PDA

View Full Version : Easiest Way to Detect Only with Al Priority

Tman
03-22-2014, 12:28 PM
I am using Li as example as it is what i know best.

With a Li i use a switch that toggles between Jam and Detect .

What is the closest way to do the same with AlP.

I know there is a way using a Usb key ...it is the simplest ?
If yes , what are the steps to accomplish my wish ?

Thank to help a future Priorist...sounds like a religious sect :anonymous:

curmudgeon
03-22-2014, 01:39 PM
sounds like a religious sect

Uh oh, I forgot that candles and incense are needed to insure a successful installation.

Mirage
03-22-2014, 01:41 PM
The ALP has to be set in either jam or detect mode via USB, but can switch when it receives a signal. If you have Bluetooth you simply tap the car during an alert and it switches to detection only mode. If you have the default control set you just hit the button during the alert and it switches automatically to detection mode. Unlike the LI there is NO Lag when it switches between Jam and detect mode. If you want to permanently switch you have to use a USB key. In addition regardless of which mode you are in all of the alerts are logged by the computer and you can later download these to your USB key and then upload to the ALPupdate website for a pretty report.

Tman
03-22-2014, 02:23 PM
The ALP has to be set in either jam or detect mode via USB, but can switch when it receives a signal. If you have Bluetooth you simply tap the car during an alert and it switches to detection only mode. If you have the default control set you just hit the button during the alert and it switches automatically to detection mode. Unlike the LI there is NO Lag when it switches between Jam and detect mode. If you want to permanently switch you have to use a USB key. In addition regardless of which mode you are in all of the alerts are logged by the computer and you can later download these to your USB key and then upload to the ALPupdate website for a pretty report.
All my phones are Android ...

1 ) I want to change to detection once i reach my psl during an attack ,
just to know if the cop keep shooting.

After re-reading your answer i think i have my exact solution :
'' If you have the default control set you just hit the button during the alert and it switches automatically to detection mode.''
So to make sure i understand well , this is the button that you talk about :

2) The other circumstance i want detection only would be in case of
a search : before the cop arrives @ my window : i plug a detection usb key ...
just in case.
(which should not happen as i always jtk within 3 seconds max )

Thank you.

BestRadarDetectors
03-22-2014, 02:32 PM
All my phones are Android ...

1 ) I want to change to detection once i reach my psl during an attack ,
just to know if the cop keep shooting.

After re-reading your answer i think i have my exact solution :
'' If you have the default control set you just hit the button during the alert and it switches automatically to detection mode.''
So to make sure i understand well , this is the button that you talk about :

2) The other circumstance i want detection only would be in case of
a search : before the cop arrives @ my window : i plug a detection usb key ...
just in case.
(which should not happen as i always jtk within 3 seconds max )

Thank you.

Either button during an alert automatically kills Jamming and goes into Parking Only.

Tman
03-22-2014, 03:00 PM
'' Either button during an alert automatically kills Jamming and goes into Parking Only. ''

Ok , so my solution is still partial .

I will put this feature on my wishlist : kill jamming then detect only.

BestRadarDetectors
03-22-2014, 04:07 PM
'' Either button during an alert automatically kills Jamming and goes into Parking Only. ''

I will put this feature on my wishlist : kill jamming then detect only.

Here is the issue I have with making an easy option to turn off Jamming capabilities. You are buying a Jammer to protect you. When shooting a gun it can take 1-2 seconds many times to get a reading so if you see him and want to kill early it would really make no difference if you jammed for the 1-2 seconds before you hit the button and they acquired your speed.

You guys are enthusiasts but the majority of customers are not and many that go to dealers and get the systems installed are not very savvy at times and if their ALP Connect Screen is Green Or Blue they might not even know the difference even if it said parking mode. We are training installers to set at 4 seconds default and 5 at max because we don't want any JTG's,

We could have a customer install the system press a button and not realize they are in parking mode and end up with a ticket. The product is all about protection and that is the main concern. We will keep discussing the option and see if we can make everyone happy but we cant risk someone investing in a product to protect them and have pressing a wrong button and getting a ticket because of it.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Mirage
03-22-2014, 05:06 PM
I don't know for sure because I'm running the BT module now, but I seem to remember you can hook up the external LED and run the "PRO MODE" option and it will let you disengage jamming reverting to a detection only mode and the led will continue to flash as long as you are being targeted. You can then insert the USB download your results and see what you were hit by.

Tman
03-22-2014, 06:51 PM
Tom ,
i understand very well and agree , very toughfull....agree i am a bit :onthego: maniac.

Mirage , i should have my priority in a week , i will explore & let know everyone.

You guys are awesome.

Tman
03-22-2014, 07:02 PM
sounds like a religious sect

Uh oh, I forgot that candles and incense are needed to insure a successful installation.

You also need this dragonjamming algo......shutttt

KrpA
03-23-2014, 08:12 AM
Actually if you press any key during jamming, device will stay in alert (just muted, but LED will be red). When cop stops shooting at you, device will go to parking mode (LED will blink green).

radargeek
03-23-2014, 09:03 AM

I will put this feature on my wishlist : kill jamming then detect only.X2. Yes I know we're enthusiasts who have different needs than the average Joe who goes to an installer and says "I don't want tickets. Install your best jammer."

Perhaps there could be two modes in the ALP, beginner and expert. Beginner mode would work the way it does now, with the simple setup options. Expert mode would enable features we would want, such as deciding exactly what happens when you press the button either when jamming or when not jamming. For example, I would want it so when you press the button once during jam it doesn't mute, but it instead goes immediately to detect-only mode so I can see how long they continue to shoot, and if they re-shoot. A 2nd press could mute, and a 3rd press to enter parking mode, and a 4th press to revert to jam mode. This could be configurable in ALP setup. The timeout and automatic reset to jam mode is already there, so that minimizes the risk of leaving your system in an "unprotected" state because you put it in detect-only mode and forgot.

If you're in an illegal area where the LEOs are d*ckheads about jammers, kill-before-jam becomes even more important. Especially if they're using guns that tend to throw jam codes. I know the ALP avoids jam codes probably better than any other jammer but in some places you need all the protection you can get, and sometimes that protection means not jamming when you don't need to.