PDA

View Full Version : ALP Rider

JohnBoy
11-19-2013, 12:05 PM
Howdy. Looking forward to seeing more real world experiences with AL Priority. I installed mine in October. Several real life encounters with GA Statees and no problem against the PL3. I live in Gwinnett county where the infamous DALA is used. I have not been hit with it yet, but from based on the results of Mirage testing, looks like I should do just fine.

I did have my install tested in Nov against, PL3, TruSpeed, Ultralyte and Stalker. JTG on all units. :cool:

I am very glad that I held out and chose the ALs over the others. Now, if I can just add the Stir head for Christmas :eyebrows:

BestRadarDetectors
11-19-2013, 12:13 PM
Howdy. Looking forward to seeing more real world experiences with AL Priority. I installed mine in October. Several real life encounters with GA Statees and no problem against the PL3. I live in Gwinnett county where the infamous DALA is used. I have not been hit with it yet, but from based on the results of Mirage testing, looks like I should do just fine.

I did have my install tested in Nov against, PL3, TruSpeed, Ultralyte and Stalker. JTG on all units. :cool:

I am very glad that I held out and chose the ALs over the others. Now, if I can just add the Stir head for Christmas :eyebrows:

Welcome John, I do miss following your posts and experiences with your ALP on the other forum. A lot needs to be discussed about my departure from RDF but we will save that for another day. Thanks for joining and if I can be of any assistance please dont hesitate to ask. There are many other ALP users here and you made the right decision with the AL Priority. I am testing the Sti-R Plus integration now and it should be available soon. Photo's of the module are in the AL Priority thread.

Salty
11-19-2013, 12:32 PM
From what I hear, GA has alot of DALA's, and also that the ALP offers the most protection against DALA.

Mirage
11-19-2013, 12:41 PM

While our tests were successful be cautious with the DALA because there are too many versions of it floating around. There is no telling if your county has a version we tested against. We did test a current one, but that doesn't mean there were not some versions in between. Regardless the ALP currently offers the best protection against it.

Welcome aboard...

Yellowcab
11-19-2013, 02:25 PM
Welcome to the forum. Out of all of the jammers currently available the ALP offers the most protection against the DETL (DragonEye Technology LIDAR). If you know that they are running a DETL trap, but your ALP into recording mode and take a few passes. Send the recording to AL. There will be no need to fear the DETL in the future. Thank you AntiLaser.

Mirage
11-19-2013, 03:03 PM
Welcome to the forum. Out of all of the jammers currently available the ALP offers the most protection against the DETL (DragonEye Technology LIDAR). If you know that they are running a DETL trap, but your ALP into recording mode and take a few passes. Send the recording to AL. There will be no need to fear the DETL in the future. Thank you AntiLaser.

Yep I've already done this and it's a lot easier than I thought! AL rocks!

dinkydi
11-19-2013, 03:29 PM
welcome from OZ

GIG4FUN
11-19-2013, 05:44 PM

You da man! I like your gear and hope you get your Christmas wish!
Gig

RedRocket
11-19-2013, 06:24 PM
Welcome to the Forum,JohnBoy.
You could be a key asset to the AL-P community w/ your frequent exposure to that particular model Lidar.Much preference seems to be granted to LE in Gwinnett Cty from DET w/ "new" toys before anywhere else has 'em.

RigToFly01
11-19-2013, 07:35 PM
How do you put your ALP in recording mode?

BestRadarDetectors
11-19-2013, 08:46 PM
How do you put your ALP in recording mode?

Email me and I will explain the process.

curmudgeon
11-20-2013, 07:25 AM
Glad you're here. Looking forward to your contributions

GA Speed
11-20-2013, 11:46 AM
Hey John,

Your ALP system was the first ALP I ever shot testing, I was quit impressed with the performance.

Don't forget your need to get some rear heads on her as well, you don't want someone to catch you with your pants down so to speak. :hororr:

JohnBoy
11-20-2013, 12:46 PM
Hey John,

Your ALP system was the first ALP I ever shot testing, I was quit impressed with the performance.

Don't forget your need to get some rear heads on her as well, you don't want someone to catch you with your pants down so to speak. :hororr:

On my Christmas "wish list". With that being said, I feel more naked driving my Sequoia without ALPs than I do driving the BMW. I will likely purchase CMs for the Sequoia before purchasing rear heads.

Bear
11-20-2013, 05:20 PM
Welcome JohnBoy! Now get out there and do some drivin' and recordin' :)