PDA

View Full Version : Can I reload the .bin, .ucset and setup File

wolfpacal
03-24-2014, 08:45 PM
If I wanted to, can I just load the .bin, .ucset and alp setup file with the USB drive, and override what is on the CPU right now? Just curious as I'm not 100% sure I have the most current firmware. I tried saving the Stats to a different USB drive following Mirage's note from Nov and it did not work. I don't know what version I have. With the most recent firmware, it's my understanding that I could use Dim mode, but when I tried activating that through the controller, it only lets me do normal or dark mode, no Dim mode. Any help is appreciated of course. I know I can check the firmware version through the controller, but I just re-downloaded all 3 files to the USB and was going to load it later tonight or tomorrow morning. I have the unit in Privacy mode right now, so I would need to remove that USB stick to get it into regular mode, correct?

Thanks.

dinkydi
03-24-2014, 08:51 PM
I would do the uc set. Bin separate as you have switch off before you put the USB in then switch on,take few secs that it

Tman
03-24-2014, 08:57 PM
All i know is the latest firmware 4.3.4 as per Alex.

For the rest , you loose me ??

BestRadarDetectors
03-24-2014, 08:57 PM
It will ignore the update if the firmware downloaded is not newer than the installed firmware, I had also mentioned to you earlier that if you go into privacy mode there is no going back. Even if you updated the firmware the privacy key can not be removed. Pull out the security key and insert the usb drive with the firmware files and if firmware is newer it will immediately start updating.

wolfpacal
03-24-2014, 09:06 PM
USB privacy key is in the USB extension cable. I just checked and it says I have 4.3.4 which is the newest firmware. My only issue now is no matter what I do, I can't activate Dim mode. It's either dark or really bright (at night time only)

Finally, going forward, because I have the USB drive inserted in the USB cable extender to have it run in privacy mode, I would still have to load all new firmware files, ucset files and alp.setup files on the same USB stick? Or do I pull the USB stick (in privacy mode) and then try to program with another USB stick? Sorry, just wanting to know which files to load for future updates and on what USB stick.

Thanks

BestRadarDetectors
03-24-2014, 09:10 PM
USB privacy key is in the USB extension cable. I just checked and it says I have 4.3.4 which is the newest firmware. My only issue now is no matter what I do, I can't activate Dim mode. It's either dark or really bright (at night time only)

I run in dark mode, I can do some tests in the morning to see if I can replicate the issue. I have not tried Dim mode before.

wolfpacal
03-24-2014, 09:15 PM
I run in dark mode, I can do some tests in the morning to see if I can replicate the issue. I have not tried Dim mode before.

Thanks Tom!

wolfpacal
03-24-2014, 09:46 PM

Just re-reading your earlier post, so I have to load all new files on the USB stick that is inserted in the USB cable extender, while in privacy mode? If I read your post correctly, I have to take out the USB stick from the extender cable, load all new files on the same USB stick, and then re-insert to load the new files while still running in privacy mode? I'm thinking this is the way to do it, going forward.