PDA

View Full Version : Need testing

kasher1979
01-04-2014, 08:14 PM
I have not been lucky enough to find anyone close by me and need to do some testing on my new LI setup.

The only thing I can think of is maybe finding someone willing to loan me a laser gun. I pay shipping here and back. I could also pay you for what the gun is worth and you could refund me once it arrives safe and sound back to you. I promise I will take care of it like it is my own.

Just a thought. I just need to test it as soon as I can.

RigToFly01
01-04-2014, 08:29 PM
Where are you located?

kasher1979
01-04-2014, 08:32 PM
Southern part of Kentucky near TN line.

RedRocket
01-04-2014, 09:46 PM
Last summer I knew of a company that rents some Lidar guns but have no idea where I put the name & worse, I can't remember the name,either.
I'll try to find it again.

max
01-04-2014, 10:51 PM
http://www.lasergunrentals.com/

kasher1979
01-05-2014, 01:20 AM
http://www.lasergunrentals.com/

Thanks Max! I looked at their website. Which gun do you guys think I should rent to test this? Which is the most difficult to jam for the LI ? This would be best one to get. If it can jam the most difficult one then I know I am in good shape.

Also what exactly are the rules about staying safe with this stuff. I know you are not supposed to look directly into the sensors while powered on. What about when testing. Just want to stay safe and not end up putting an eye out. lol reminds me of that Christmas Story show. "You'll shoot your eye out kid. " LOL

GotWake
01-05-2014, 01:24 AM
Do you know what guns are in your area?

kasher1979
01-05-2014, 01:29 AM

No I am not sure. That is what I am currently browsing around trying to find out. Not sure.....

kasher1979
01-05-2014, 01:41 AM

I would really like to know what the State Police use, but we do not have that information. I do so a few counties reports of what are being used, but these counties I do not travel in most.

RedRocket
01-05-2014, 09:52 AM
No I am not sure. That is what I am currently browsing around trying to find out. Not sure.....
I find almost no listings of Lidar usage in KY.
This is most unusual for a State b/c enthusiasts are very good in most other States at reporting what they have encountered.The only thing I could find:
1.For Kenton Cty. - LTI 20/20
2.For Jessamine Cty. - PL II

These are both older Lidar models.
IMO,an LTI "TruSpeed" or "LR B" model would be a good choice,since BOTH are very popular & widely used by State Police nationally.Local Police Dept's seem to prefer PL III's generally speaking.

It's also very important for a novice like you to have knowledge of how to properly set-up menu choices & operate the unit first...before renting one.

p.s. - you do NEED a very steady hand to target a vehicle,(just as a sniper must to be successful).
You got that ?

p.p.s. - An example of poor technique:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FGGzhhvoCtM&app=desktop
(The LaserAlly is so fast in capturing a "lock" for speed reading that it even compensates for this Shooter's erratic hand movements !!!)
Many other Lidar models would fail to get a reading under these circumstances.

kasher1979
01-06-2014, 08:26 PM
Rentals are 139 bucks for three days. Thats pretty steep isnt it? Thats the shortest time frame that they have.

max
01-06-2014, 09:24 PM
Thanks Max! I looked at their website. Which gun do you guys think I should rent to test this? Which is the most difficult to jam for the LI ? This would be best one to get. If it can jam the most difficult one then I know I am in good shape.

Also what exactly are the rules about staying safe with this stuff. I know you are not supposed to look directly into the sensors while powered on. What about when testing. Just want to stay safe and not end up putting an eye out. lol reminds me of that Christmas Story show. "You'll shoot your eye out kid. " LOL
My pleasure...
as this guy say he can rent you the DALA...so go for that.
Regarding safety: all police speed Lidar are class 1 - you can expose your retina (look directly to them even from 1 meter for hours...)

max
01-06-2014, 09:35 PM
Rentals are 139 bucks for three days. Thats pretty steep isnt it? Thats the shortest time frame that they have.

If he had succeeded rent them continuously, I would say that he has a successful business, since he purchased the majority of the LIDAR on EBAY, return for the investment is within a few weeks ...
But I do not think he can rent them continuously, I bet most of his clients are members of the forums who have not purchased their own test equipment ...