 09:30 PM
Welcome to the forum. As you can tell one of the moderators had to edit some of your post and your title because derogatory comments are not appreciated here. We do not believe in censoring members but please be respectful on our site and you will be welcomed here. Also please when posting post in the appropriate forum, This post of yours is not an announcement. We had to move it to the Introduce Yourself area.

dinkydi
04-05-2014, 09:35 PM
welcome aboard

Laser Guided
04-05-2014, 09:40 PM
gday mate, welcome

Veil Guy
04-05-2014, 09:49 PM
I thought things were changing based on the thread posted both there and here by Veil Guy. All they say is just a pack of lies.

Get with current events, CH. you're are behind the curve, dude, whether you realize it or not.

VG

cornholio
04-05-2014, 09:53 PM
Get with current events, CH. you're are behind the curve, dude.

VG
They banned my IP address and demoted me today. That is as current as you get and is the on the curve. What RDF says and what RDF does are two totally different things.

Veil Guy
04-05-2014, 09:59 PM
Let's reconnect on this after Monday when xyd and his team brainstorm as they indicated they would.

Until then you're got a voice at RALF and I for one hear you.

I'll personally follow up on it. But for now I need rest. I've been going nonstop for days now.

The world is not coming to an end tonight or next week.

Please in the meantime chill. And enjoy your home here.

Welcome.

VG

BestRadarDetectors
04-05-2014, 10:00 PM
They banned my IP address and demoted me today. That is as current as you get and is the on the curve. What RDF says and what RDF does are two totally different things.

Look, Many of us have been banned before and its not the end of the world. You are here so just please move on and if there is anything we can do to help you with our forum please let us know.

Mirage
04-05-2014, 10:01 PM
Welcome to the forum.

Yellowcab
04-05-2014, 10:34 PM
Welcome to the forum. I had a nice long and good conversation with Xyd today. What you are saying goes against everything he told me today. I hope you can work things out with RDF. Enjoy your time here.

winterbrew
04-05-2014, 10:41 PM
Welcome to the forum from Oz :)

RedRocket
04-06-2014, 06:46 AM
-edited for content- by RR

specifics
04-06-2014, 07:04 AM
Yesterday I posted screen shots of the upcoming laser Interceptor android app. I also posted that the LI doesn't jam the Stalker XLR. This morning when I tried to access RDF I kept getting routed to the access denied page and when entering my username and password it still wouldn't let me onto the site.

Soon as you mentioned the XLR your days were numbered.... that should be the test for measuring sincerity with the "olive branch to RDF." Write a post to that forum with a prescribed statement about the Stalker XLR..... if this happens the same.... no thruth in their efforts as well as no further attempts 'till open dialogue....

beingaware
04-06-2014, 07:23 AM
In the interest of world peace, removing this post.

Veil Guy
04-06-2014, 07:51 AM
I have just learned the reason, I believe.

It's been suggested that CH had attempted to create multiple accounts, something the system is configured to not allow as do many forums.

It appears to have been an innocuous thing in reality.

Yellowcab can confirm this.

Look, many of our nerves are frayed. I get it. Guys, don't be so quick to judge anything at this point please.

As with many things in life, things are often not what they appear to be.

Everyone needs to chill a bit and let future events unfold in their own time. Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day! :)

Peace all.

VG

patsy1099
04-06-2014, 08:34 AM
welcome

Yellowcab
04-06-2014, 10:41 AM
In an email from XYD, he reported that Cornholio created another account on RDF. This is a clear violation of every forum's rules the I have ever belonged to. Additionally when I was an administrator on RDF, there were automatic protocols in place to handle issues such as this.

Email from Xyd:

He was automatically put into moderation by our system for creating multiple accounts - it was something that could have been resolved with a simple email.

cornholio
04-06-2014, 12:05 PM
Thank you for the welcomes.

I did not create a second account on RDF.

I did try to resolve the issue with two emails. On the firewall page there is a contact us link that sends a message to the administrator. After trying to access RDF a few times yesterday morning, I used that link to report my problem sometime between 11 AM and noon. At 4 o'clock PM I attempted to access rdf again. I still had the same result being denied access at the firewall even when attempting to log on from the access denied page. I used the contact us link again sending a message to the administrator asking to have this issue fixed and I requested an email back if there was another issue. I tried to access rdf last night and it wouldn't connect to their forum but did have full and quick access to the CMS. I have not yet received an email, but I haven't attempted to log on to rdf today.

I will try to log on to rdf later today and see if the issue has been resolved.

SLO
04-06-2014, 01:03 PM
Welcome. The thread where you posted those screen shots I ended up posting proof of the XLR VS LI.

RigToFly01
04-06-2014, 01:29 PM
Welcome to RALF from the NYC/CT area.

Veil Guy
04-06-2014, 02:01 PM
Thank you for the welcomes.

I did not create a second account on RDF.

I did try to resolve the issue with two emails. On the firewall page there is a contact us link that sends a message to the administrator. After trying to access RDF a few times yesterday morning, I used that link to report my problem sometime between 11 AM and noon. At 4 o'clock PM I attempted to access rdf again. I still had the same result being denied access at the firewall even when attempting to log on from the access denied page. I used the contact us link again sending a message to the administrator asking to have this issue fixed and I requested an email back if there was another issue. I tried to access rdf last night and it wouldn't connect to their forum but did have full and quick access to the CMS. I have not yet received an email, but I haven't attempted to log on to rdf today.

I will try to log on to rdf later today and see if the issue has been resolved.

Cool. If not lets give some time. A lot of work being undertaken at this moment and many things have to be corrected so to speak. It'll work out just fine, I believe. :encouragement:

VG