PDA

View Full Version : Vic, S.A , N.S.W, Qld looking to do a weekend testing event help adjust installs etc

melbVt
03-10-2014, 01:26 AM
Hi I'm been so fascinated by the amazing world of Radar and laser since taking up the hobby 12 months ago,
Since this time I've spent countless hours googling for info watching videos,
And I think it's now time we have a weekend camp event where we can hold a testing session, adjustment if needed being assisted by other members experience,
I thought our Vic members are rather low so I thought maybe if we hold it somewhere central as in towards the border of Nsw, Vic, S.A or suggest a spot? What are your idea's to make this the best event so far lets give it a go I'm keen to hear your idea's
Love some help getting it up and running,
MelbVt:listening_headphone

beingaware
03-10-2014, 02:25 AM
Perth seems pretty central to me, what do you think guys ? :)

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

shanetrainST
03-10-2014, 03:14 AM
I never been to Perth, so Perth sounds good. Rent car, tape jammers to it, go ya 50/50 beingaware

beingaware
03-10-2014, 05:14 AM
I never been to Perth, so Perth sounds good. Rent car, tape jammers to it, go ya 50/50 beingaware

We could take all our jammers, and like mod the hell out of the hire car and do some hot laps past those Poliscans :).
5 heads rear, 5 up front, 4 on the sides, it would be a beast!

RedRocket
03-10-2014, 07:31 AM
@melbVt - Hi Mate,
Been wanting to ask this of you for about that 1 year ago you mention...
You're the Aussie I found back then on RD.net...are you not ? At the time you were all alone as the only guy from Oz & I recommended you go check out RDF.org at the time b/c the Forum had many countrymen from down-under there.Little did I know a few months later I would be banned on that Forum.I never expected your whole Continent would subsequently be banned shortly thereafter,too.

Funny how things work out sometimes isn't it?
Here we are,meeting up again & doing so (of all places) on the best damn CM Forum on the Net.

busta
03-10-2014, 09:03 AM
going to perth next week for 2 weeks but alas no jammers going for the ride just the redline

winterbrew
03-10-2014, 09:26 AM
going to perth next week for 2 weeks but alas no jammers going for the ride just the redline

If you're not going outside metro Perth, your main threat will be Poliscan, although you might meet some HWP coming in and out with Kustom Eagles on k band, and the very occasional Falcon HR handheld (k band).

The new 'Concept Cars' run the Kustom Raptor RP-1 on k band, which is polarised and low power.

Don't think there are currently any confirmed Ka band mobile radars, and the Multanova 6-F hasn't been seen since 2010-2011. WAPOL mainly loves lidar in metro (approx 90% poli : 10% h/h) and the rest is k band

beingaware
03-10-2014, 03:44 PM
H/h ?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

busta
03-10-2014, 04:57 PM
If you're not going outside metro Perth, your main threat will be Poliscan, although you might meet some HWP coming in and out with Kustom Eagles on k band, and the very occasional Falcon HR handheld (k band).

The new 'Concept Cars' run the Kustom Raptor RP-1 on k band, which is polarised and low power.

Don't think there are currently any confirmed Ka band mobile radars, and the Multanova 6-F hasn't been seen since 2010-2011. WAPOL mainly loves lidar in metro (approx 90% poli : 10% h/h) and the rest is k band

Thanks WB doing Perth ,Freo, Busilton, Albany and the Pinnicles excuse the spelling

winterbrew
03-10-2014, 07:57 PM
H/h ?

UL, UL Compact, TruSpeed and TruCam (VPR) on a tripod in auto mode if you're lucky :)

TruCam's on a tripod don't seem to be that popular recently - easier to let the poli take the strain :)

melbVt
03-12-2014, 11:45 AM
Okay this is great to see! I'm rather keen to bring my car which I've purely dedicated to laser/radar,
Anyone would like to suggest date to do this?
I can smell the shrimp on D BBQ already!

melbVt
03-31-2014, 05:45 PM
To help those of us on forum who want to test your Countermeasure install out to ensure full effectiveness,
I'm rather keen to make this accessible for those who wish to attend
If you're keen put some input in and hopefully we hold a test day in near future
We may need work on location,
As this thread died 4 weeks ago!

dinkydi
03-31-2014, 05:54 PM
i think it's the logistic of us all being scattered around our great large country

dragons
04-01-2014, 09:47 PM
I'm keen, but Melbourne is pretty much a two day drive for me..

dinkydi
04-02-2014, 07:40 PM
week on a round trip incl fun time :D

beingaware
04-03-2014, 05:21 PM
We could always do it later in the year?
Road trip down for a laugh, just gotta save up some Annual leave.

Otherwise, MelbVT, why don't you meet Shanetrain half way at like Bordertown?