PDA

View Full Version : Motorcycle kit

Clint Eastwood
03-07-2014, 10:11 PM
WWBN (What would be nice) is if the manufacturers made a mini CPU with single or dual port only specifically with motorcycles in mind. I'd love to protect my new bike, but the cpu's are pretty clunky for a bike.

TheKhosenOne
03-08-2014, 06:38 AM
Agreed!!! I wouldn't mind getting a system for my GSXR.

BestRadarDetectors
03-08-2014, 07:00 AM
We have sold several systems to bike users. If there is a will there is a way. The market is too small to make a special jammer just for bikes.

ECMExpert
03-08-2014, 12:38 PM
We have sold several systems to bike users. If there is a will there is a way. The market is too small to make a special jammer just for bikes.

I suggested ALP months ago and offered mine for a test :). Clint must be deaf :(

spankyaf
03-08-2014, 04:24 PM
I've always been able fit the CPU under the seat or in the tail body although the coil of jammer wire can be a bit of a pain. On the plus side you can always switch the CPU back and forth between car and bike

Sent from my Arc using Tapatalk

Clint Eastwood
03-09-2014, 10:57 PM
I've always been able fit the CPU under the seat or in the tail body although the coil of jammer wire can be a bit of a pain. On the plus side you can always switch the CPU back and forth between car and bike

Good point. Also, under the seat should be do able. Kill switch is an issue, since it's unlikely you could even get to it in time. That said, JTG on a bike is probably less an issue, since getting a speed on a bike without a jammer is likely more difficult anyway, so the cop will probably shrug it off. Probably use the timer auto kill function on a bike.

Tman
03-09-2014, 11:46 PM
'' Kill switch is an issue, since it's unlikely you could even get to it in time ''

A 10$ wireless switch will solve this issue. I use one and works flawlessly.

spankyaf
03-13-2014, 07:38 PM
Kill switch is a must you can buy switches that almost look OEM like auxiliary light switches . I use a Mixit to bring both the rd and jammers into my helmet via a hardwire. I dont trust Bluetooth for alerts

s1000rr
03-13-2014, 07:55 PM
In my experience, most sportbikes have little to no room under the seat. Fortunately, one can purchase better than OEM quality replacement batteries that occupy significantly less space. This will leave enough room in the battery compartment for both a CPU and Power Commander. :)

http://www.hardracing.com/images/ballisticBattery.jpg

BestRadarDetectors
03-13-2014, 09:36 PM
In my experience, most sportbikes have little to no room under the seat. Fortunately, one can purchase better than OEM quality replacement batteries that occupy significantly less space. This will leave enough room in the battery compartment for both a CPU and Power Commander. :)

http://www.hardracing.com/images/ballisticBattery.jpg

That little battery really has the same amperage as that larger one?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

s1000rr
03-14-2014, 01:35 AM
No personal experience, but the lithium-based Ballistic has greater claimed CCA power compared to an OEM lead-acid battery.

"[our] 6.9Ahr 12 Cell EVO2 is on par with a 20AHr lead acid battery in actual performance"

http://www.ballisticparts.com/tech/faq.php#6

Most guys who use these do so for the weight savings and to save/create space for additional equipment.

max
03-14-2014, 04:08 AM
The only downside that this product have is that you must take it out every time from the bike in order to recharge it.

EvilGilligan
03-14-2014, 08:50 AM
I'd like to add a +1 for a request to AL for a motorcycle specific kit. I'll be adding a 1 head system with the BT and STIR integration module ... lots of little boxes to hide around the bike! Also, I hear the main control module is not waterproof ... one more problem to work around.

Open to suggestions from other motorcyclists who've installed the system. I am from Seattle, so protection from rain is crucial!

FJR1300
03-16-2014, 08:15 PM
Having shorter sensor cables would make the install much easier for most sport bikes, I'm lucky in that I have a decent amount of room under the seats, but I would think that a shorter cable option package wouldn't be too much of a burden on the manufacturer, especially if done as a custom order with an additional lead time acknowledged by the purchaser. I thought about cutting and splicing myself, but the warranty problem deterred me.

Tman
03-16-2014, 10:02 PM
Having shorter sensor cables would make the install much easier for most sport bikes, I'm lucky in that I have a decent amount of room under the seats, but I would think that a shorter cable option package wouldn't be too much of a burden on the manufacturer, especially if done as a custom order with an additional lead time acknowledged by the purchaser. I thought about cutting and splicing myself, but the warranty problem deterred me.

I shrinked my Li cables with this tool , no issues and easy to do.
Perhaps you can ask the manufacturer if he accepts to keep the warranty valid ...

http://www.ebay.ca/itm/RJ45-11-12-CAT5-Network-Lan-Cable-Crimper-Plier-Tools-/201053381622?pt=US_Cabling_Tools&hash=item2ecfb723f6