PDA

View Full Version : What does Pro Mode Do ?

Tman
03-29-2014, 12:26 PM
After reading the explanation , i still dont catch its use :help:

Thank you.

Mirage
03-29-2014, 01:56 PM
It basically makes it so that the LED doesn't blink once a second and ONLY comes on when you are being targeted. It should work like this:

1. When you turn on the ALP it will go through it's normal startup (depending on your other settings)
2. If you have it set for parking mode you will see a green light at first
3. If you have LID mode then you will see a blue light following the green light when it enters LID mode.
4. Once in the LID mode the LED will turn off.
5. Now when you are targeted you will see a pulsed red LED from the controller (or LED if you have it connected) Indicating you are receiving a laser source.
6. This LED will flash as you are being targeted so if the user cycles the gun (ie off trigger on trigger) then you will see that in the LED.

TurboDriver
03-29-2014, 06:22 PM
I use the external LED (up on dash) and use dim and dark modes so only the controller blinks (dim). So question is how long will the LED blink when targeted if not in Pro mode? Is there a default time, kind of like how a RD has a hold time even after the signal goes away. Example -RedLine is somewhere around 8 seconds or so even if radar was only 1 second, so if laser hit of 1 second (not in Pro mode) how long will ALP alert?

Mirage
03-29-2014, 06:28 PM
I use the external LED (up on dash) and use dim and dark modes so only the controller blinks (dim). So question is how long will the LED blink when targeted if not in Pro mode? Is there a default time, kind of like how a RD has a hold time even after the signal goes away. Example -RedLine is somewhere around 8 seconds or so even if radar was only 1 second, so if laser hit of 1 second (not in Pro mode) how long will ALP alert?

I'll have to try it. To be honest I always ran it in PRO mode after I understood what it did, but I've been running the bluetooth for a while now so I'll have to plugin the controller and test it out.

Youthan
03-30-2014, 04:54 AM
It basically makes it so that the LED doesn't blink once a second and ONLY comes on when you are being targeted

I think you're mistaken dark mode with Pro mode. Previously in ALG9 it was explained in that way :

Professional operating mode.

When hit by a laser in Pro mode the LED will flash only while the laser gun is firing.
In Standard mode the LED stays Red for the whole duration of the alert (Default OFF).

I also ride with Pro Mode (ALG9) and my LED is blinking every second. Beside it I have never seen if LED flash shorter than in STD mode. Simply in real scenario, there is no time to look on it. Just break, shut down and look on the road what will happen.

It would be good to see some video how it works :encouragement:

Mirage
03-30-2014, 07:26 AM
It's possible the "blink once a second" could have been a side effect of the DIM setting which I probably had enabled. It probably does blink once a second depending on your setting. But when being targeted the LED will flash as it is receiving a lidar source. If the trigger on the gun is cycled you WILL see it on the LED. From the ALP update site it states:

"By enabling Pro Mode, when laser interference is detected LED will blink only while you are being targeted."

Youthan
03-30-2014, 07:57 AM
... If the trigger on the gun is cycled you WILL see it on the LED. From the ALP update site it states:

"By enabling Pro Mode, when laser interference is detected LED will blink only while you are being targeted."

Yes, that's a nice option. I even was thinking to look on it in some place where I expect a LIDAR, when some other car is going in front of me. But I always forget to look on this LED if is red or not when I hear a LID sound.

FJR1300
03-30-2014, 10:50 AM

This is what I have been wanting to do, I must have missed how to do this because both the controller led and remote respond in unison when going to dim or dark when I tried to set it this way.

Can you tell me how you got the remote led to stay dark while having the controller led still blink (confirming system is on)

Thanks

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Tman
03-30-2014, 11:15 AM
'' 6. This LED will flash as you are being targeted so if the user cycles the gun (ie off trigger on trigger)
then you will see that in the LED. ''

Can we say then : when the led is flashing , the Alp is jamming ?
It would be the equivalent of the led flashing on the Li switch ?

Thanks.

Mirage
03-30-2014, 11:18 AM
'' 6. This LED will flash as you are being targeted so if the user cycles the gun (ie off trigger on trigger)
then you will see that in the LED. ''

Can we say then : when the led is flashing , the Alp is jamming ?
It would be the equivalent of the led flashing on the Li switch ?

Thanks.

Yep exactly the same.

Tman
03-30-2014, 11:50 AM
Yep exactly the same.

Fine , one step further : after i Jtk , would i see the led flashing when the cop keep shooting ?
I guess no because the Alp turns to parking mode ...though i would like to be so .

Mirage would you verify ?

Mirage
03-30-2014, 11:51 AM
Yes you continue to see the led flash if you are targeted even after it goes into detection only mode.

Tman
03-30-2014, 12:27 PM
Yes you continue to see the led flash if you are targeted even after it goes into detection only mode.

Perfect , this is what i wanted

But you surely mean ''parking mode'' instead of detection mode only ...
because that this way Tom explain it ...?

radargeek
03-30-2014, 01:07 PM
I think when you JTK it goes to detect-only mode to continue alerting until the LEO stops shooting, then it flips to parking mode afterward until it recycles to jam mode.

Mirage
03-30-2014, 01:15 PM
I think when you JTK it goes to detect-only mode to continue alerting until the LEO stops shooting, then it flips to parking mode afterward until it recycles to jam mode.

Bingo. It all depends on your settings.

Mirage
03-30-2014, 02:17 PM
If I have before my trip I'm make a video and post it.

Sent from Miragetools.net

Tman
03-30-2014, 07:11 PM
If I have before my trip I'm make a video and post it.

Sent from Miragetools.net

:popcorn:

have a good trip.

Qui-Gon
04-14-2014, 04:31 AM
Went out last night and noticed that the flashing LED was very noticable while driving (i.e. afraid of attracting unwanted attention). This morning I uploaded new settings (PRO mode) to my USB drive and uploaded to the ALP. Tested with my LI keyfob tester...works BEAUTIFULLY!

deano
04-14-2014, 05:01 AM
Perfect , this is what i wanted

But you surely mean ''parking mode'' instead of detection mode only ...
because that this way Tom explain it ...?

becarefull with this and this goes with any AL jammer but while its in one minute warm up ...if you are tagged with laser it actually delays the warm up period ...for example im sitting at traffick lights and there is a poliscan ahead ...my system will either restart of I flick the switch ...while im still waiting for the lights to turn green I have re armed my AL but if these lights do not change and im still getting hit with lidar my AL will not start up until the threat has gone some times been over 3 minutes ....for member that own lidar and AL give it ago

I have tested this with my PL2 ...I start up the AL G8/G9/ALP if I was to constantly tag with laser while in warm up I will be waiting for ever even held the trigger for 2 minutes +.... not until there is no threat the system will arm up

also I have had laser based cruise control set off my rear ALps ...the bloody thing wouldn't arm its self until the car behind had gone

this also goes the same way on constant ...if there is any lidar present while turning on the key it will not start up

radargeek
04-14-2014, 06:54 AM
becarefull with this and this goes with any AL jammer but while its in one minute warm up ...if you are tagged with laser it actually delays the warm up period ...for example im sitting at traffick lights and there is a poliscan ahead ...Does it alert to the laser during the warm-up, so at least you know you're unprotected?

deano
04-14-2014, 07:39 AM
the ALp no alert while in warm up + delayed
G9 error tone while warm up + delayed
G8 no alert while warm up = delayed

LI no alert while in parking mode soon as it comes out of parking mode to defence mode instant alert no delay
I never tested this with the 905s they where not on the car long enough to test

BestRadarDetectors
04-14-2014, 07:41 AM
becarefull with this and this goes with any AL jammer but while its in one minute warm up ...if you are tagged with laser it actually delays the warm up period ...for example im sitting at traffick lights and there is a poliscan ahead ...my system will either restart of I flick the switch ...while im still waiting for the lights to turn green I have re armed my AL but if these lights do not change and im still getting hit with lidar my AL will not start up until the threat has gone some times been over 3 minutes ....for member that own lidar and AL give it ago

I have tested this with my PL2 ...I start up the AL G8/G9/ALP if I was to constantly tag with laser while in warm up I will be waiting for ever even held the trigger for 2 minutes +.... not until there is no threat the system will arm up

also I have had laser based cruise control set off my rear ALps ...the bloody thing wouldn't arm its self until the car behind had gone

this also goes the same way on constant ...if there is any lidar present while turning on the key it will not start up

New setup option on the ALP allows you to skip initial warmup if you choose. Create a new setup file with the option enabled if you want to use the new feature.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

radargeek
04-14-2014, 07:45 AM
New setup option on the ALP allows you to skip initial warmup if you choose. Create a new setup file with the option enabled if you want to use the new feature.Nice. ALP is a great jammer now, by the time I'm ready to get one (probably next year) it'll be perfect. Just a few feature tweaks, the HiFi control set, and a winning lottery ticket and I'll be ready. ;)

deano
04-14-2014, 07:50 AM
New setup option on the ALP allows you to skip initial warmup if you choose. Create a new setup file with the option enabled if you want to use the new feature.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

it would be nice to choose that option but silly me registerd my unit on line now im region stuck with the silly 9 seconds and warm up ( will remember that one when I purchase a new product ) .....and I have tried selecting skip warm up I have tried another region looks like im stuck

besides like I say this also applys to constant... BRD you have some lidars try shooting lidar at the heads then turning on your ignition to power up the jammer all Al jammers will not power up when there is lidar present ..just that you have more chance of getting hit with lidar while in warm up