PDA

View Full Version : AL Priority w/Sti-R Plus antenna vs. MPH Z35 Handheld

BestRadarDetectors
11-22-2013, 03:36 PM
Just playing around with this integration and so far its doing pretty well. I have reached out to Nine C1 for some additional testing and he has not gotten back to me yet.
There might be some interference since they are so close. Current Settings AL Priority w/Sti-R (2,5,8 RDF OFF, POP ON) Redline RDR/BS (2,5,8 and RDR OFF, POP ON)

http://youtu.be/ck2BYmjU7h8

But for the most part the AL/Sti-R Plus integration was very fast at responding to the Z35. Reason I had POP on was because I was using the Z35 for 16MS POP testing in hope that the Sti-R Plus might be able to catch some. 16MS is super fast and almost impossible to detect.

NYSpeederPVM
11-22-2013, 04:16 PM
Looks pretty promising. Is the alert latch time the regular stir plus latch time? It seemed a little on the long side. Also, does it seem like it's loud enough?

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

L&R
11-22-2013, 05:11 PM
Very well it has the same sound as my with Bel 975.
I like AntiLaser to improve the speed of the sound.

BestRadarDetectors
11-22-2013, 06:39 PM
Looks pretty promising. Is the alert latch time the regular stir plus latch time? It seemed a little on the long side. Also, does it seem like it's loud enough?

Pretty sure latch is coming directly from the antenna itself. As for the Volume, It was not all the way up.

BestRadarDetectors
11-22-2013, 06:40 PM
Very well it has the same sound as my with Bel 975.
I like AntiLaser to improve the speed of the sound.

Sound will be completely different with the HiFi module or with the smartphone app using the Bluetooth module.

TurboDriver
11-24-2013, 01:20 PM
So how fast were your shots as the RedLine seems to have missed some? If this is too advanced of a subject then don't answer, I understand..

Is that all the display the integration will come with?

NYSpeederPVM
11-24-2013, 03:49 PM
So how fast were your shots as the RedLine seems to have missed some? If this is too advanced of a subject then don't answer, I understand..

Is that all the display the integration will come with?

I'm thinking the missed K shots are due to interference. If I understand right there will be the option for a more detailed display with the bluetooth module but you'll need to use your phone screen. Then later there will be a separate dedicated display to purchase separately.

BestRadarDetectors
11-24-2013, 03:56 PM
I'm thinking the missed K shots are due to interference. If I understand right there will be the option for a more detailed display with the bluetooth module but you'll need to use your phone screen. Then later there will be a separate dedicated display to purchase separately.

Correct, The display that you see is the standard control module that comes with the AL Priority. To just add radar protection you need to add the R/G Module & the Sti-R Plus antenna. Both together should be around $400 (Exact Pricing is not yet set) In the near future if you want an advanced display and voice alerts you can use the Bluetooth Module with your current iPhone of iPod. The HiFi module will also be released soon and that will add voice alerts to to the AL Priority without using your smartphone. The stand alone graphics display is several months away.

JohnBoy
11-25-2013, 08:36 AM
Anyone ever tested the Stir+ head as a visor mount up high? Also, are the plugs to the Stir head similar to the ALP sensors (2 piece)?

BestRadarDetectors
11-25-2013, 08:48 AM
Anyone ever tested the Stir+ head as a visor mount up high? Also, are the plugs to the Stir head similar to the ALP sensors (2 piece)?

Look below for how the Sti-R Plus is connected to the AL Priority:

Sti-R Plus head does have a Din connector around a 4ft from the head.

NYSpeederPVM
11-25-2013, 07:10 PM

It's been done, and works well, maybe even better.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=m4Lxxn52d-o&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3Dm4Lxxn52d-o