PDA

View Full Version : Activating Dim Mode from Controller

wolfpacal
03-24-2014, 07:58 PM
I know it's a new feature, does anyone know how to change the settings from the controller to Dim mode? The regular blinking blue light is way too bright in the cabin at night.

Thanks!

TurboDriver
03-24-2014, 08:23 PM
On Controller press/hold Menu until yellow, then Menu 3 times then Enter, LED turns white, press Menu 1 once for Normal, 2 times for Dark, and 3 for Dim then Enter --- According to Instruction Page I have. Enter is the same as Power button.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit --- 2 times is for Dim, 3 times is for Dark. In Dim mode the controller blinks but the external LED does not until an alert (this is how I run my ALP, controller down by headlight switch and LED up on dash). In Dark mode both controller and external LED are dark until alert.

wolfpacal
03-24-2014, 08:32 PM
On Controller press/hold Menu until yellow, then Menu 3 times then Enter, LED turns white, press Menu 1 once for Normal, 2 times for Dark, and 3 for Dim then Enter --- According to Instruction Page I have. Enter is the same as Power button.

I followed the instructions as stated but when I hit menu 3 times for dim, it turned it into dark mode. ???

TurboDriver
03-24-2014, 08:41 PM
Try 2 times the dark and dim are switched on instructions. You can always download the setting from update site, put on usb stick then onto ALP.

wolfpacal
03-24-2014, 09:17 PM
I tried, 1,2 and 3 and it's either completely dark mode (3) or fully bright (1 & 2). Tom is looking in to it. May have to run in dark mode at night. If it's in dark mode and you get hit with LIDAR, the light then lights up red for front and yellow for rear, no?

BestRadarDetectors
03-24-2014, 09:22 PM
I tried, 1,2 and 3 and it's either completely dark mode (3) or fully bright (1 & 2). Tom is looking in to it. May have to run in dark mode at night. If it's in dark mode and you get hit with LIDAR, the light then lights up red for front and yellow for rear, no?

Yes.. It will light up immediately once it see's activity. Did you also install the remote mounted led?

wolfpacal
03-24-2014, 09:30 PM
Yes.. It will light up immediately once it see's activity. Did you also install the remote mounted led?

No, I didn't. Just the controller. Good to know about it lighting up if hit while in dark mode.